ADVERTISEMENT

How has it not leaked?

Yeah, Frost didn’t still have a house in Lincoln and neither did his brothers.

I laugh every time I read the “house” argument. A guy who grew up there, bought a house, and never sold it means he’s more likely to come home versus if he had sold it? Lol

I laugh every time I read the “house” argument. A guy who grew up there, bought a house, and never sold it means he’s more likely to come home versus if he had sold it? Lol
Deep down you think he's coming or at least know that there is a good possibility. You wouldn't be over here on our boards if you didn't have these feelings.

It's ok little buddy, we are all here to talk and listen. Just get it out lil guy.

Reactions: wilkie01
Deep down you think he's coming or at least know that there is a good possibility. You wouldn't be over here on our boards if you didn't have these feelings.

It's ok little buddy, we are all here to talk and listen. Just get it out lil guy.

Oh there’s for sure a possibility. But not even close to a sure thing like so many on here seem to think.

You are correct! They are scared $hitless!

First of all, I’ve owned houses in 3 different cities. I sold them when I moved because I wasn’t expecting to move back anytime soon.

Actually Jeff owning and retaining a home maybe says less than Brian and Greg. Jeff is making enough that that the carrying costs of the house are negligible in relation to his salary. On the other hand Greg and Brian are not making the kind of money that would generally lend itself to them just holding onto it. So yes, them having houses in Louisville does speak to their notion and pull of their hometown.

Different from. You are drawing a contrast, not making a comparison.
I'm not. You know how many people have compared Scott Frost going home to Jeff Brohm? It's totally different. Scott Frost had maxed out at his previous employer. He went 12-0 and missed the playoff. If Brohm went 13-0 at Purdue, they are in the playoff. Scott Frost left for a better job that allowed him to go further because it was unachievable where he was. It's a poor comparison.

I'm not. You know how many people have compared Scott Frost going home to Jeff Brohm? It's totally different. Scott Frost had maxed out at his previous employer. He went 12-0 and missed the playoff. If Brohm went 13-0 at Purdue, they are in the playoff. Scott Frost left for a better job that allowed him to go further because it was unachievable where he was. It's a poor comparison.

He picked going home to Nebraska over moving a couple hours north to Gainesville. UF was a much better situation but home won out.

Reactions: CardfbFanatic06
He picked going home to Nebraska over moving a couple hours north to Gainesville. UF was a much better situation but home won out.
Regardless, he was stepping up to a better job that had more potential for success. As said before, UCF went undefeated and didn't make the playoffs. Why stay? Purdue isn't comparable to UCF in that if Purdue went undefeated, they undoubtedly make the playoffs.

Yeah he's got a big house here. There was a great article last week though that reminded us that Brohm turned down playing QB for Notre Dame in college when UofL was playing on a damn baseball field. He turned down coaching with Nick Saban (twice) to stay at UofL. His family lives here and his brothers and father played here. It's pretty well beyond just "coming home" for him.

As far as Purdue goes they gave him a bunch of money and an opportunity when he was coaching at WKU. He took it and is doing good job. You love him, we love him. We get it. Financially the schools are comparable and it's clear yourr fan base is way more on edge than ours.

We can ask ourselves all day what motivates a coach to take a job but with the kind of history he has here at UofL it's hardly a lateral move in his eyes. Or so it looks from his past decisions. If the compensation is close we have the edge with facilities, history and path to playoffs.

The odds are in our favor he comes home (literally). Even if we don't you have to know he's not staying at Purdue more than another season. He'd stay to properly finish a rebuild and get a monster job offer from somewhere awesome.

Go cards, Beat Purdue.

Yeah he's got a big house here. There was a great article last week though that reminded us that Brohm turned down playing QB for Notre Dame in college when UofL was playing on a damn baseball field. He turned down coaching with Nick Saban (twice) to stay at UofL. His family lives here and his brothers and father played here. It's pretty well beyond just "coming home" for him.

As far as Purdue goes they gave him a bunch of money and an opportunity when he was coaching at WKU. He took it and is doing good job. You love him, we love him. We get it. Financially the schools are comparable and it's clear yourr fan base is way more on edge than ours.

We can ask ourselves all day what motivates a coach to take a job but with the kind of history he has here at UofL it's hardly a lateral move in his eyes. Or so it looks from his past decisions. If the compensation is close we have the edge with facilities, history and path to playoffs.

The odds are in our favor he comes home (literally). Even if we don't you have to know he's not staying at Purdue more than another season. He'd stay to properly finish a rebuild and get a monster job offer from somewhere awesome.

Go cards, Beat Purdue.
If it's 50-50 like a lot of people say, are the odds in Louisvilles favor?

When you use the word “different”, you are drawing a contrast. The word “than” is used in comparisons, such as “bigger than”, “stronger than”, etc. therefore “different than” is nonsensical, since it confuses two different meanings.

If it's 50-50 like a lot of people say, are the odds in Louisvilles favor?

I think it's 60/40 he stays at Purdue. As far as family goes, it's not like he is in Cali or New York. He can just drive down to Louisville and see his family. So unless he wants to rebuild Louisville, I think he stays where he is. Will know in the next few days.

I think it's 60/40 he stays at Purdue. As far as family goes, it's not like he is in Cali or New York. He can just drive down to Louisville and see his family. So unless he wants to rebuild Louisville, I think he stays where he is. Will know in the next few days.

Rebuild is a curious word to use hear from a Louisville fan. I think you can make an extremely easy argument that even right now...on paper...there's more talent at Louisville than Purdue.

Now, does it need some development and mentality changes? Yes...but this Louisville roster is filled with 4 straight classes ranked in the mid-low 30s on 247.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT