ADVERTISEMENT

Head Coaching Candidates

The only way for a program to grow is there always has to be a genuine feeling of hope. The UK game removed any hope for many people. I get it.

Recruiting brings hope every year when it is good. When you don’t have dudes you aren’t going to out scheme teams. They have to invest big time into recruiting. I would go steal Cooper back from Georgia.

The 2nd thing I do is find a veteran DC like a Muschamp/Strong hire them as a consultant to help Brown. Build a former player group that help Brown. Too many good defensive players that could help him with his schemes. He is young he should be open to suggestions.

If Satterfield stays they have to figure out the defense without getting rid of everyone and starting all over.

Local recruiting and mean tweets from Slapd*cks will stop. Fans will be happy. So basically the same resume with a fresh Louisville coat of paint? If you think Satt is limited and such, fine. Get rid of him. But if we want to pay $7million, and yes Brohm is getting $6.8 at Purdue, for "just doing better than Satt". Get me a coach that's going to be the real deal if we're spending that money. Not Satterfield's resume with a Louisville degree.

Local recruiting isn't winning games in the ACC. Charlie Strong went to Florida and was recruiting against Joker Phillips, he didn't have any competition.

I mean here are the local kids we "missed" in the last 3 cycles.
Stephen Herron-Stanford, not playing much
Milton Wright-Purdue, about as good as our others
Jared Casey-Transfer portal
JJ Weaver-Kentucky, we did need him
Knight Goff-out of football
Tae Crumes-not even playing at all
John Young- Kentucky, I think he was sUcKs all the way
Iz Cummings- Kentucky, we could use him
JAck Dingle- Cincy

Vinny Anthony is going to Wisconsin. We're getting Selah Brown. That's it for this class.

That's the Louisville kids the last 3 classes. Wan'dale was from Frankfort. Brohm hasn't gotten a big recruit from Kentucky other than Wright, but nothing in-state.

If Brohm comes, I'll be excited for next year the same as I view it now, because we have a lot of returning talent from a 6-6 team that lost a lot of close games. But it doesn't make me think we'll be some recruiting monster heading for the national title game.
You forgot about Rondale Moore from Trinity.

I come in peace and realize my opinion means little as a UK fan, so I'll keep it short. You lack depth and that takes time to build. We saw similar things around this stage in Stoops' tenure. Close losses, not putting games away, playing down to competition. Your coach is at a critical juncture. He didn't take advantage of a down ACC this year. Next year returns a lot of starters, and I see Cunningham is returning. He has an opportunity to start growing the depth. Not an overnight process, but the transfer portal is a new animal if a staff can capitalize along with solid recruiting. Not to mention, a coaching change will cost a crap ton for any program in this year's carousel with all the big openings. Peace.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT