ADVERTISEMENT

Horrible pile of garbage

Not sure if serious.
I'm dead serious. Did he run the same plays when Lefors played as when Brian Brohm played? Kyle Bolin, Reggie Bonnafon, and Lamar?

Have you listened to Petrino speak about his offensive philosophy, or do you just speak for him?
When do we start on a regular basis? :p
Not in game 1, the 3rd quarter of game 2, and the 2nd of game 3. I'm banking on an even earlier start in the next game... :cool:

Reactions: Rollem Cards
We signed our best recruiting class ever last February. Presently we start 1 Senior on Defense and 4 on Offense. We are young. Those disappointed with a 2-1 record now are unrealistic. I asked this question yesterday. Haven’t got an answer from the Chicken Little portion of the fan base screaming that the sky is falling.

Why is it OK for the basketball team to survive and advance but not the football team?
CJ

We signed our best recruiting class ever last February. Presently we start 1 Senior on Defense and 4 on Offense. We are young. Those disappointed with a 2-1 record now are unrealistic. I asked this question yesterday. Haven’t got an answer from the Chicken Little portion of the fan base screaming that the sky is falling.

Why is it OK for the basketball team to survive and advance but not the football team?
CJ

Cardinal Jim this is an excellent post. Thank you.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

CJ

I’ll take a stab at your question:

1) basketball has one and done that disproportionately affects top level programs so there is sometimes a big disparity in experience between top programs and mid-majors. This can help spring some upsets. This factor not really prevalent in football.

2) you only play 5 guys at a time in basketball and usually at most 10 in a game. In contrast football you generally have at least 40 players getting clock. Again these numbers would generally reduce the variability of results when a major program faces a mid-major.

3) football doesn’t have a full end of the year playoff. Essentially the whole season is a dog and pony show. How you look is nearly has important as if you win or not. As fans we have been conditioned to see if we pass the “eye test”.

4) there are less games so the value of each game is higher than an early season basketball game....some of this relates to point 3

5) we are fans and it is natural to project forward. That’s what fans do.

I’ll take a stab at your question:

1) basketball has one and done that disproportionately affects top level programs so there is sometimes a big disparity in experience between top programs and mid-majors. This can help spring some upsets. This factor not really prevalent in football.

2) you only play 5 guys at a time in basketball and usually at most 10 in a game. In contrast football you generally have at least 40 players getting clock. Again these numbers would generally reduce the variability of results when a major program faces a mid-major.

3) football doesn’t have a full end of the year playoff. Essentially the whole season is a dog and pony show. How you look is nearly has important as if you win or not. As fans we have been conditioned to see if we pass the “eye test”.

4) there are less games so the value of each game is higher than an early season basketball game....some of this relates to point 3

5) we are fans and it is natural to project forward. That’s what fans do.
A popular way to measure season-to-season change in basketball is what % of offense you lose to attrition. Basically, the scoring average of your departing players divided by the team scoring. The more you lose, the more uncertain the following year.

I'd like to know when in U of L history the football team has lost a more significant % of its offense than this past year with Lamar's departure. 69% walked out the door with Chris Redman. Lamar was responsible for 74%.

That stat doesn't necessarily mean you'll have problems. The 2000 season under Dave Ragone was fine. But it's a fact that we lost a lot when Lamar left, as we all knew would be the case. How much of a surprise are QB problems in the first few games?...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT