ADVERTISEMENT

Hope Your AD Has a Plan B in Mind

Purdue fans are delusional. They actually try to use the rhetoric of west Lafayette being a better place to live. You can’t have a logical conversation with people like that.

Nothing beats a college town and that comes from somebody who was born and raised in Chicago and lived Wheaton, Il., in Sugar Land outside Houston and Forest Hills in Nashville. That’s why about 80% of the current AP Top 25 are schools in college towns.

You’re right except a large college town

Once again you have not done your homework. Gene Keady was courted by and turned down offers from Arizona State and San Francisco among others. Matt Painter turned down the Missouri job five years ago.
Neither Keady
or Painter were born in Louisville, played for Louisville or had parents and siblings that were born in Louisville and played for Louisville or own a home in Louisville or still hang out with best life long friends from Louisville.
Go Cards Beat Purdue!

Leroy Keyes was a stud. Played both ways. I lived in Lafayette from 1961 to 1967 when I was a kid.
He was kind of overshadowed by OJ Simpson, or he might have won the Heisman. Misused by the Eagles and his pro career never really took off.

Nothing beats a college town and that comes from somebody who was born and raised in Chicago and lived Wheaton, Il., in Sugar Land outside Houston and Forest Hills in Nashville. That’s why about 80% of the current AP Top 25 are schools in college towns.
I think that has more to do with those programs having unrivaled support because they lack professional franchises that would otherwise compete with the college programs for the fans' time and disposable income. It's no secret that Jurich and Pitino actively worked to block Louisville from getting an NBA franchise. They wanted UL to be the only show in town for selfish yet understandable reasons. It would've been awesome if a pro team had come to Louisville. It would've fast tracked the growth of this city in a huge way

I think that has more to do with those programs having unrivaled support because they lack professional franchises that would otherwise compete with the college programs for the fans' time and disposable income. It's no secret that Jurich and Pitino actively worked to block Louisville from getting an NBA franchise. They wanted UL to be the only show in town for selfish yet understandable reasons. It would've been awesome if a pro team had come to Louisville. It would've fast tracked the growth of this city in a huge way

Well I disagree with the blanket comment “it would’ve fast tracked the growth of this city in a huge way”. It certainly hasn’t added any great growth to either Oklahoma City or Memphis or, in fact, New Orleans. I credit the NFL franchise for the growth in Charlotte and Indy. The NBA does not add that much to most of the cities they reside in. I truly believe that the damage UofL athletics would suffer while attempting to compete with an NBA franchise would be debilitating to UofL athletics. Of course, you being a uahkay/cayut fan would actually hope for that scenario. I say send the NBA to Lessington’s corrupt arena and see how the big blow fanbase likes that. Oh wait, you already have a professional, full paid, team at corrupt arena. You just haven’t been caught . . . . . Yet.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Jurich didn’t block anything he just out maneuvered a bunch of UK grads that thought they were smarter. Louisville isn’t getting an NBA team unless they plan on starting about 5 more clubs, which isn’t happening.

Well I disagree with the blanket comment “it would’ve fast tracked the growth of this city in a huge way”. It certainly hasn’t added any great growth to either Oklahoma City or Memphis or, in fact, New Orleans. I credit the NFL franchise for the growth in Charlotte and Indy. The NBA does not add that much to most of the cities they reside in. I truly believe that the damage UofL athletics would suffer while attempting to compete with an NBA franchise would be debilitating to UofL athletics. Of course, you being a uahkay/cayut fan would actually hope for that scenario. I say send the NBA to Lessington’s corrupt arena and see how the big blow fanbase likes that. Oh wait, you already have a professional, full paid, team at corrupt arena. You just haven’t been caught . . . . . Yet.

Louisville has more room for growth than the cities you mentioned IMO. Louisville is misrepresented as a larger city than it truly is because of the merger. There are quite a few cities with more substantial metropolitan areas than Louisville that appear smaller if you look strictly at the population. If Louisville proved that it could support an NBA franchise then there’s little doubt that national interest in opening business in dountown Louisville would increase.

If Louisville proved that it could support an NBA franchise then there’s little doubt that national interest in opening business in dountown Louisville would increase.
Absolute B.S.

Stop inventing this unproven crap. Adding the phrase “there is little doubt” doesn’t make it true.

BTW, Downtown growth in Memphis began before the Grizzlies came to town.

Louisville has more room for growth than the cities you mentioned IMO. Louisville is misrepresented as a larger city than it truly is because of the merger. There are quite a few cities with more substantial metropolitan areas than Louisville that appear smaller if you look strictly at the population. If Louisville proved that it could support an NBA franchise then there’s little doubt that national interest in opening business in dountown Louisville would increase.

This is just your opinion. The YUM has generated a lot of growth in downtown especially along the Main Street corridor. The NBA wouldn’t increase much, if any, more than has already occurred. Believe me, the NBA will have to grow by at least five and that isn’t happening any time soon. And why not in Lexington - size? If you want a professional franchise here then push for the MLS or NFL or MLB.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
Absolute B.S.

Stop inventing this unproven crap. Adding the phrase “there is little doubt” doesn’t make it true.

BTW, Downtown growth in Memphis began before the Grizzlies came to town.

All of this guys post are tripe.
He's just a scaredy cayut who wants UofL to have 3 or 4 straight losing seasons.

We fans and players refused this.
There are some uofk fans who recognize that Brohm is the real deal. Some wish they could hire him and dump stoopy.

If Fickell or Campbell or Babers was the number one target, he'd still post that same stupid mantra of " i dont know why he would come to Louisville, its a lateral move crap."

This is just your opinion. The YUM has generated a lot of growth in downtown especially along the Main Street corridor. The NBA wouldn’t increase much, if any, more than has already occurred. Believe me, the NBA will have to grow by at least five and that isn’t happening any time soon. And why not in Lexington - size? If you want a professional franchise here then push for the MLS or NFL or MLB.

SuCkS fans only became interested in the NBA when crapiperi showed up.

They want a franchise here with crapiperi as the coach and the majority of players from SuCkS. Once crapiperi slinks away after getting caught cheating, theyll hate the NBA again.

SuCkS fans only became interested in the NBA when crapiperi showed up.

They want a franchise here with crapiperi as the coach and the majority of players from SuCkS. Once crapiperi slinks away after getting caught cheating, theyll hate the NBA again.

Great Post!!!

Louisville can’t fully support a Top Golf much less an NBA team.

The only thing keeping Louisville from growing and expanding is Frankfort...and it doesn’t matter who is in charge (D or R). There is just a natural hatred of the city from the vast rural areas. I know it, you know it, we all know it..

As somebody who knows better then most, it has had enormous impact on Nashville. They got an NFL franchise and they set the stage for a dynamic downtown growth period.

As somebody who knows better then most, it has had enormous impact on Nashville. They got an NFL franchise and they set the stage for a dynamic downtown growth period.

I lived in Nashville for 17 years. The Preds and the Titans certainly did add to the dynamic growth of Nashville but they aren’t the only reason. Nashville was taking off anyway and the NHL and NFL latched on for the ride. Nashville is also the state capital of Tennessee, makes things a lot different than Louisville. The state of Tennessee hates Memphis, not Nashville.

I lived in Nashville for 17 years. The Preds and the Titans certainly did add to the dynamic growth of Nashville but they aren’t the only reason. Nashville was taking off anyway and the NHL and NFL latched on for the ride. Nashville is also the state capital of Tennessee, makes things a lot different than Louisville. The state of Tennessee hates Memphis, not Nashville.

The big difference is that Tennessee embraces Nashville. The hillbillies in KY are afraid of Louisville. They want the taxes generated in Louisville and that’s it.

Im in the minority, but i do believe the NBA could work here. It did before with UofL and ABA team. Id love to have a NFL and NBA team here. However thats a basketball topic.
Lets not derail the fact that Plan A, B, and C is Brohm.

The question is does Purdue have a plan b.
Just like with Bear Bryant, 'Mommas callin.

Jeff Brohm will be the next Head Coach at the University of Louisville.

Reactions: Cue Card and td75
A Purdue fan on their board blasted me for my failure to acknowledge their 1969 final four.

Or 1980. If you come over to our board to tak trash and proactively bring up Final Fours on your own, be prepared to get called out for your lack of knowledge.

Im in the minority, but i do believe the NBA could work here. It did before with UofL and ABA team. Id love to have a NFL and NBA team here. However thats a basketball topic.
Lets not derail the fact that Plan A, B, and C is Brohm.

The question is does Purdue have a plan b.
Just like with Bear Bryant, 'Mommas callin.

Jeff Brohm will be the next Head Coach at the University of Louisville.
I'm with you, get Brohm in here ASAP and yes, I think a NBA team would be neat.

Louisville is a wonderful city in many ways, professional sports is not one of them. The notion of pro sports killing the college sporting scene is unproven and unfounded, IMO.

Let's be real, Purdue is at a level of Kentucky in football and a bit below Illinois in basketball. Someone on here did a side by side comparison of UK/PU football, and they are nearly identical historically speaking. Since 1970, Purdue has averaged 5.5 wins per season in football....think about that for a few minutes, that's going back nearly 50 years....

Basketball wise, they are more competent. They've actually been successful in conference, winning their share of titles since 1970. Where they have stumbled and I would certainly argue it greatly diminishes any of their regular season accomplishments, is their poor showings in the NCAA tournaments. They've certainly made their share of them, but wow, what a lousy showing they typically exhibit.

Purdue is a decent athletic department, they're certainly not what Louisville, Indiana, MSU, Michigan or Kentucky people would ever consider a championship department, though. That has always been their knock, going back decades and decades.

My grandfather told me 30 plus years ago and I quote regarding basketball, "Purdue is a pain in the ass in the Big Ten, but they fold in the tournament". That came from a WW2 vet that couldn't care less about Purdue, he was calling a spade a spade.

Purdue isn’t nearly identical to UK.

http://www.winsipedia.com/purdue/vs/kentucky

Oh and for you claiming IU should be better than Purdue in football, I give you this:

http://www.winsipedia.com/purdue/vs/indiana

So when are you guys going to start yapping at Kansas, they just took your next football coach...

If you don’t think he is staying in WL after his BTN interview, you are in denial.

What???!! You didn’t know that?? Led by Purdue’s version of Damon Bailey, Roy Mount?? He’s a legend! <dripping sarcasm> :D
Rick Mount. He would be a legend if they’d had the three point shot in those days. Bob Ford was a good player too.

The only reason to visit WL is the XXX restaurant, a fabulous old fashioned diner with great burgers and shakes.

Luke Fickell, that's my plan B. But i would be curious who else is on our ADs short list.

Luke Fickell, that's my plan B. But i would be curious who else is on our ADs short list.
Still hearing Charlie Strong is very high on a short list. This is coming from a high donor that has always had reliable info. With Les Miles probably going to Kansas, that takes another possible candidate off the board.

Still hearing Charlie Strong is very high on a short list. This is coming from a high donor that has always had reliable info. With Les Miles probably going to Kansas, that takes another possible candidate off the board.
Nobody knows where anyone is on the list except for Tyra. I promise you there's no chance in hell we would bring Strong back. And Miles was never a candidate.

Who’s third on that “donor’s” list - Steve Kragthorpe?

Buddy - you’re not fooling anyone here. Head back to the yut board.

Strong is just cannon fodder for the press who dont know anything about what happened here. In Short, he had an affair with a boosters wife and thats part of why he wanted to get the hell out of Dodge. I doubt he would want to come back here [or his wife].

I like Myles, I think he could have done well here.

Plan A is going to happen. Patience is a virtue.

I’m not being impatient. I just wonder there might be better options. He’s not a home run hire. Take away his ties to Louisville, I’m not sure he’s on the radar.

Reactions: Law007
I’m not being impatient. I just wonder there might be better options. He’s not a home run hire. Take away his ties to Louisville, I’m not sure he’s on the radar.
There are zero sure fire home run hires that are out there. What makes Brohm the closest is the belief in his loyalty to the program and the longevity it will create. UofL’s program will never take the next step when it’s playing musical chairs with its HC position every four years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT