ADVERTISEMENT

Holiday Bowl

No. They were really good the next year.

But that doesn't really matter, because that's not the team we beat. We beat the team with a final 7-5 record. And that really has nothing to do with the opt out situation that is prevalent now, so it doesn't matter either really.

It's not UofL's fault USC key players are opting out, but they are. So that diminishes the game. No reason to argue something that is pretty obvious. Many bowls are diminished because in part due to opt outs, and ours is one of them.
So why do our fans boast that we beat Bama in a Bowl game? Isn't that all that matters. If you're going to diminish our win against Bama, might as well say Schnellenberger did nothing but win a game we were supposed to. Funny thing Bama with their 7-4 record were actual favorites in that game, which is why we do boast about the win.

Reactions: vivid_red
Just another name you can blame for things. Lots of value for you in that.
Josh is ultimately responsible for anything in athletics. He didn't have much to do with hiring Payne IMO. He for damn sure is on the clock for how this mess is cleaned up.

Ask next time if you need clarification...

So why do our fans boast that we beat Bama in a Bowl game? Isn't that all that matters. If you're going to diminish our win against Bama, might as well say Schnellenberger did nothing but win a game we were supposed to. Funny thing Bama with their 7-4 record were actual favorites in that game, which is why we do boast about the win.
It’s a different game and scenario now! When UofL beat Bama in the Fiesta Bowl that was UofL first bowl game since the late seventies, and there were 18 bowl games compared to the 43 now. Big difference

Reactions: Rollem Cards
No inside info here, but I suspect that Wade, Junior and those who were responsible for the hiring of KP are experiencing “buyers remorse”. I like and respect the aforementioned and their families very much, and I am not “calling them, and those who enlisted their support of Kenny out”, as I am not sure I recall anyone within the UL Administration who were actively engaged in addressing the vacancy in a constructive manner at the time.

Kenny has demonstrated beyond any reasonable doubt, that he is not capable of being a D1 College Head Coach, and I believe there are serious efforts to get Kenny to resign.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT