ADVERTISEMENT

How is UofL not ranked!?!?

The Cardinals have two wins over highly ranked teams.

Michigan State
At North Carolina

Non conference road win at Seton Hall .

4 losses to ranked teams.

Tennessee
Marquette, both in New York.

Kentucky

At Indiana

The one bad loss was in overtime at Pittsburgh.

Eye test alone should have Louisville ranked in the top 20.

Too many 1-2 loss teams. Only three 3 loss teams in there, and 2 of them beat the Cards. 5 losses too many in Mid-Jan snapshot in time.

Same reason why some of the local media last week Jason Anderson and Sweeney and Lachs shows. Devoted alot of their airtime negatively dogging Louisville for the Pitt loss. But today Monday Anderson hasn't even mentioned the win from Sat as i type this SMH. Lach and Sweeney had very few words.also !

Couier Journal middle of page big Uk article to the side of it U of L truly amazing!

I hear you on that. However since it's the first year of it we truly don't know what it really factors in the NCAA selection and seeding process. So i want us in the top 25 to kill any doubt

NET is the NCAA's model. The NET rankings take into account game results, strength of schedule, game location, scoring margin, offensive and defensive efficiency and the quality of wins and losses. Previously, as part of the RPI, game date no longer factors in (early season loss, late season win, etc.)

It seems to me, since this is the NCAA's model, the selection committee will use the highest NET ranked at large teams for the 36, then along with the 32 conference tournament winners, there are your NCAA tournament teams, leaving, hopefully, subjectivity and bias along the wayside. But, it is the NCAA were talking about. I'm sure they'll f*** it up somehow.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...ed-ncaa-adopts-new-college-basketball-ranking

NET is the NCAA's model. The NET rankings take into account game results, strength of schedule, game location, scoring margin, offensive and defensive efficiency and the quality of wins and losses. Previously, as part of the RPI, game date no longer factors in (early season loss, late season win, etc.)

It seems to me, since this is the NCAA's model, the selection committee will use the highest NET ranked at large teams for the 36, then along with the 32 conference tournament winners, there are your NCAA tournament teams, leaving, hopefully, subjectivity and bias along the wayside. But, it is the NCAA were talking about. I'm sure they'll f*** it up somehow.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...ed-ncaa-adopts-new-college-basketball-ranking
Thats why it's important to be ranked. Cause nothing is full proof especially with computer numbers they showed that old system was still flawed. And i'm sure this one has it's kinks also.

Cards take care of business in Pittsburgh and we’re probably ranked 18th. Gotta win all the winnables if you’re Louisville. No handouts at this point.

I think you want to stay in the top 30 in the NET rankings to be solidly in. 36 at-large berths and I'm sure the side by side comparison will come into play when you have a Wofford sitting at 32 and OSU at 36--they are going to take OSU. Either way, UL just needs to get to 10 conference wins and I think we are good.

I think you want to stay in the top 30 in the NET rankings to be solidly in. 36 at-large berths and I'm sure the side by side comparison will come into play when you have a Wofford sitting at 32 and OSU at 36--they are going to take OSU. Either way, UL just needs to get to 10 conference wins and I think we are good.
I agree. The one thing I noticed though is this NET ranking seems to favor the power 5 schools.

8 B1G, 7 ACC, 5 SEC, and 4 B12 teams in the top 30. That's 24 of the top 30 in power five conferences.

@Cue, I think thats the case in most rankings. KenPOM, Sagarin, etc. And you have to say Power 6 in Bball b/c of the Big East.

Reactions: Cue Card
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT