ADVERTISEMENT

Grissom profile in CJ

I'm having a hard time believing that something as obvious as this hasn't caused a major uproar in our city. I mean you have the governor come in and replace the board with handpicked people so that they can fire Jurich and Pitino? Connect the dots and let's see if our governor, Grissom, Postel, and pizza man are working together on this or is it just a coincidence, hmm? Why would the governor overstep his boundaries and want the athletic director of a school fired? It doesn't make sense unless it's affecting them in some way or another does it? So they know that most on the old board are friends of Jurich and the board has to approve the firing of the AD so that's where Bevin the governor steps in and replaces the board with his handpicked people and knowing some of them want to see Jurich gone so now all they have to do is look for something to connect both Jurich and Pitino to and fire them. Well they caught a break when an assistant coach got caught in the FBI scandal so they just fired both Jurich and Pitino saying both are guilty without ever looking into it bc all they need is probable cause to fire them. Now I told my wife when I first heard of the scandal that if Pitino did it then yes we do need to fire him but as I looked into it that's not the case as you can now see. The only thing that Pitino is guilty of is trusting assistant coaches to much, so yes as much as I hate it I can see where they can fire Pitino without much being said. But when you fire the best AD in the country for the same thing on the same day then it's probably going to be looked into. These crooks have to be removed from the University and prosecuted for what they have done. I can't see how anyone could sit back and let this happen let alone a fan as you claim yet you defend them. Their days are numbered so you better look for a new gig.

Lol your question about money and who took it doesn't deserve a answer when your crooks keep trying to find something to pin on Jurich and Pitino bc they know they are going down and still didn't have a good reason for firing them. Please tell me your benefiting from this somehow bc there's no way you can be defending something so badly thought out it blows my mind that the whole city isn't protesting and rioting.You have your work cut out for you and in the end your crooks will lose!

Senore I don't know who took the money but you don't fire an AD that's done what Jurich has done for the University and for our city on an assumption now do you?

Good question, Time to tell us who did it. Then we won't have mystery on the issue,

Did Ramsey steal money? Did Jurich? Be specific. I;m prepared to know the truth...Jesus, I have been asking for it for months.

I think what these pirates did to the program including all the loyal fans is criminal but unfortunately there is no statute to apply.

So you are saying that Jurich was fired bc he stole money? What's he going to be fired for next walking on Bevins lawn? It's a joke but one I have a hard time laughing at!

So you are saying that Jurich was fired bc he stole money? What's he going to be fired for next walking on Bevins lawn? It's a joke but one I have a hard time laughing at!
I think "misappropriated" would be the term Mike means, which suggests that the destination of money under his control went somewhere it should not have - or else was sent somewhere "furtively" and outside the transparency we all are supposed to want. I personally believe people resented his fluid handling of contracts with Pitino at the rates existing. Even if Rick was paid precisely what was advertised in the msot puvlic possible way. They seem to resent the sources of that money, apparently not the amounts.

I think "misappropriated" would be the term Mike means, which suggests that the destination of money under his control went somewhere it should not have - or else was sent somewhere "furtively" and outside the transparency we all are supposed to want. I personally believe people resented his fluid handling of contracts with Pitino at the rates existing. Even if Rick was paid precisely what was advertised in the msot puvlic possible way. They seem to resent the sources of that money, apparently not the amounts.

Just my thoughts on Pitino and compensation. He was originally hired to win and run a clean program. However as time went on his compensation became geared to the huge increases in revenue that we experienced making us the most profitable program in the country. Based on wins and losses alone he never deserved what he was getting paid. Somewhere in all that, a lot of accountability for things taking place within the program disappeared. In my opinion that is largely how we wound up with the mess we are now in. Too much money, within a renegade system that had no accountability that was created by people who thought they deserved more than what they were getting. It just got out of control and had to be shut down but apparently it took two major scandals and the demolition of the program to do it. I wish Jurich had steered clear of it because he deserved to go out in a better way.

Mike very well said I couldn't agree with you more I just wish Jurich would have stayed and retired from here. I really don't like the way Postel and company treated Tom during all of this. He deserves better and the people in charge in my eyes could care less about Jurich or the athletic department, hope I'm wrong.

Mike very well said I couldn't agree with you more I just wish Jurich would have stayed and retired from here. I really don't like the way Postel and company treated Tom during all of this. He deserves better and the people in charge in my eyes could care less about Jurich or the athletic department, hope I'm wrong.
Pitino's team GPA's from the beginning were a source of pride for him and were as direct an impact on the culture here as it was when the ACC went shopping for Maryland's replacement. Pitino did an absolutely endless series of great things. The murder of his name is the murder of what history actually is or means. If one were to list whatall he accomplished here - and the run he was on, which was the peak of his days as coach, sadly enough - people would look at the list and wonder why he was gone. His legacy - like Tom's but maybe less so - is totally epic. Sorry, but that is not even arguable.

Imagine then, the notion that Jurich's legacy is 3 times richer. Yeah, that's what we threw under the frigging bus.

I think this whole thread is hilarious. Why cast aspersions at Jurich, Pitino even the BOT until all the facts come out? Court trials will decide the guilt and innocence. The rush to judgement from both sides cracks me up.

I think this whole thread is hilarious. Why cast aspersions at Jurich, Pitino even the BOT until all the facts come out? Court trials will decide the guilt and innocence. The rush to judgement from both sides cracks me up.
I have questions about Jurich and what happened to him but none about Pitino. What happened in the basketball program involving his people was his complete responsibility. He got a pass over the prostitutes but he had to go after the Bowen incident. I don't say that because I am happy about it but he could not be allowed to go on. A trial is not needed to see that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT