ADVERTISEMENT

Ha ha, The Slappies Made It!!

I bet 10,000 of those posts are bumps or just random chatter. I saw someone posting about getting moonshine out of a fridge.

I can imagine a similar topic would go over just as well here if things were reversed. I think most Kentucky fans are obsessed with the game not UL in particular.
You're as out of touch with your own fanbase as you are somewhere else besides your own message boards. You really oughta reconnect and stay connected with them.

"Elite program," my a$$...

I can imagine a similar topic would go over just as well here if things were reversed. I think most Kentucky fans are obsessed with the game not UL in particular.

The thread the OP refers to has nothing to do with a "game" at all. And there is no other topic, games included, that garners remotely that much attention on RRs.

Last edited:
You're as out of touch with your own fanbase as you are somewhere else besides your own message boards. You really oughta reconnect and stay connected with them.

I think he's right. I saw a story the other day where UK fans spammed an online poll so hard that the website/owner of the poll vowed not to do another poll all year. Big blue nation are widely known for being the most basketball obsessed fans in the nation. This rivalry just happens to be a big driving force behind it. But if you took Louisville out of the picture all together, Kentucky would still be obsessed with basketball

I think he's right. I saw a story the other day where UK fans spammed an online poll so hard that the website/owner of the poll vowed not to do another poll all year. Big blue nation are widely known for being the most basketball obsessed fans in the nation. This rivalry just happens to be a big driving force behind it. But if you took Louisville out of the picture all together, Kentucky would still be obsessed with basketball
Speaking of "somewhere else"...

But I'll play along... Find me another slappy thread with a million posts about another school.

But I'll play along... Find me another slappy thread with a million posts about another school.

You won't find it. As far as a rivalry thread goes, that was pretty much the golden goose from day one. I'm actually surprised it took this long to get to a million.

Reactions: Deeva

The thread the OP refers to has nothing to do with a "game" at all. And there is no other topic, games included, that garners remotely that much attention on RRs.

RR is the most active rivals site by a very wide margin. There are posters there that are obsessed with Louisville. There are some obsessed with Duke. Some obsessed with North Carolina. Some posters go there and float about being banned from rival teams site and poke at the ones of us that actually come here looking for conversation away from the homer fans.

There are threads on the paddock on cats illustrated twice as long as the Louisville tread on RR. And like a previous poster said a lot of those are probably meaningless bumps

There are other huge threads about things not even closely associated with Kentucky basketball. People over there are obsessed with college basketball and that site in particular

There are other huge threads about things not even closely associated with Kentucky basketball. People over there are obsessed with college basketball and that site in particular
You said slappies are not obsessed with "U of L in particular."

I asked find me a similar thread on another school.

I DIDN'T ask about other slapd!ck lunacy.

Kentucky fans are no more obsessed with Louisville than vice versa
That obviously wasn't the question you're dodging, but fine... Point out that U of L thread with a million posts.

That obviously wasn't the question you're dodging, but fine... Point out that U of L thread with a million posts.

There is no doubt that some of our fan base is obsessed with Louisville just like some of yours is obsessed with Kentucky. We also have many fans obsessed with Duke, UNC, Kansas, Indiana. There is a 30 page thread titled "bump when Indiana sucks". The UNC fraud situation thread has also logged quite a few pages

There is no doubt that some of our fan base is obsessed with Louisville just like some of yours is obsessed with Kentucky. We also have many fans obsessed with Duke, UNC, Kansas, Indiana. There is a 30 page thread titled "bump when Indiana sucks". The UNC fraud situation thread has also logged quite a few pages

FOUR HUNDRED AND NINETY THREE pages. 493!!! Almost 20,000 posts on ONE topic...Louisville. C'mon man...there is nothing that comes remotely close to that level of "attention". And it's been a source of great pride for the posters in the thread to reach that level. There are probably a full 500 gleeful "bumps" to keep it on the first page. THAT is a level of obsession unmatched, by any fan base, anywhere. Now, you can either embrace it, condemn it, or ignore it, but you can not realistically compare it to anything or anyone else. It's there for all to see.

FOUR HUNDRED AND NINETY THREE pages. 493!!! Almost 20,000 posts on ONE topic...Louisville. C'mon man...there is nothing that comes remotely close to that level of "attention". And it's been a source of great pride for the posters in the thread to reach that level. There are probably a full 500 gleeful "bumps" to keep it on the first page. THAT is a level of obsession unmatched, by any fan base, anywhere. Now, you can either embrace it, condemn it, or ignore it, but you can not realistically compare it to anything or anyone else. It's there for all to see.
i imagine if there were a site as active as RR you would see more threads that back. I would guess the biggest threads in all of rivals data base are all on Cats illustrates and the Louisville thread is probably third or fourth on that list.

It's a lot of views and a lot of posts for one topic BUT it's a hot topic in the college basketball world and it's being discussed on the most active site

You said slappies are not obsessed with "U of L in particular."

I asked find me a similar thread on another school.

I DIDN'T ask about other slapd!ck lunacy.

I already told you there were no other threads as big about any other school. Did you not believe me? You're free to look for yourself.

They can't outright admit it in public because that would tarnish The Brand. But it is what it is... 20K/1M speaks for itself.

Reactions: Mayoman
The unprecedented nature of the situation multiplied the interest as represented in said thread. Otherwise, no thread gets that massive even on a crazy uk board.

I agree; that level of obsession is unprecedented from any fanbase on any board.
It's been proven time and time again that Kentucky basketball fans are some of the most obsessed out there. Mix that with the current situation and you get a million view thread.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Their so called "obsession" is totally based in fear. Fear of our continued success. And ThroughBlue simply feeds into those channels. Too bad.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Their so called "obsession" is totally based in fear. Fear of our continued success. And ThroughBlue simply feeds into those channels. Too bad.

Come on, guy. That's just a terrible take. North Carolina has 6 titles and are within reach of the all time wins. I would say they are cause for more fear of continued success if you're going to try to make that argument, which I wouldn't buy from any angle.

Personally I feel that lone thread just shows the lack of a meaningful life so many UofK fans suffer from. I mean seriously now; most people understand that sports is THE main escape mechanism from every day stresses of life and nothing more. That thread seems to be proof that UofK fans in general just don't seem to have much of a life to stress over since they stay on the escape side of reality.

JMO

The "visitors" in this thread have done nothing but support the OP's premise.

It is very important for them to "set the record straight" with UofL fans in this thread, and all the other haha laughing at anything UK that goes on around here.

You won't find many, or any UofL fans going to their board trying to set the record straight. UofL fans don't have the insecurity issues that they have.

Keep fighting the good fight boys.

Come on, guy. That's just a terrible take. North Carolina has 6 titles and are within reach of the all time wins. I would say they are cause for more fear of continued success if you're going to try to make that argument, which I wouldn't buy from any angle.

Your post continue to show your insecurity as a uahkay cayut fan.

The "visitors" in this thread have done nothing but support the OP's premise.

It is very important for them to "set the record straight" with UofL fans in this thread, and all the other haha laughing at anything UK that goes on around here.

You won't find many, or any UofL fans going to their board trying to set the record straight. UofL fans don't have the insecurity issues that they have.

Keep fighting the good fight boys.
You won't find any UL posters on rafters because they will get banned. Before that they will get ripped to shreds just for being there.

I think the mods on this board are way too sensitive and they shelter the conversation too much. But I do appreciate that they allow UK fans to post. I think discussing opposing views with rival fans is more interesting than high fiving like minded fans on your home board.

You won't find any UL posters on rafters because they will get banned. Before that they will get ripped to shreds just for being there.

I think the mods on this board are way too sensitive and they shelter the conversation too much. But I do appreciate that they allow UK fans to post. I think discussing opposing views with rival fans is more interesting than high fiving like minded fans on your home board.
I miss the smack board but I still
Enjoy the conversation on this board with all you guys. Smart basketball minds with the exception of a few. The thing about RR is we at least 10x the amount of bad takes due to the activity

You won't find any UL posters on rafters because they will get banned. .

Are you a mod? Do you have the #'s that support the claim?

I'm not banned. I'm willing to bet not every other UofL fan that posts here is banned either. There's just no desire to post there, period.

I think the mods on this board are way too sensitive and they shelter the conversation too much.

The only mod that actually works here is far too lenient because he enjoys the traffic, despite the fact that 90% of the UK visitors add nothing to this board. They participate in UK threads only, and bring the same tired broken record point of views in every thread. UofL fans shouldn't be subjected to it here.

But it's a free board and a tool used to entice fans to go to the pay board, where undoubtedly real moderation exists.

Get what you pay for.

Reactions: Cue Card
The only mod that actually works here is far too lenient because he enjoys the traffic, despite the fact that 90% of the UK visitors add nothing to this board. They participate in UK threads only, and bring the same tired broken record point of views in every thread. UofL fans shouldn't be subjected to it here.

But it's a free board and a tool used to entice fans to go to the pay board, where undoubtedly real moderation exists.

Get what you pay for.

As I have explained to you in the past, your opinion on this matter simply does not represent the majority of opinions here in regards to visitors posting on this board. That topic has been previously discussed at length on here and the majority of opinions expressed DID prefer the inclusion of visitors to the board. Again, you are welcome to refer to those past threads and polls to verify that opinion. I do agree that the premium board is probably a place where you will not encounter visitors, if that is your goal. However, I'm don't have a premium account and cannot verify that.

I do want to make one thing clear, It has never been suggested to me by anyone associated with Rivals whatsoever to "entice" any poster to "go to the pay board". As a matter of fact, I have never been contacted in any manner by anyone associated with Rivals at all in regards to moderation of the board, except when Howie said, "you now have Moderator tools". That has been the totality of my contact with anyone associated with Rivals.

Their so called "obsession" is totally based in fear. Fear of our continued success. And ThroughBlue simply feeds into those channels. Too bad...
LPT simpleton. That's not the only basis for "fear" although it makes sense a slappy would couch it in basketball history.

I'd argue that the biggest slapd!ck fear is losing your home turf. It's hopelessly lost in Jefferson County where U of L fans outnumber slappies 3-to-1. And about 25% of the State's zipcodes by population have more U of L fans than slapd!cks.

Those numbers were far, far lower three decades ago. And the trend from an LPT standpoint ain't good.

LPT simpleton. That's not the only basis for "fear" although it makes sense a slappy would couch it in basketball history.

I'd argue that the biggest slapd!ck fear is losing your home turf. It's hopelessly lost in Jefferson County where U of L fans outnumber slappies 3-to-1. And about 25% of the State's zipcodes by population have more U of L fans than slapd!cks.

Those numbers were far, far lower three decades ago. And the trend from an LPT standpoint ain't good.

Your numbers are way off. Wayyyy off

As I have explained to you in the past, your opinion on this matter

Yeah dude I can see this is a touchy subject for you.

I think visitors are welcome, trolls aren't. Company line UK fans aren't really either - they add nothing to the board. It's just my opinion man don't get offended if you love going back and forth with them good for you. I realize a few others enjoy it also. The clowns that keep coming around saying the same thing over and over are a tired act. We know what they are going to say before they click "post reply" - but if you love them in a pet puppy kind of way super.

This board operates as an advertising vehicle to get users to consider the pay account. That's not really some kind of secret, nor is it an accusation against you or any other mod. It's how the board is set up by the powers that be.

I really look forward to True Blue and KY Jeff's next posts defending Cal, or other UK fans, or whatever UK it is. We know you do too guy. Oh boy!!!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT