ADVERTISEMENT

Horrible pile of garbage

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
I’m still in the stands for some reason watching this pathetic display. Our offense looks disastrous and our defensive line is getting pushed back by Indiana State. This is a total joke. And to add insult to injury, they are still having tv timeouts and a full 20 minute half. Just a total mess.

At some point the blind homers who keep arguing with me about where Petrino is taking us will shut up. Not sure what the excuses will be for this debacle but I can't wait to hear them.

Reactions: wilkie01
LOL...

LOL at the "Petrino 1.0" chatter...

LOL at the "conventional/power spread/two tight end/good old days" offense...

Someone please convince me how much you know about football and offense in this type of thread. I'd like to LOL a lot more...

Reactions: KozmasAgain
LOL...

LOL at the "Petrino 1.0" chatter...

LOL at the "conventional/power spread/two tight end/good old days" offense...

Someone please convince me how much you know about football and offense in this type of thread. I'd like to LOL a lot more...

Find anywhere in this thread where Petrino 1.0 is mentioned or the type of offense is mentioned. You are just making stuff up which is what you are good at. Create some false narrative and then ride it. What a joke. If you have some thoughts on the game then post them. Otherwise crawl back into your hole. Maybe you can pick Tom’s brain.

At some point the blind homers who keep arguing with me about where Petrino is taking us will shut up. Not sure what the excuses will be for this debacle but I can't wait to hear them.

Are you as stupid as you sound? It certainly seems so. Where would “your boy” take us? The same place he’s taking Purdue? We played terrible tonight and I think a part of that was our attitude toward our opponent. And, yes, I lay apart of that at Bobby’s feet. Even though I defend him I’m to silly enough to think he’s perfect or infallible. But hey I appreciate you creating interest in our football program but any more than that, not so much.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

impossible to do much in weather like that, but the defense is definitely something to be concerned about. A couple of injuries on that side to which isn't something they can handle.

I’ll attribute it to Alabama letdown.

Going from #1 to #201 has an effect on attitude. Weather didn’t help.

But it’s Bobby's job to get em ready.

I’ll wait until after next week to see if I will jump off a bridge. :D

Reactions: gocds
I’ll attribute it to Alabama letdown.

Going from #1 to #201 has an effect on attitude. Weather didn’t help.

But it’s Bobby's job to get em ready.

I’ll wait until after next week to jump off a bridge.

Both games were a reflection of an attitude that didn't jive with reality. The players were foolish enough to confidently shoot their mouth off before Alabama and then thought they could just show up and win last night. That is on the coach. The players don't seem to understand how bad they are and how unprepared they are because the coach doesn't demand their best in practice.

Both games were a reflection of an attitude that didn't jive with reality. The players were foolish enough to confidently shoot their mouth off before Alabama and then thought they could just show up and win last night. That is on the coach. The players don't seem to understand how bad they are and how unprepared they are because the coach doesn't demand their best in practice.
Agree.

But I’m going to wait a week. And may wait two years.

Because I can’t do anything else.

U are such an idiot. Really, the dumbest of the dumb. U would actually rather see Petrino fail so u can say "i told ya so." Just a miserable troll is all u are. I feel sorry for the youngsters on here that read your crap.

Most the push back you are getting is about your delivery and overall redundancy. You're just insufferable and a broken record. You also act as if the Cards have been producing mediocrity under this regime for years (they haven't been) and this board is full of Petrino sunshine pumpers (it's not).

The facts show seasons with 9, 8, 9, and 8 wins - with 2 T25 finishes. That's not a mediocre product.

Your posts are also mostly projection. We heard you the first time. A few agree with you, a few do not, and most just aren't sure either way.

Last edited:
I’m still in the stands for some reason watching this pathetic display. Our offense looks disastrous and our defensive line is getting pushed back by Indiana State. This is a total joke. And to add insult to injury, they are still having tv timeouts and a full 20 minute half. Just a total mess.
I had to listen to the game on Radio because for some reason(I guess weather) the ESPN 3 thread quick working down here in Texas. On the Broadcast Alex Kupper made an interesting comment about the D-Line. He said something along the lines that the D-Line needs to be more active, they are just "catching" the Oline's Blocks.

Most the push back you are getting is about your delivery and overall redundancy. You're just insufferable and a broken record. You also act as if the Cards have been producing mediocrity under this regime for years (they haven't been) and this board is full of Petrino sunshine pumpers (it's not).

The facts show seasons with 9, 8, 9, and 8 wins - with 2 T25 finishes. That's not a mediocre product.

Your posts are also mostly projection. We heard you the first time. A few agree with you, a few do not, and most just aren't sure either way.

Spin, spin, spin. The wins, with maybe one or two exceptions were against bad teams and most of the bowl games have been train wrecks. The primary concern is the trend of the program which is down. Because of another coach's talent we could have gone 11-1 in 2.0's first season with just a couple of breaks and a few points. We are nothing like that now. The talent continues to drop and the idea that we are seriously going to challenge Clemson is just a distant memory now. As of today, we are mediocre.

I had to listen to the game on Radio because for some reason(I guess weather) the ESPN 3 thread quick working down here in Texas. On the Broadcast Alex Kupper made an interesting comment about the D-Line. He said something along the lines that the D-Line needs to be more active, they are just "catching" the Oline's Blocks.

That’s a good point he made. Yeah, our d line isn’t controlling the blockers, so they can’t disrupt the line of scrimmage. Understandable against Alabama but inexcusable against a horrible FCS team.

Spin, spin, spin. The wins, with maybe one or two exceptions were against bad teams and most of the bowl games have been train wrecks. The primary concern is the trend of the program which is down. Because of another coach's talent we could have gone 11-1 in 2.0's first season with just a couple of breaks and a few points. We are nothing like that now. The talent continues to drop and the idea that we are seriously going to challenge Clemson is just a distant memory now. As of today, we are mediocre.

Amazing when presented with facts you deflect and call facts spin. The trend is 8.5 wins per season in a much tougher conference from top to bottem than CUSA/BE/AAC were.

Your comment on recruiting has been disproven in another thread and yet you still spout off your false narrative as fact.....and its just not.

I think you are a displaced uk fan who just loves to hate on UofL and CBP any chance you get. And just like the devil you distort facts just enough to confuse the weak minded as truth and facts to hype your POV. Posters of your ilk disgust me. Time to ignore your pitiful POV....and maybe you will go away..

Amazing when presented with facts you deflect and call facts spin. The trend is 8.5 wins per season in a much tougher conference from top to bottem than CUSA/BE/AAC were.

Your comment on recruiting has been disproven in another thread and yet you still spout off your false narrative as fact.....and its just not.

I think you are a displaced uk fan who just loves to hate on UofL and CBP any chance you get. And just like the devil you distort facts just enough to confuse the weak minded as truth and facts to hype your POV. Posters of your ilk disgust me. Time to ignore your pitiful POV....and maybe you will go away..
Wrong. I actually presented facts with real context and no one will address them because it proves my point which is 2.0's best team was the one with another coach's players. That proves my point about recruiting too.

That’s a good point he made. Yeah, our d line isn’t controlling the blockers, so they can’t disrupt the line of scrimmage. Understandable against Alabama but inexcusable against a horrible FCS team.
The reason why that was true is because of the field conditions. Imagine trying to block a guy while skating on ice or on roller skates. One misstep and your career could be over.

The reason why that was true is because of the field conditions. Imagine trying to block a guy while skating on ice or on roller skates. One misstep and your career could be over.

Hope you are right although the field turf drains really well. The field conditions don’t explain ISU pushing our d line off the ball though. Guess we will see on Saturday night. Forecast looks good so far.

Find anywhere in this thread where Petrino 1.0 is mentioned or the type of offense is mentioned. You are just making stuff up which is what you are good at. Create some false narrative and then ride it. What a joke. If you have some thoughts on the game then post them. Otherwise crawl back into your hole. Maybe you can pick Tom’s brain.
And we also what that old style offense of Alabama did to the Louisville defense. Enough said!

Anyone who thought we were going 11-1 in 2014, stepping up into a better conference where everybody actually takes football seriously and spends 10's of millions of dollars annually on the sport, is just not living in reality.

The only way we were going 11-1 in 2014 is if Teddy Bridgewater had decided to return for his senior season. Instead, we were starting Will Gardner, Reggie Bonnafon, and Kyle Bolin. And not only did we go 5-3 in conference, but we beat Notre Dame in South Bend.

Yes, we do need to recruit better to catch Clemson. They're saying the same thing in Tallahassee these days, as well.

Anyone who thought we were going 11-1 in 2014, stepping up into a better conference where everybody actually takes football seriously and spends 10's of millions of dollars annually on the sport, is just not living in reality.

The only way we were going 11-1 in 2014 is if Teddy Bridgewater had decided to return for his senior season. Instead, we were starting Will Gardner, Reggie Bonnafon, and Kyle Bolin. And not only did we go 5-3 in conference, but we beat Notre Dame in South Bend.

Yes, we do need to recruit better to catch Clemson. They're saying the same thing in Tallahassee these days, as well.
I think a lot of people forget you all didn't have Devante Parker for most of that season too. Once he came back, UofL was a completely different team. I still have nightmares of our secondary trying to cover him in 2014 in that crushing defeat. Last year, Jaire Alexander was out most of the year. Once he came back, Louisville's defense was like a completely different unit.

Those 2 injuries do not happen...I bet Bobby's tenure is looked at a lot differently. And those weren't just injuries to guys you can replace, they were 2 very high draft picks.

Another dishonest comment. This year

What are you talking about? We lost 2 games by a total of 8 points and literally one play in each of those game deciding the game. There is no way we are anywhere near that now and it is obvious why.

...What are you talking about? We lost 2 games by a total of 8 points and literally one play in each of those game deciding the game. There is no way we are anywhere near that now and it is obvious why.
We lost two games last year by a total of seven points. I guess that means we were a lot better in 2017 than eight wins shows...

2000px-SMirC-crazy.svg.png

Last edited:
Reactions: gocds and Mayoman
We lost two games last year by a total of seven points. I guess that means were a lot better in 2017 than eight wins shows...

Feel free to make that argument. The obvious difference is the 2014 team was competitive in every game and the dumb mistakes that costs us those 2 games that year should have never happened. Big difference.

Feel free to make that argument. The obvious difference is the 2014 team was competitive in every game and the dumb mistakes that costs us those 2 games that year should have never happened. Big difference.
Well, that was YOUR argument I used. And I figured you'd deviate from facts and statistics again. Let me have some practice photos instead...

Another dishonest comment. This year

What are you talking about? We lost 2 games by a total of 8 points and literally one play in each of those game deciding the game. There is no way we are anywhere near that now and it is obvious why.

Yes, it's obvious why. First, we have not been recruiting on defense at the same level we did when Charlie Strong was our coach. Second, we did not play anyone in 2014 anywhere close to the level of this year's Alabama team, and that includes the Florida State team that won the ACC that year and then got blown out by 39 points in the playoffs by an Oregon team that was then beaten by 3 TDs in the championship game by Ohio State.

As I said, we need to recruit better if we're going to catch Clemson. I'm waiting to hear which coach you are going to hire to replace arguably the best coach UofL has ever had in order to suddenly begin recruiting at Clemson's level. It didn't seem to me like Nick Saban was looking to change schools....

Reactions: wilkie01 and SoulSr
that's a two gap rush, which is what the D line would do to stop the run...hold onto the block and adjust to the run so you cover both gaps...not saying they did it perfectly, but holding them to 7 points is ok in my book..

that's a two gap rush, which is what the D line would do to stop the run...hold onto the block and adjust to the run so you cover both gaps...not saying they did it perfectly, but holding them to 7 points is ok in my book..

Thanks. I certainly don't consider myself an expert on the nuances of playing defensive line but I thought Kupper, being a former Offensive Lineman, probably knew what he was talking about.

The ACC is more known for its basketball tradition than it is taking football seriously outside of a few programs. It’s still early but the ACC is having a tough go of it so far this year

The ACC is more known for its basketball tradition than it is taking football seriously outside of a few programs. It’s still early but the ACC is having a tough go of it so far this year

For once you said something that’s partially correct. The ACC is having tough go of it this year. But please tell me which team in the $ec East will challenge UGA. There isn’t going to be a challenger. It’s UGA and then the rest. The $ec West has Alabama and LSU and TAM and then the rest. The balance of the $ec is just so so whereas by the end of the year you’ll see that Clemson is a very real part of the Top 4 teams in the USA. Miami and VaTech will also be very good by end of the year and don’t sell out on UofL just yet.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Yes, it's obvious why. First, we have not been recruiting on defense at the same level we did when Charlie Strong was our coach. Second, we did not play anyone in 2014 anywhere close to the level of this year's Alabama team, and that includes the Florida State team that won the ACC that year and then got blown out by 39 points in the playoffs by an Oregon team that was then beaten by 3 TDs in the championship game by Ohio State.

As I said, we need to recruit better if we're going to catch Clemson. I'm waiting to hear which coach you are going to hire to replace arguably the best coach UofL has ever had in order to suddenly begin recruiting at Clemson's level. It didn't seem to me like Nick Saban was looking to change schools....
We are never going to recruit at a Clemson level because we just do not have the natural recruiting grounds they do. They probably are top 5 in terms of recruiting now. That is why we need to run the historical Petrino offensive system which means you have a chance to succeed against a more talented program by keeping their defense off balance and running things they rarely see. It worked here and it worked at Arkansas. We do need to recruit better but we would be in great shape if we could just recruit at the level we did when 1.0 was. When he left we were recruiting against top SEC programs for players on a regular basis. That is rarely the case now.

That is why we need to run the historical Petrino offensive system which means you have a chance to succeed against a more talented program by keeping their defense off balance and running things they rarely see. It worked here and it worked at Arkansas.
Maybe the evolution of defensive philosophies has begun to catch up with Bobby’s system that was so successful in his first stint at UL? I don’t know if that’s the case or not. I know the air raid was successful for a time but defensive coordinators caught up with it and it was phased out. It’s a constant chess match trying to evolve and get ahead for coordinators. Many of them spend their offseasons traveling and studying teams at the NFL level

Maybe the evolution of defensive philosophies has begun to catch up with Bobby’s system that was so successful in his first stint at UL? I don’t know if that’s the case or not. I know the air raid was successful for a time but defensive coordinators caught up with it and it was phased out. It’s a constant chess match trying to evolve and get ahead for coordinators. Many of them spend their offseasons traveling and studying teams at the NFL level
Definition of a “crying shame”. When a yut fan knows more about football than a UofL “fan”.

Nice work McLovin!

Reactions: gocds
There is no "Petrino offensive philosophy" except maintain a huge offensive playbook and run the plays that your personnel can execute most effectively.

Petrino ran an option offense in college, and his father pioneered in that area. All of our Petrino throwback guys are living in an alternate dimension somewhere...

There is no "Petrino offensive philosophy" except maintain a huge offensive playbook and run the plays that your personnel can execute most effectively.

Petrino ran an option offense in college, and his father pioneered in that area. All of our Petrino throwback guys are living in an alternate dimension somewhere...
Not sure if serious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT