ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Mike McCammon

I have no dog in the fight I just love to talk sports.

But, when Coach Strong would barely beat terrible teams you'd be the first one on here saying "A win is a win."

A little consistency Kerry!

Coach Strong was a new coach.
Petrino has 14 yrs experience.

A win is a win, but YOU KNOW.............

Reactions: wilkie01
Really?

You think struggling at home as a 21 point favorite that went to their 3rd string QB a win ?

A C-USA team. The remaining 8 teams on the schedule are licking their chops.

THAT WAS GARBAGE.

I dont "think" it was a win, it's a fact that it was one. Something you and McCammon have problems with...facts.

Granted that it was ugly, and we have a loooong way to go, but it was progress. Vangorder, who u said sucks, held them to 3 points in the second half...progress.

Reactions: gocds
Coach Strong was a new coach.
Petrino has 14 yrs experience.

A win is a win, but YOU KNOW.............

Rough times right now LOL

I mean it's possible you were correct with the "win is a win" back then and you're correct that this one just isn't the same.

I dunno. There's a lot to take in after this one LOL

I dont "think" it was a win, it's a fact that it was one. Something you and McCammon have problems with...facts.

Granted that it was ugly, and we have a loooong way to go, but it was progress. Vangorder, who u said sucks, held them to 3 points in the second half...progress.

88 total passing yds was progress, huh...........
WRONG.

Troll thread. Amazing how you clowns attack someone who has been right on target from day one about where Petrino has the program. Good thing we weren't playing Maine I guess.

The defense may not be good but they did play hard tonight. Made a couple plays.
The defense is why we were in position to win. They brought it the second half and kept us within striking distance. It's a win no matter the 'eye test'. We'll have to play a lot better next weekend to win at UVA.

88 total passing yds was progress, huh...........
WRONG.

Well, we ended the game with a different qb than we started with...IN OUR THIRD GAME. Our backup averaged 8.8 yards a completion and had 120yards rushing. We were down 14-3 at the end of the half and our defense stepped up in the second half, progress huh...yup

Well, we ended the game with a different qb than we started with...IN OUR THIRD GAME. Our backup averaged 8.8 yards a completion and had 120yards rushing. We were down 14-3 at the end of the half and our defense stepped up in the second half, progress huh...yup

All that goes without saying.

THEY WERE PLAYING A C-USA TEAM WHO LOST TO MAINE, A 1-AA SCHOOL AT HOME.

WAKE

UP !

All that goes without saying.

THEY WERE PLAYING A C-USA TEAM WHO LOST TO MAINE, A 1-AA SCHOOL AT HOME.

WAKE

UP !

Wake up? All I can do as a fan is cheer for my team, same as ive been doing for the past 36 years. There’s literraly nothing else you nor i can do.

Wake up? All I can do as a fan is cheer for my team, same as ive been doing for the past 36 years. There’s literraly nothing else you nor i can do.

Im cheering for them also.
Check the thread. Even though they were down 14-0, i said the Cards would come back and win.
Thought it would be 30-17, not a missed FG from a possible OT loss.

Petrino is stealing money with this subpar coaching.
How cannot you guys not see this ?

He has 8 games to turn it around.
A must win at Virginia.
Im cheering, however Petrino will be critiqued.

Reactions: LouisvilleMan1975
Actually the next 3 games are still winnable IF the offense can figure things out AND if the run defense improves A LOT.

One game at a time. Next up is Virginia. Go CARDS!!!

Reactions: gocds and Deeva
Im cheering for them also.
Check the thread. Even though they were down 14-0, i said the Cards would come back and win.
Thought it would be 30-17, not a missed FG from a possible OT loss.

Petrino is stealing money with this subpar coaching.
How cannot you guys not see this ?

He has 8 games to turn it around.
A must win at Virginia.
Im cheering, however Petrino will be critiqued.

I dont blame you for being a critic, just sayin give him the rest of the year at least. If we have 88 yards passing per game from here on out then i’ll personally pay for the Uhaul.

Reactions: earsky
A win is a win. I'm happy as you can imagine that we won. I expected it to be tough, but there seems to be a crapload of mediocrity in the air with this group. I'm curious to see if the staff can get it turned around.

In a little over one game of total playing time (69 minutes), Malik is outscoring the opposition 44-3.

IMO that 'splains it. Keep in mind, this is a freshman QB not unlike Lamar in 2015...

The bottom line WKU pushed both lines around most of the game. That is not going to be something that is easily fixed. At this point the offense is bad and defense is giving up a ton of yards. I just don't see a physical/fast team plus coaching at this point is suspect.

I really don't know if they will win another game. I don't think Louisville has a advantage with any team coaching wise anyone.

Same arguments we heard during Kragthorpe. Just be a good cheerleader and support Krags. Too much public criticism damages recruiting. Yada yada yada.

Would it be great to see the team have a sudden massive turnaround and win 8 or 9 games? Sure but that is not going to happen. Did you any significant difference in the talent between us and WKU? I sure didn't. That means we suck really bad and will continue to do so and that means either we are recruiting duds or the coaching is so bad players don't develop.

I see Petrino now as a grandfather babysitting his grand kids who in his mind do no wrong. First thing I would do with this team is weekly drug testing. Watching these guys run bad patterns and drop simple passes and appear lethargic much of the time indicates there is a major focus issue and I believe I know the source of it. It all flows back to Petrino 2.0 having no discipline which led to the team having no discipline. Many of these guys are having 24/7 party time with the weed while the program rots. That is obvious.

I have no idea if they are partying 24/7 and I hope you know that to be a fact before putting it there. I won't disagree that there is a major issue between the coaching staff and players. Whatever is happening on the practice field, meeting rooms, and off the field isn't translating to a good team.

I am really interested to see what happened since the Houston game. Since that game something is not right.

Same arguments we heard during Kragthorpe. Just be a good cheerleader and support Krags. Too much public criticism damages recruiting. Yada yada yada.

Would it be great to see the team have a sudden massive turnaround and win 8 or 9 games? Sure but that is not going to happen. Did you any significant difference in the talent between us and WKU? I sure didn't. That means we suck really bad and will continue to do so and that means either we are recruiting duds or the coaching is so bad players don't develop.

I see Petrino now as a grandfather babysitting his grand kids who in his mind do no wrong. First thing I would do with this team is weekly drug testing. Watching these guys run bad patterns and drop simple passes and appear lethargic much of the time indicates there is a major focus issue and I believe I know the source of it. It all flows back to Petrino 2.0 having no discipline which led to the team having no discipline. Many of these guys are having 24/7 party time with the weed while the program rots. That is obvious.
Lol - the program’s decline under kragthorpe was in large part to his zero tolerance policy with players regarding weed - that’s been well chronicled. Petrino 1.0 didn’t care about that then, he understood that it is a generational thing - and that most of the kids came from backgrounds where pot use was common place. He cared about the results on the field and silly shit like whether they occasionally smoked pot, and the players respected him for that.

There’s no question that there are several issues that he needs to address, and reasons why his tenure this time around has not been as successful but, to suggest that it has anything to do with pot - further shows how effing clueless you are.

Reactions: STLNBSE and earsky

Do you realize how ridiculous it sounds to compare Petrino to Kragthorpe? I mean i know u dont because you do it ad nauseum, but let me tell you, you and the few others making this comparison are showing how little you know about sports. Iguess you, and people like you, forget how bad it was around here with Kraggs. He went to zero bowls, went 15-21, his best year was 6-6 with no bowl games. The booing was constant, and the stadium was half empty even vs west virginia in year 3.

Petrino has not been that bad, he’s what 78-28 at uofl. And u compare him to kraggs. Haaaa. You are delusional. We’re young. Im not advocating being a cheerleader, albeit if you’re a fan then i really dont understand why u wouldnt be. No one is happy with the way things are going so far, but we’re getting better, looks like Malik is gonna take the reigns, and the defense stepped it up in the second half.

Lol - the program’s decline under kragthorpe was in large part to his zero tolerance policy with players regarding weed - that’s been well chronicled. Petrino 1.0 didn’t care about that then, he understood that it is a generational thing - and that most of the kids came from backgrounds where pot use was common place. He cared about the results on the field and silly shit like whether they occasionally smoked pot, and the players respected him for that.

There’s no question that there are several issues that he needs to address, and reasons why his tenure this time around has not been as successful but, to suggest that it has anything to do with pot - further shows how effing clueless you are.
The obvious difference is Petrino would might look the other way but the players did not get a pass if they could not perform. If you played like a stoner then you ran steps until you puked and you didn't play. What we have now is a bunch of party boys who like to shoot off their mouth. These guys would not have lasted 30 seconds under 1.0. They are not dedicated to winning football and neither is their coach.

The obvious difference is Petrino would might look the other way but the players did not get a pass if they could not perform. If you played like a stoner then you ran steps until you puked and you didn't play. What we have now is a bunch of party boys who like to shoot off their mouth. These guys would not have lasted 30 seconds under 1.0. They are not dedicated to winning football and neither is their coach.
You know for a fact the team is full of stoners or are you assuming because of their play? Just want to clarify your statement is this actually going on or is this is your opinion?

program’s decline under kragthorpe was in large part to his zero tolerance policy with players regarding weed - that’s been well chronicled. Petrino 1.0 didn’t care about that then, he understood that it is a generational thing - and that most of the kids came from backgrounds where pot use was common place. He cared about the results on the field and silly shit like whether they occasionally smoked pot, and the players respected him for that.

Interesting take ghost. I think there are some guys not giving Max effort. Whatever is the reason, it has to be addressed.

Again you type like you have inside information about what goes on behind the scenes and in practice. I’ll plagiarize Zipp’s question - “are you a bird or a drone?” - lol.

Reactions: zipp
You know for a fact the team is full of stoners or are you assuming because of their play? Just want to clarify your statement is this actually going on or is this is your opinion?
I would bet money on it based on both how the team is performing, things I have heard, and the over all demeanor and lack of discipline we are seeing. These players need leadership and STRUCTURE. Discipline and structure were the stock in trade of 1.0 and that is totally lacking now. If Mike Summers could speak freely, he would tell you in detail the differences between 1.0 and 2.0. And those are major but anyone watching the games can see that.

First thing I would do with this team is weekly drug testing.
Maybe he should have the players sign a pledge to commit themselves to excellence, by not indulging in anything that would hurt the team.

Like they did in Dazed and Confused...

Just kidding, had to throw that one in there.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
Maybe he should have the players sign a pledge to commit themselves to excellence, by not indulging in anything that would hurt the team.

Like they did in Dazed and Confused...

Just kidding, had to throw that one in there.
Nope. What they really need is structure and accountability.

I would bet money on it based on both how the team is performing, things I have heard, and the over all demeanor and lack of discipline we are seeing. These players need leadership and STRUCTURE. Discipline and structure were the stock in trade of 1.0 and that is totally lacking now. If Mike Summers could speak freely, he would tell you in detail the differences between 1.0 and 2.0. And those are major but anyone watching the games can see that.
One “difference” he wouldn’t mention would be that of weed smoking now vs then because it would be negligible. In fact, I’d bet that if anything - 1.0’s teams smoked more pot than 2.0’s. Waaaay more scrutiny on UofL’s teams these days than then.

One “difference” he wouldn’t mention would be that of weed smoking now vs then because it would be negligible. In fact, I’d bet that if anything - 1.0’s teams smoked more pot than 2.0’s. Waaaay more scrutiny on UofL’s teams these days than then.
Now who is speculating? Also it is one thing to smoke a little on occasion but quite another to do so continually and let it be the priority of your life. Now you can claim that isn't the case here but you can't dispute the obvious lack of focus. There is a reason for it.

Fair enough, I agree the lack discipline is easy to see and that falls on the staff. Team discipline is cultural thing so if true that is a major-major problem. This is 5 years of building that kind of culture. I think it shows with the wildly inconsistent play over the past 2 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT