ADVERTISEMENT

Howard has left the house

I remember, like it was yesterday, sitting in the aluminum bleachers at old Cardinal stadium watching Bob Weber's final game. Their was serious talk that U of L was going to go down to D 2 for their football program. A guy younger than me said his father said that Howard was going to be our next coach. I thought he was full of it but he was right. Howard saved us and IS the reason we have what we have. Thank you Howard, rest in peace.

I remember, like it was yesterday, sitting in the aluminum bleachers at old Cardinal stadium watching Bob Weber's final game. Their was serious talk that U of L was going to go down to D 2 for their football program. A guy younger than me said his father said that Howard was going to be our next coach. I thought he was full of it but he was right. Howard saved us and IS the reason we have what we have. Thank you Howard, rest in peace.

Let's not forget about Bill Olson. He was my biology teacher at Westport High
School. He was also the BB coach before being on the staff at UofL.

Reactions: PHCARD

Soul, you need to read Rick Bozich WDRB sports story on line today. Great story on Howard. Your teacher Mr Olsen is mentioned too.

Yes Bill, and others, got him to come to U of L, but make no mistake. Howard did the heavy lifting

Reactions: PHCARD and Blouman
RIP, Coach! You were the greatest!

It’s hard to believe he agreed to take the job back in ‘84.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT