ADVERTISEMENT

How has it not leaked?

Chapman123

800+
Jan 20, 2018
Louisville
If Brohm really is coming to Louisville wouldnt it have leaked out in some way ? I feel like all of the talk has kind of died down in the last few days. Maybe he isnt coming here.

Reactions: idaho_bob
It's OK even if Brohm doesn't, (which I still think he will). UofL's football job is a very good one and will draw a lot of attention from a lot of quality candidates.

Reactions: wilkie01
Because even if something were in place there is the threat of it costing the university $1 million dollars if its announced before 12/6.

My assumptions are that Jeff has let Tyra know that once the season is over they will sit down and try and to work something out. Both sides know about the 12/6/18 date.

Reactions: wilkie01
Based on how Brohm did things before, I don't think ANYTHING will happen until after Saturday. If you remember USCjr came after him hard and he simply told them not until the end of the season and they went hired Muschump--man they screwed up.......

If Brohm really is coming to Louisville wouldnt it have leaked out in some way ? I feel like all of the talk has kind of died down in the last few days. Maybe he isnt coming here.

It is my belief that there are back-channel discussions happening. However I don't believe Brohm will meet with Tyra until Purdue's season ends (and nor should he), and no agreement will be signed/no announcement will be made until after the buyout goes down by $1MM on Dec 5.

Very true, forgot about the buyout going down......good point. My twin boys birthday is the 5th......happy motha *%^&$*$ boys!

First thing first, vince tyra will contact purdue’s AD to request to speak with jeff. That most likely happens and we know a deal is done. If we dont hear about that request in the next week then get ready for neal brown

It is my belief that there are back-channel discussions happening. However I don't believe Brohm will meet with Tyra until Purdue's season ends (and nor should he), and no agreement will be signed/no announcement will be made until after the buyout goes down by $1MM on Dec 5.

Yep, this is what I've been preaching for a week so people will stop expecting news. I fully think UL has simply contacted Jeff's people and simply asked, "wanna talk about this when the season is over?" and Jeff no doubt said yes. Both parties will likely sit down next week and start initial contract talks but I think it would be crazy to announce his hire before 12/6/18.

I also think the fact that we've heard nothing, nada, zip or any hint that Louisville is even glancing at anyone other than Jeff probably says something too.

Reactions: Cap'n Jim
First thing first, vince tyra will contact purdue’s AD to request to speak with jeff. That most likely happens and we know a deal is done. If we dont hear about that request in the next week then get ready for neal brown

Aint happening!

We need to move on. It's apparent he's not coming here this time around as everyone is back tracking now.

Reactions: Boilpotato
It's not a done deal. Both parties want it to happen, but it's about terms.
How do you know both parties want it to happen? To Jeff personally call you up and tell you that he wants to go back to Louisville? I don’t think so right now it is only wishful thinking on your part.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
Because at the end of the day, Louisville isn’t that big of a city. Should Brohm not be Louisville’s next coach, it won’t be because he didn’t want to be here, or that Louisville didn’t want him.

Patience. The Trinity mafia is on it!
This is true. I know a couple of Trinty guys from my playing days at Louisville they are confident Brohm is the guy. Nothing has changed this week. The timeline was never this week.

Some of us are growing impatient. Jeff Brohm cannot make a public decision at this point, nor can AD Tyra out of respect for Purdue. I don’t know if “terms” have been decided or not but they will be worked on. Unfortunately this has turned into a Purdue vs UofL thing and that isn’t the case at all. Of course Purdue fans want to keep Jeff Brohm and if he hadn’t grown up here or have played football here then Purdue just might be the winner here. But Jeff did grow up here and he was educated and played here so we, naturally, have a leg up on his services. We will know soon enough. Hang in there.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: CommodoreCard
Some of us are growing impatient. Jeff Brohm cannot make a public decision at this point, nor can AD Tyra out of respect for Purdue. I don’t know if “terms” have been decided or not but they will be worked on. Unfortunately this has turned into a Purdue vs UofL thing and that isn’t the case at all. Of course Purdue fans want to keep Jeff Brohm and if he hadn’t grown up here or have played football here then Purdue just might be the winner here. But Jeff did grow up here and he was educated and played here so we, naturally, have a leg up on his services. We will know soon enough. Hang in there.

So what if he grew up there. Did Coach K go back to West Point? Wooden back to Purdue? Knight to OSU? No. Just because he went to school and or grew up there doesn’t mean he’s going to go back to Louisville. It may play a factor but he also needs to look at who he can win with, recruiting class, how committed is the school to the program. So you take out that he grew up in Louisville then he’s not going anywhere. Factor that in then it’s a coin toss.

No more than what it "has" already. Maybe he isn't coming here but guys typically do not "formally accept" new jobs until at least their current regular season is over with. Should they lose to IU I think you hear something next week. If they win and get a bowl spot it may be a few weeks longer depending on "how" he would like to exit PU (assuming he elects to do so).

Peace

Hi all and Happy Thanksgiving! As a former Purdue football player in the 80s I thought I would raise a few points (not looking to argue). CJB has been a godsend for our program. He is very well liked at Purdue. I think mostly because he such a straight shooter with everyone. He stated that Lousiville is not his dream job. Does that mean he isn't emotional about the UL program? No..... I can tell you that a lot of ex-players I am contact with are convinced he stays. For what it is worth I think no decision to leave has been made at this point. Whatever way this goes best of luck in the future.

