ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Mike McCammon

How many drug arrests have we had within the program during 2.0?
Not really a measure of anything since police don't concentrate so much on those anymore. However it is not a good sign when the guy you were expecting to be a team leader, your quarterback, is pulled over and cited for possession with residue in the car indicating he partook while driving around.

Reactions: wilkie01
Not really a measure of anything since police don't concentrate so much on those anymore. However it is not a good sign when the guy you were expecting to be a team leader, your quarterback, is pulled over and cited for possession with residue in the car indicating he partook while driving around.
Pretty sure LJ was the team leader in February, 2017 but, nice try.

Pretty sure LJ was the team leader in February, 2017 but, nice try.
Apparently English is not your first language. The term was "expected" meaning in the future like when Lamar was gone. I think most fans, maybe you're not one, understood Pass was the quarterback in waiting at that point and of course the expectations were high. Dude if you are going to respond to my posts, at least put a little more effort into it instead of wasting my time with this type of bull crap.

Apparently English is not your first language. The term was "expected" meaning in the future like when Lamar was gone. I think most fans, maybe you're not one, understood Pass was the quarterback in waiting at that point and of course the expectations were high. Dude if you are going to respond to my posts, at least put a little more effort into it instead of wasting my time with this type of bull crap.

Lol - how ironic that in your attempt to criticize me for failing to accurately respond to your post - you’re incapable of even quoting yourself correctly. Expected is past tense - meaning one thought it would have already occurred, while expecting connotes future tense - meaning something might occur down the road. I might agree with you had Pass been cited for possession in February if this year but, that’s not what happened.

And as far as I can recall - no one ever anointed Pass as the QB in waiting and I’m pretty sure Petrino continued to sign other kids at that spot.

Really?

You think struggling at home as a 21 point favorite that went to their 3rd string QB a win ?

THAT WAS GARBAGE.

I have no dog in the fight I just love to talk sports.

But, when Coach Strong would barely beat terrible teams you'd be the first one on here saying "A win is a win."

A little consistency Kerry!

When Charlie barely beat GOOD teams it’s because he took his foot off the gas. He normally wasn’t playing from behind in a game we were favored to win.

Last night we were darn lucky to get out of there with the win. And had it not been for a blocked punt I’m not sure we win.

That’s a horrible WKU team playing with their third string QB and they looked better than us for about 80% of the game. We looked like the underdogs.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
When Charlie barely beat GOOD teams .

Charlie had nail biters against BAD teams too. These were all games that the Cards were lucky to win.

2012 beat S. Miss by 4 they went 0-11
2012 beat USF by 2 they went 3-9.
2012 beat FIU by 7 they went 3-9.
2013 beat Houston by 7, they went 7-5 in a pretty bad league.
2013 beat Memphis by 7 they went 3-9.

These outcomes frustrated fans and was part of the reason we heard all the bring back Bobby talk.

More uninformed speculation on your part - lol.

The major issue with the Bobby haters is that, well, they are Bobby haters and were from the get go. This is the opportunity they are looking for which would be any problem they can pounce on. The minor issue is that MM is a uahkay troll and he doesn’t want ANY success here at UofL.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: zipp
The major issue with the Bobby haters is that, well, they are Bobby haters and were from the get go. This is the opportunity they are looking for which would be any problem they can pounce on. The minor issue is that MM is a uahkay troll and he doesn’t want ANY success here at UofL.

aa7c1f2bafd05f0c714805fb7046a0d5.gif

Charlie had nail biters against BAD teams too. These were all games that the Cards were lucky to win.

2012 beat S. Miss by 4 they went 0-11
2012 beat USF by 2 they went 3-9.
2012 beat FIU by 7 they went 3-9.
2013 beat Houston by 7, they went 7-5 in a pretty bad league.
2013 beat Memphis by 7 they went 3-9.

These outcomes frustrated fans and was part of the reason we heard all the bring back Bobby talk.

Different situations and different coaches. Strong focused on defense and ball control. We all complained because a lot of games were closer than they should have been. Petrino is supposed to be Mr Offense. Regardless after he got his players in here Strong did not have games like we just had against Indiana State and Western. This is year 5 of Petrino. He is supposed to have the program rolling. Unfortunately its rolling into the ditch.

Different situations and different coaches. Strong focused on defense and ball control. We all complained because a lot of games were closer than they should have been. Petrino is supposed to be Mr Offense. Regardless after he got his players in here Strong did not have games like we just had against Indiana State and Western. This is year 5 of Petrino. He is supposed to have the program rolling. Unfortunately its rolling into the ditch.

In year 3 Strong lost to syracuse and uconn, so dont act like he lost games he should have won with 2 full classes of players. Year 4 Mr. Defense gave up a 28-7 2nd half lead at home to UCF. Quit acting like Strong didn’t have us all pulling our hair out at times.

Reactions: gocds
In year 3 Strong lost to syracuse and uconn, so dont act like he lost games he should have won with 2 full classes of players. Year 4 Mr. Defense gave up a 28-7 2nd half lead at home to UCF. Quit acting like Strong didn’t have us all pulling our hair out at times.

Dont go there with blown leads
At Miami. At WV. both under Petrino.

And alot you guys bashed Strong, mercilessly. Alot of you wish for Petrino back. Well you got him and they barely beat a WKU team on its 3rd QB

Strong isnt the Coach. Petrino is.
It's his pile of garbage were watching.

Reactions: wilkie01
Dont go there with blown leads
At Miami. At WV. both under Petrino.

And alot you guys bashed Strong, mercilessly. Alot of you wish for Petrino back. Well you got him and they barely beat a WKU team on its 3rd QB

Strong isnt the Coach. Petrino is.
It's his pile of garbage were watching.

I wasnt the one who brought up Strong. I liked him, but when he left i wasnt that upset.
I was happy to see Bobby return, although he has been a shell of his former self to this point he isnt Kraggs bad like some people on here say. I still fo believe he will get us back to where we once were, which is a team that competes for conf titles every year. He has done that to some extent. We still have a chance to turn it around.

Reactions: Bird--man

Not sure what you are implying but I admit I celebrated when Strong left and Petrino came back. Someone implying I am a Petrino hater is clueless. One reason I am cutting him no slack at this point is because I am extremely disappointed. Instead of improving what Strong left, he has largely destroyed it.

Reactions: EKYCard643
I wasnt the one who brought up Strong. I liked him, but when he left i wasnt that upset.
I was happy to see Bobby return, although he has been a shell of his former self to this point he isnt Kraggs bad like some people on here say. I still fo believe he will get us back to where we once were, which is a team that competes for conf titles every year. He has done that to some extent. We still have a chance to turn it around.

I've never compared him to Kragdud.
Kragdud was horrific and set the program back.

UofL needed a 10 yr coach to get them on the level of challenging for conference titles.

Johnelle 5 yrs
44-9 4 yrs
Strong 4 yrs.

Had 44-9 or Strong stayed 10 yrs the Cards could be at s "reload" stage instead of rebuilding every 2 yrs.

I dont care about history or recruiting disadvantages. The Cards are in the ACC.
The goal is to win the Atlantic not be satisfied with 8 or 9 wins. Especially if those wins are only over underdogs.

It's up to Petrino to turn it around.
Otherwise, he has to go.

I've never compared him to Kragdud.
Kragdud was horrific and set the program back.

UofL needed a 10 yr coach to get them on the level of challenging for conference titles.

Johnelle 5 yrs
44-9 4 yrs
Strong 4 yrs.

Had 44-9 or Strong stayed 10 yrs the Cards could be at s "reload" stage instead of rebuilding every 2 yrs.

I dont care about history or recruiting disadvantages. The Cards are in the ACC.
The goal is to win the Atlantic not be satisfied with 8 or 9 wins. Especially if those wins are only over underdogs.

It's up to Petrino to turn it around.
Otherwise, he has to go.

honestly i just quoted you to say i didnt bring up strong.

as far as kraggs, i didnt mean to imply you were the one comparing petrino and kraggs, that was directed at the people on the board who have compared them.

Which exemplifies the saying "be careful what you wish for as you may get it"

NOTHING has played out the way we thought it would. Even a season with NC talk ended with a second tier bowl.

Yes, there have been some great memories. The win at ND. Kicking the ever loving' chit out of FSU come to mind.

But overall, there has been more arguing, fighting, and second guessing amount fans, than special memories.

For 4.3 years, and not looking to get better soon. But here's hoping.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
Pointing out the reality of Petrino's sub par coaching and his taking the program down from what he inherited is not hate. It is simply telling the truth.
The "truth" constitutes facts that support the argument about Petrino's "sub par coaching".

There is no "reality" without that except in your mind--which I couldn't care less about...

Pointing out the reality of Petrino's sub par coaching and his taking the program down from what he inherited is not hate. It is simply telling the truth.

We're not playing in the AAC anymore, or even the Big East. The ACC is a much better league. Petrino has done a fine job. We're struggling now trying to find the identity of this young team with a new qb, a young def, and new defensive coordinator.

Plus you havent just been a critic of his coaching, youve been comparing him to Kragthorpe, if that doesnt constitute hating on petrino then i dont know what does.

This is actually a potentially fascinating season. With all this youth, we are pretty much guaranteed to improve weekly. I think there is an awful lot of anguish which we cannot get over. Must be tough.

The "truth" constitutes facts that support the argument about Petrino's "sub par coaching".

There is no "reality" without that except in your mind--which I couldn't care less about...

ZIPP, you are a good poster, but I agree with Mike this time.

UL is now ranked 124th in total offense.

With a CBP team, unbelievable. Tyra will have a huge decision to make if it goes the way I suspect it will. It will be a financial issue, a big one. The fan base will be unglued and rightfully so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT