ADVERTISEMENT

Groundhog Day Comes Early

I do not see any where in my post about bragging about the SEC and our place in it.

How you figure UK is entitled, I ask to what ?

To me teams that are entitled are Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Clemson etc. teams that are in the running for the national championship or have won it in the past.

Every program has dedication, desire and determination and a fan base that wants success.

The fact is, the best team is not based on last years season, last weeks game or future games. It's what team beats the team their playing on that day. Even if the so called best team gets beat then the team that beat them was the best team that say.

What in holy hell are you blabbering about?

The advantages UK has had over UL in football until now we're so lopsided it was like playing a game of 21 where you spot the other guy 15 points. They point out the UL schedule but fail to mention that UL had players that were considered lower tier recruits while UK should of had SEC level players and facilities . just because they pissed away the advantages of being in the SEC is nobody's fault but thier own.

I do not see any where in my post about bragging about the SEC and our place in it.

How you figure UK is entitled, I ask to what ?

To me teams that are entitled are Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Clemson etc. teams that are in the running for the national championship or have won it in the past.

Every program has dedication, desire and determination and a fan base that wants success.

The fact is, the best team is not based on last years season, last weeks game or future games. It's what team beats the team their playing on that day. Even if the so called best team gets beat then the team that beat them was the best team that say.

Where did I say you bragged about being in the SEC...I Didn't...But the UK Fan Base as a WHOLE, CHANTS...SEC...SEC...SEC...EVERY CHANCE it can...And thats a FACT!!!

Your fan base thinks its ENTITLED to EVERYTHING because its the State Land Grant School, and because you belong to the SEC...You PISS and MOAN about playing Louisville and Western Kentucky...Saying ALL it does is HELP UofL and WKU...Does NOTHING for UK...Thats ARROGANCE and a ELITEST ENTITLED ATTITUDE...To Utter words saying your fan base dosen't is a FLAT OUT LIE!!!

NO...NOT EVERY Team, Fan Base or School has D-D-D...Thats why UK has SUCKED for the MOST part since Bear Bryant saw the writing on the wall and left for Texas A&M...He went some place that was HUNGRY for Football...And WINNING Football at that!!!

Louisville Football has had SEVERAL Successful Football Coaches that took football SERIOUS...Frank Camp, Lee Corso, Howard Schnellenberger, John L. Smith, Bobby Petrino x2...Corso, Smith and Petrino left for what they thought were better jobs!!!

Corso to BIG-10 (Indiana) vs. Missouri Valley (Louisville)...Conference was an upgrade...Team...NOT!!!

Smith to BIG-10 (Michigan State), vs. CUSA (Louisville)...Conference was an upgrade...Team...NOT...After all...A Howard Coached Louisville Team KICKED Sparty's @$$ in a Bowl Game just a few years prior!!!

Petrino to NFL (EVERY Coaches DREAM), vs. Big East (Louisville)...Can't argue with the NFL...I dont care who you are!!!

Howard left for Oklahoma because he didn''t want to join a conference...He wanted to stay independent and BUILD Louisville like he BUILT Miami...To this day he REGRETS Leaving Louisville...Just like Jhon L., and Bobby P. DID!!!

Both schools have been used by previous coaches to GET an UPGRADE in Employeement, and both schools have had BAD Coaching HIRES...Those are the FACTS!!!

Louisville...While Seriously Considering Shuttering it's program at one time...Has MOVED UP in its ENTIRE Exsistance...While UK has for the MOST Part REMAINED STAGNANT...Again...FACTS!!!

UK uses Football Earned Monies to INCREASE Basketball WORSHIPING for its Fan Base...And to support Non Olympic Sports...Like I said...You spend more money on Big Blue Madness than you do on your Yearly Football Recruiting Budget...AGAIN...Another FACT!!!

Louisville is NOT ONLY the BETTER Team...It's the BETTER PROGRAM...Has been since Howard Schnellenberger told the Fans that Louisville was on a "Colission Course to the National Championship...The ONLY Variable is Time"!!!

Louisville's had THREE BCS Bowl Wins in the last 25 years...UK hasn't SNIFFED a BCS Level Bowl since Bear Bryant was a Cub...FACT!!!

:cool:

Reactions: KerryRhodes
You guys have had a lot of success the last few years and are to be commended. Yet like the poster above says over the long haul neither program has been stellar UL 487-465. UK. 587-589. And I would say most years UK has played in a much HARDER Conference. You had Kragthorpe and we had Joker. Even our bad coaches matched up. You have Petrino a much more seasoned coach and we have Stoops who is learning the ropes. Enjoy the wins,but I do believe they will be coming to an end and the series will become a real rivalry soon.

Harder Conference...What about ALL the Benefits you WASTED while being a part of the Send Em Cash since the 30's...Besides...If you're NOT Alabama, Georgia or Tennessee in Football or UK in Basketball...The REST of the Teams in the SEC only have about 15-20 years of success in either sport...If that!!!

Believe in one hand and $#IT in the other...You've got ANOTHER Florida/Tennessee MISMATCH in BOTH of your hands!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayoman
If that was the original comparison I was responding to it would be different but I was responding to a poster who commented on the past fifty years. In sports it's really about who is the best team on the day two teams play. But, historically you have to utilize the numbers that have accumulated and that's where I based my opinion.
Partially true. And I appreciate the tone.

UK fans are all over the pathetic statistical record we have against Marshall. Based on that history - we haven't beaten them since 1980 - playing in Huntington next season would seem an absolute no brainer of an automatic loss. But I would wager big bucks you yourself don't believe UofL will go in there and lose, even if the game is sandwiched between FSU and Clemson in a traditional Trap Game scenario.

"Historically", UK and UofL are tied in the overall series if we include games from the vat of history UK fans use to bolster their egos. But we all know better. The actual record in the modern series is 14-8 in favor of the Cards, no ifs ands or buts. Inasmuch as UK still has work to do to improve - and they seem to be recruiting much better - next year doesn't look much better for the Cats. Then you get to Jackson's junior year, lol, following that.

"Historically", UK would be .500 against UofL and obviously ready to retake the advantage, lol, it being a "toss-up" and all. Or you guys being "due". It could happen, no doubt. But spotting you 21 this past year with our young team, then ruining your bowl hopes with that 38 point rally speaks reams to modern momentum.

Reactions: Mayoman
Partially true. And I appreciate the tone.

UK fans are all over the pathetic statistical record we have against Marshall. Based on that history - we haven't beaten them since 1980 - playing in Huntington next season would seem an absolute no brainer of an automatic loss. But I would wager big bucks you yourself don't believe UofL will go in there and lose, even if the game is sandwiched between FSU and Clemson in a traditional Trap Game scenario.

"Historically", UK and UofL are tied in the overall series if we include games from the vat of history UK fans use to bolster their egos. But we all know better. The actual record in the modern series is 14-8 in favor of the Cards, no ifs ands or buts. Inasmuch as UK still has work to do to improve - and they seem to be recruiting much better - next year doesn't look much better for the Cats. Then you get to Jackson's junior year, lol, following that.

"Historically", UK would be .500 against UofL and obviously ready to retake the advantage, lol, it being a "toss-up" and all. Or you guys being "due". It could happen, no doubt. But spotting you 21 this past year with our young team, then ruining your bowl hopes with that 38 point rally speaks reams to modern momentum.

Even the Marshall/Kentucky fan on Wildcat Lair admitted The Herd will be the Vegas Underdog when Louisville travels to Huntington.

As for Kentucky...their best hope for a victory against Louisville looking at it today isn't until 2017 and Lamar Jackson will be a Junior...and another thing they should take heed...Louisville is likely to be returning 7 Starters on Defense in 2017 and 7 Starters on Offense including 4 OL & Jackson.

You guys mention this years win but fail to remember how LUCKY we were the year before. If memory serves me right we were a dropped in his bread basket interception from LUCKILY beating you on your home field. And you had a better team 2 years ago. So maybe we are getting closer than some of you want to admit.

You guys mention this years win but fail to remember how LUCKY we were the year before. If memory serves me right we were a dropped in his bread basket interception from LUCKILY beating you on your home field. And you had a better team 2 years ago. So maybe we are getting closer than some of you want to admit.

Delusional twisted thinking like this is why bbn makes it hard for serious CFB fans to listen to you. Referring to that play as the reason that uk lost is irrational and stupid.

Hell CRP was within the 5 yard line not trying to score when the horn sounded to end the game. 4 points is not indicative of the 11 point victory that the Cardinals enjoyed that day. Did you conveniently overlook that little factoid?

You obviously have the memory of a nat that does not serve you or anyone else very well.

Try again.

Delusional twisted thinking like this is why bbn makes it hard for serious CFB fans to listen to you. Referring to that play as the reason that uk lost is irrational and stupid.

Hell CRP was within the 5 yard line not trying to score when the horn sounded to end the game. 4 points is not indicative of the 11 point victory that the Cardinals enjoyed that day. Did you conveniently overlook that little factoid?

You obviously have the memory of a nat that does not serve you or anyone else very well.

Try again.

The IDIOT also seems to forget we SPOTTED them 27 points on 5 TURNOVERS in the FIRST HALF last season, and DROPPED a Pick Six of our own on their last scoring drive...Looking at the games OBJECTIVELY is LOST on Can-SUC-Me Fans!!!

You got so close that you blew a 21 point lead -AT HOME !!!

That has to sting sooooooooooo much that UofL kept Scat from
getting a bowl, not once, but TWICE !!!!!

Next season just come in at 4-7, so you blewbies dont get your hopes up
after the Cards spot you double digit leads..............

This weird twisting of factual reality is dangerous and ego-starved. And yet it seems to have the force of truth and God to your message board. Like an assumption that water is wet, it's what you use to tell yourselves you didn't crap the bed, or that you were not as good as us. Since you all senselessly play along, it becomes true like a miracle of equivalency.

LOL . The Cats went from losing by 4 to losing by 17 and they are closing the gap. By your logic they aren't far from ending the 30 year streak to Florida.

I AGREE IF YOU TALK IT YOU GOT TO WALK IT seems like there was a lot of crawling over in Lexington the last 3-4 years.

Bottom line SucK has had a big advantage playing in the mighty SEC. While we've been independent, CUSA, Big East along with the limited money coming in. Only for the last two years have we been on somewhat even ground. Look what we've accomplished since '85. Now imagine what will do with what we get and where we are now. Conversely look at what SuCk has had in the SEC and what they've accomplished..,no comparison. The point is SuCk didn't take FB serious until they saw the success we had and then it was the same old SuCk were the flagship university were the best in everything...wrong. Their a joke outside of their fan base for more reasons than I care to state.

Bradshaw was a bad joke. He ruined a lot of good football players.

You don't know what you are talking about. That man is a hero to BBN. Charlie Bradshaw had to purge the team of homosexuals that had overran our football team. Then he took the 30 straight guys left and competed. The roster started out at nearly 90 players so that means he started with a team that was 2/3rd homosexuals. I can't imagine if there has ever been as epic of rebuilding job as Bradshaw faced.

Granted you guys have had our number the past five seasons. But overall the programs are not that much different.

Louisville has had 23 losing records over the past 50 years. UL 27-23. UK. 17-33

UL 10-9-1 in bowls UK 8-7

Over all series between the two teams 14-14

UL 487-465. UK. 587-589. All time. I really don't think either one of us has anything to brag about outside of who plays the best on the day we play each other and right now we're even.

You guys have had a lot of success the last few years and are to be commended. Yet like the poster above says over the long haul neither program has been stellar UL 487-465. UK. 587-589. And I would say most years UK has played in a much HARDER Conference. You had Kragthorpe and we had Joker. Even our bad coaches matched up. You have Petrino a much more seasoned coach and we have Stoops who is learning the ropes. Enjoy the wins,but I do believe they will be coming to an end and the series will become a real rivalry soon.

I'll call both of you out as FAKE UK FANS!
You and your red friend just got busted by Homer..that is NOT the official all time record of the University of Kentucky Football Team!! Lying trolls are the worst kind.

Reactions: LockdownCard
I'll call both of you out as FAKE UK FANS!
You and your red friend just got busted by Homer..that is NOT the official all time record of the University of Kentucky Football Team!! Lying trolls are the worst kind.

I was quoting the records from the previous quotes. So I looked it up. UK 583 wins and 579 losses. UL 495 wins and 450 losses. Yea as of late you guys can be commended for having good seasons and beating UK. But the over all records aren't that far apart. Nothing FAKE here for I am a UK season ticket holder.

Outside of Bear Bryant, and a few years with Charlie Bradshaw, Nick Scorich and Papa Brooks...UK has WASTED it!!!

Wrong AM.

Bradshaw sucked and started the modern slide. He was 25-41 and 11-25 $EC, and created the infamous "Thin 30". He fancied himself another Bear, but with a lot less ability.

Blanton Collier, who followed Bear, was 41-36 and 21-34, and they FIRED him. He's the last uk FB coach to leave with a winning record.

Who's Nick Scorich?

Wrong AM.

Bradshaw sucked and started the modern slide. He was 25-41 and 11-25 $EC, and created the infamous "Thin 30". He fancied himself another Bear, but with a lot less ability.

Blanton Collier, who followed Bear, was 41-36 and 21-34, and they FIRED him. He's the last uk FB coach to leave with a winning record.

Who's Nick Scorich?

Bradshaw didn't suck...UK did...UNLIKE "The Junction City Boys", at A&M for the Bear, the remaining UK Players..."The Thin 30", didn't LEARN ANYTHING from the Boot Camp Charlie put them through!!!

I meant Blanton Collier...NOT Nick Scorich...Both Coached Cleveland.

By God, The Thin Thirty sure learned not to go to parties at Jim Barnett's house, especially if Rock Hudson was gonna be there!
The total ignorance of our football program of these alleged uk fans coming on here is unbelievable. They are either trolls or rupptards.
Charlie should have a statue built for him for running all those nannies off our team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT