ADVERTISEMENT

Grissom profile in CJ

Quick to pull the plug on those not doing their job. Tom Jurich did a lousy job of not only building the university athletic program as well as the campus. Deserves to be pillored.

Every Louisville fan threw up in their mouths a little bit after seeing the CJ headline. Even coach DP, if he was being totally honest.

Has donated over 20 million to Centre College and $127,000 to Louisville, it sounds like he should be BOT at Centre and not Louisville. I find it hard to believe that he has not given any money to Bevins campaign, that was the first thing I thought. He also sounds like a bully to me even asking a female witness to be silent in a sexual harassment case. My main question is how do we get rid of this idiot and get someone who is pro Louisville to replace him?

The CJ is not a news worthy source 90% of the articles are not researched they are opinion pieces. It doesn't matter if it is about politics, economics, sports or current events they are basically opinions the paper is trying to promote.

Reactions: Cue Card
The CJ is not a news worthy source 90% of the articles are not researched they are opinion pieces. It doesn't matter if it is about politics, economics, sports or current events they are basically opinions the paper is trying to promote.
That’s a pretty specific number you have there. What exactly do you base it on?

I’m not
Obits, comics, NBA standings, that’s about it.
I’m not a fan of the CJ now simply based upon what is used to be and what it should be. At the end of the day, it’s a lazy paper pulling most of its stories from other gannett papers. With that said, outside of the op ed pieces - the news reporting seems straightforward and factual. Do they sensationalize some things? Of course because they’re trying to sell papers but, that doesn’t make it false.

I loved the insight into his humor. Guy should be on Saturday Night live with those clever lines.
Schnatter late for a BOT meeting. Grissom - he must be out selling Pizzas. Whew, how did he ever come up with that?

Reactions: Senore2006 and zipp
I’m not

I’m not a fan of the CJ now simply based upon what is used to be and what it should be. At the end of the day, it’s a lazy paper pulling most of its stories from other gannett papers. With that said, outside of the op ed pieces - the news reporting seems straightforward and factual. Do they sensationalize some things? Of course because they’re trying to sell papers but, that doesn’t make it false.

In the “Fake News” era, some people just think anything that is reported is fake (unless Fox News has the scoop)

House cleaning is under way and long over due.

Academia at UofL who complained about the funds supporting athletics is really going to be happy if those funds dry up. Why? Because athletics worked their a$$es off to get those funds. While the academics were pulled along and built because of the success of athletics. If it was the other way around UofL would have been a prestigious conference long ago. What has always held us back.....wait for it....academics. And it nearly kept us out of the ACC.

So now we need a house cleaning? We’ll you’ve got it. Watch academics flourish. Because we all know how much academia fund raises.

Yep shooting the goose that laid the golden eggs that always works.

What we needed was a new president and a new BB coach. And a few new BOT members. Not what’s taken place.

Ramsey rewarded himself and his assistants enormously while head of the foundation. That did not go to athletics or academics. Papa John donated enormously to athletics and was disgusted with the way the foundation and ULAA was run. Pitino embarrassed himself and the university with the Sypher and Powell fiascos and was a terrible example to young people and his employees and athletes while getting 98% of the addidas money. Jurich did nothing about these messes while being grossly over paid and his daughter gets a job with addidas.

Ramsey rewarded himself and his assistants enormously while head of the foundation. That did not go to athletics or academics. Papa John donated enormously to athletics and was disgusted with the way the foundation and ULAA was run. Pitino embarrassed himself and the university with the Sypher and Powell fiascos and was a terrible example to young people and his employees and athletes while getting 98% of the addidas money. Jurich did nothing about these messes while being grossly over paid and his daughter gets a job with addidas.
I’m sick of your belly aching and bemoaning the past. How about enlightening us to how Grissom and the current BOT plan to keep U of L at the top in both academics and athletics???

So you support my point. Good to know. I said we needed a new president and BB coach. And you’re crazy if you don’t think the money went to athletics. All you have to do is drive around campus to see your statement is complete BS.

Also you can argue all day long that TJ was wrong in accepting his salary (You say he was over paid I don’t), I’m betting you wouldn’t turn down money if offered even if someone thought you were being over paid. Once again the person accepting the salary isn’t doing anything wrong. In the United States you get what you pay for. And we got a steal with TJ. If not for TJ and Ramsey to a point we would still be a commuter school in Conference USA.

Now maybe that’s what you wanted. Or you haven’t been around long enough to understand the monumental growth the University has experienced over the past 25 years. Either way we got our moneys worth.

I have based my opinion on the CJ on the past articles. They write articles that start out with facts and then they turn it into an opinion piece. To give an example they wrote an article that said "5 Readons Why Bobby Petrino Might Leave Louisville". It was strictly an opinion piece and had nothing to do with facts.
They also wrote an article not to long ago about the health care industry and the cost of services and the best place to get X-rays and MRI's. My wife works in the health care industry and laughed how inaccurate the article was. It was obvious they were promoting one health care provider over the others.
Almost every article I read has some facts but mostly opinions dominate the articles.

Reactions: Senore2006
Excellent point CardsFirst!
Academics ARE the mission of any University. However, while Louisville athletics have attained top tier status it was academics that nearly cost us the opportunity to be part of the prestigious ACC. Proper leadership would realize that the two go hand in hand and it was the athletic side of the equation that sparked the ACC’s interest to give Louisville consideration. Proper oversight by a competent and permanent President and Athletic Director will value the contribution of each side. It is yet to determined if the current interim President and AD (and BOT) have the proper grasp of how this all fits together and how Louisville can make giant leaps forward in both arenas if managed properly.

The ship needed to be righted and we have that being done in a correct and professional fashion. For that we are all grateful.

Excellent point CardsFirst!
Academics ARE the mission of any University. However, while Louisville athletics have attained top tier status it was academics that nearly cost us the opportunity to be part of the prestigious ACC. Proper leadership would realize that the two go hand in hand and it was the athletic side of the equation that sparked the ACC’s interest to give Louisville consideration. Proper oversight by a competent and permanent President and Athletic Director will value the contribution of each side. It is yet to determined if the current interim President and AD (and BOT) have the proper grasp of how this all fits together and how Louisville can make giant leaps forward in both arenas if managed properly.
Academically, athletes at UofL are grading much better than for the regular (upgraded) student population. The first thing Jurich did was insist on a bottom line of not just academic compliance, but of excellence. It worked. He made every single coach comply and oversaw their progress.

People still defending Ramsey and attacking the people who had to finally throw him out are like those who attack the rape victim instead of the rapist.

People still defending Ramsey and attacking the people who had to finally throw him out are like those who attack the rape victim instead of the rapist.

Very bad analogy....moral issue versus an ethics issue.....should not be confused.

Money is the root of many evils.....as is sexual lust and power wanderlust. Both are evil and bring out the worst in human beings. No one ends up unscathed.

Very bad analogy....moral issue versus an ethics issue.....should not be confused.

Money is the root of many evils.....as is sexual lust and power wanderlust. Both are evil and bring out the worst in human beings. No one ends up unscathed.

There was plenty of overlap of morals and ethics with what was going on here.

Ethics and morals isn't what pops in my head when you mention Grissom, postel, and Bevin. Please don't tell me Jurich and Pitino stoled money bc I know if a penny was taken they would prosecute them faster

Ethics and morals don't come to mind when talking about Bevin, postel, and Grissom. If Jurich or Pitino took a cent they would have prosecuted them to the fullest. Don't tell me what you think or your pretty sure they did something, tell me what has been proven that TJ and Pitino did. No proof of nothing so make up lies over step boundaries to get rid of 2 gentleman who made the University one of the best institution's in the country. Jealousy and greed is all we have here! The most obvious inside job I've ever seen and I know they will not get away with it.

Replacing the border so that they could get the right people to vote Pitino and Jurich firing causing Andy Beshear to take Bevin to court. They used the FBI investigation to fire them and then changed it to Jurich is a bully etc. Jurich said on the interview that it was a setup and said Bevin called him 20 minutes before he was fired to tell him he was a great AD. He thought it was strange that the governor called to tell him that and realized he knew he was going to be fired before he even knew. So tell me is that fishy or not? So since your defending these crooks trying to destroy the University what has Jurich and Pitino done to be fired, because they have no evidence of either involved in this FBI case? Oh and if you want to get away from the FBI excuse fine since there's no evidence of either involved in that but don't try and use Katina Powell etc bc he wasn't fired then. Tell me some facts and proof of the the garbage your crooks have for all of this?

Oh yeah one more question, you claim to be a big Louisville fan then why are you and your crooked buddies so quick to want us to go on probation with self imposed penalties? So quick to fire our coach and AD before the FBI investigation is over. Call me what you want but I don't think you and the people you defend has Louisville's best interest.

Oh yeah one more question, you claim to be a big Louisville fan then why are you and your crooked buddies so quick to want us to go on probation with self imposed penalties? So quick to fire our coach and AD before the FBI investigation is over. Call me what you want but I don't think you and the people you defend has Louisville's best interest.

Pitino was hired to win games and run a clean program. Considering he has us inches away from a possible death penalty and forcing us to vacate two Final Fours and an NCAA title along with millions in cash related to two separate major violations, I am really having a hard time taking you seriously about why he was fired.

So Pitino was found guilty in the FBI case? No and furthermore the FBI would have arrested Pitino immediately if they had anything on him. I can make a case for parting ways with Pitino but Jurich is almost ludicrous, and I can't take you seriously bc you sound like many around Kentucky with agendas and tunnel vision. Just bc postel said something doesn't make it true and I for one will do everything in my power to make sure that the University that I've loved and followed fo 40yrs doesn't receive anymore punishment bc a group of jealous and money hungry people. So don't waste anymore time trying to convince me that Jurich and Pitino are guilty but still have no proof. As your beloved President and his puppet would say, it's time to drain the swamp.

So Pitino was found guilty in the FBI case? No and furthermore the FBI would have arrested Pitino immediately if they had anything on him. I can make a case for parting ways with Pitino but Jurich is almost ludicrous, and I can't take you seriously bc you sound like many around Kentucky with agendas and tunnel vision. Just bc postel said something doesn't make it true and I for one will do everything in my power to make sure that the University that I've loved and followed fo 40yrs doesn't receive anymore punishment bc a group of jealous and money hungry people. So don't waste anymore time trying to convince me that Jurich and Pitino are guilty but still have no proof. As your beloved President and his puppet would say, it's time to drain the swamp.

So because Pitino was not charged criminally by the FBI, he should still be our coach? LOL

Who took the money?
Good question, Time to tell us who did it. Then we won't have mystery on the issue,

Did Ramsey steal money? Did Jurich? Be specific. I;m prepared to know the truth...Jesus, I have been asking for it for months.

ADVERTISEMENT