What guy that is the coach at one team says to the media that another team is his dream job? The delusion from Boil fans is as high as I've seen
He was point blank asked that question at his weekly press conference (the Monday after Petrino was fired) and he said flatly “No”. He could have danced around it, but he didn’t.

He was point blank asked that question at his weekly press conference (the Monday after Petrino was fired) and he said flatly “No”. He could have danced around it, but he didn’t.
You really are not very intelligent or your fandom has jaded you. I hope to God he come here because I'm letting each of you idiotic trolls have it. It will be so sweet

You really are not very intelligent or your fandom has jaded you. I hope to God he come here because I'm letting each of you idiotic trolls have it. It will be so sweet

At this time it is highly unlikely that Brohm will be leaving Purdue after this season.

Look man, someone asked if he said that and i just provided the answer. I don’t think anybody doubts the emotional and family pull to Louisville is a HUGE factor in what he decides. But he answered the question directly like this ...

Brohm was asked specifically if being the head coach at Louisville was his dream job and the 47-year-old former Louisville quarterback and assistant coach answered with, “No, it has not.”

Here’s the link ...

https://sports.yahoo.com/jeff-brohm-addresses-louisville-opening-says-not-dream-job-184724209.html

We’ve all heard from the Louisville fans that it’s always been his dream job, but he directly said no.

I couldn't agree more. Its not Brohm or bust for me.

Its just the media and people on here act like its a sure thing, yet you dont hear much about it lately.
I get the whole loyalty angle but did anybody at UCF give Scott Frost crap about going to his "dream job" at Nebraska?He was on course to guide them to a perfect season when he accepted the job an no one ripped him for his decision to leave. I just feel like if he wants the job and takes it so be it. If not I want a good coach that can recruit and hire good assistants and one who wants to be here.

Purdue’s main argument for Brohm staying is a Top 25 recruiting class. Sorry fellas, a chunk of those kids will decommit and follow Brohm to UofL. Kids commit to coaches, not schools.

Purdue’s main argument for Brohm staying is a Top 25 recruiting class. Sorry fellas, a chunk of those kids will decommit and follow Brohm to UofL. Kids commit to coaches, not schools.

Lol if you think that’s the main argument. It’s one of several but hardly the biggest one.

All things being equal, then UofL has the “leg up” here. And the BIGGEST reason is his total connection here. He, as a true professional, would never disrespect his employer (Purdue) by saying that UofL was his “dream job”, at least, not while drawing a pay check from Purdue. You have to know that. I believe the only reason he stays at Purdue is that UofL in some fashion does not deliver on what Jeff wants. Pretty simple if you stop and think about it. Other than the UofL connection the rest is pretty equal (facilities, conference affiliation, etc.). But there will be two deciding factors, one, this is home for Jeff and, two, will UofL come up with all of the things that Jeff wants. I think AD Tyra is on top of this and will make our offer difficult for Jeff to turn down. But I hope Purdue beats IU and gets Purdue bowl eligible.

I seem to hear the argument that JB won’t leave Perdue because he has started the rebuild there and wants to see it through. This would have to be based upon the assumption that Perdue is important to him, that Perdue’s undoing success matters greatly to him and that he is very loyal to Perdue, their team and their administration. This talk would also indicate that Jeff went to Perdue because he really wanted to help that program and has nothing to do with getting his feet wet in a Power 5 program which he can use to build his creds to see a better job elsewhere. So, if Jeff possesses these traits (loyalty, commitment to program, wishing to finish a job he started), you would also have to apply those same traits to Louisville. Jeff has his fingerprints all over the building of the UL football program (as do Brian and Greg). The Brohm family have deep, deep roots in the UL program. Jeff and the Brohms have similar roots in the Trinity HS football program. Would you not have to believe he wants to be a part of those programs continued success as well? The Brohms have had a huge role in the building of UL’s football success, why shouldn’t they come back and continue that process? Come on home Jeff, finish what you and your family started.

I get the whole loyalty angle but did anybody at UCF give Scott Frost crap about going to his "dream job" at Nebraska?He was on course to guide them to a perfect season when he accepted the job an no one ripped him for his decision to leave. I just feel like if he wants the job and takes it so be it. If not I want a good coach that can recruit and hire good assistants and one who wants to be here.
The Scott Frost situation is totally different than the Jeff Brohm situation.

I seem to hear the argument that JB won’t leave Perdue because he has started the rebuild there and wants to see it through. This would have to be based upon the assumption that Perdue is important to him, that Perdue’s undoing success matters greatly to him and that he is very loyal to Perdue, their team and their administration. This talk would also indicate that Jeff went to Perdue because he really wanted to help that program and has nothing to do with getting his feet wet in a Power 5 program which he can use to build his creds to see a better job elsewhere. So, if Jeff possesses these traits (loyalty, commitment to program, wishing to finish a job he started), you would also have to apply those same traits to Louisville. Jeff has his fingerprints all over the building of the UL football program (as do Brian and Greg). The Brohm family have deep, deep roots in the UL program. Jeff and the Brohms have similar roots in the Trinity HS football program. Would you not have to believe he wants to be a part of those programs continued success as well? The Brohms have had a huge role in the building of UL’s football success, why shouldn’t they come back and continue that process? Come on home Jeff, finish what you and your family started.
To the best of my knowledge Brohm has nothing to do with Perdue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT