ADVERTISEMENT

Hoping NCAA fast tracks us...

CardVille

2500+
May 29, 2001
since we have an appeal in process. Its probably dead now but we still have to meet with them. Losing recruits like mad and most wont even consider us until they know what we are going to face.

Same goes for HC. Cant even talk to anybody without knowing our fate first.

since we have an appeal in process. Its probably dead now but we still have to meet with them. Losing recruits like mad and most wont even consider us until they know what we are going to face.

Head Coach? I don't think we are going to decide on a new HC at least until after this season plays out. DP is our coach for now.

If anything, they'll slow roll us to make sure we feel the pain fullly. The NCAA can NOT be happy with UofL right now at all in any way. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure they're PO'ed at a bunch of programs right now, and they're more than a little embarrassed/worried that the FBI is on their turf exposing programs of criminal activities.

If I were a betting man, I would bet the NCAA is going to slam dunk UofL.

Reactions: shadow force

We'll know the results of the appeal in January. Regarding what's going on with the FBI, the NCAA has been advised not to do anything until their investigation is complete. Could very well take quite a bit of time before the NCAA acts on the matter.

I suggest going all in for the guys this season. We'll have a postseason, should Padgett guide the men through a successful regular season. Beyond that, only time will tell. Try to enjoy this unique moment in time. Hopefully, about ten years from now, we will all look back and say "remember that time when things were bad, but the fan base rallied, the guys played hard, and it was just a special season?"

The NCAA will not lump an issue they have not officially investigated into one currently on appeal. Louisville will hear the results of its appeal whenever it is finalized, then.if the NCAA wishes to launch a second investigation based on findings of this justice department investigation they will.

Just to point out the NCAA does not have in its charter the authority to punish for criminal behavior (if proven). If that were the case Baylor and Vanderbilt would have no athletic programs based on recent court cases involving student athletes. Their focus in the second investigation (if there is one) would be the allegations of a University and or university booster/ employee paying a player.

The fact is, they may not bring charges in this instance at all, and definitely will not while the FBI has an ongoing investigation.

Reactions: OneEarWonder
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT