ADVERTISEMENT

Grissom and Postel

BPGhost

6000+
Jun 23, 2015
must go for the good of the university. After all, it was those two who should have immediately fired Pitino for his prior misdeeds when they assumed command a year ago. By not doing so, they allowed this culture to continue, placing the university in the position it is in currently.

If they truly loved UofL, they would resign today.

It's certainly unique times when your Interim President is searching for an Interim AD and an Interim Coach.

must go for the good of the university. After all, it was those two who should have immediately fired Pitino for his prior misdeeds when they assumed command a year ago. By not doing so, they allowed this culture to continue, placing the university in the position it is in currently.

If they truly loved UofL, they would resign today.[/

What makes Postel any different than TJ. He is responsible for athletics too. He should resign

Reactions: BPGhost

If they truly loved UofL, they would resign today.
Given this thought, I wonder if Jurich stuck his neck out for Pitino last year, telling them something along the line of not to fire Pitino, and that he would take responsibility for Pitino's actions from here on. I have seen some people in senior management positions do that before. Sadly, for Jurich, they called him on it.

Reactions: jmsgreenejr
Given this thought, I wonder if Jurich stuck his neck out for Pitino last year, telling them something along the line of not to fire Pitino, and that he would take responsibility for Pitino's actions from here on. I have seen some people in senior management positions do that before. Sadly, for Jurich, they called him on it.

According to Terry Meiners, Jurich HAD been asked to fire Pitino more than once in the past (I don't know the extent of "the past"), and had refused. Having said that, the story that the same thing occurred yesterday as well, have been denied.

According to Terry Meiners, Jurich HAD been asked to fire Pitino more than once in the past (I don't know the extent of "the past"), and had refused. Having said that, the story that the same thing occurred yesterday as well, have been denied.
Meiners probably got that info from his buddy matty bangs. Even if true - simply proves my point about Grissom and Postel - if they told Jurich to fire Pitino and he did not, then they should have fired Jurich. Since they did not, as Jurich's bosses - they now own the situation.

Reactions: Cue Card
I am not suggesting that Jurich was asked to do it this time and refused. I am suggesting that Jurich was told, "you did not fire him when we told you to. Had you done so, we would not be here. This mess is now on your shoulders, too."

I am not suggesting that Jurich was asked to do it this time and refused. I am suggesting that Jurich was told, "you did not fire him when we told you to. Had you done so, we would not be here. This mess is now on your shoulders, too."

I think that scenario is highly likely.

Reactions: SoCalFan
I think that scenario is highly likely.
It could very well be. But at the risk of beating the dead horse one more time, by that standard, grissom and postel now own the situation for not firing Jurich for refusing to fire Pitino. If they had “cleaned house” then - none of this would have happened. Because the didn’t, the same “PotteryBarn” rule applies to them.

It could very well be. But at the risk of beating the dead horse one more time, by that standard, grissom and postel now own the situation for not firing Jurich for refusing to fire Pitino. If they had “cleaned house” then - none of this would have happened. Because the didn’t, the same “PotteryBarn” rule applies to them.

They weren't part of the Powell scandal.

My understanding and who is to say what's true, is that they wanted Pitino gone but Jurich stood up for him again. But I also think according to his contract, he couldn't be fired and the university would have to negotiate a $44 million buyout.

That thinking flies in the face of the standard applied in the past two days. The minute they didn’t fire Jurich and Pitino they owned all of it by not acting.

While the Powell stuff was going on, the Board was in flux as was (and is) the President situation. I think most reasonable people would agree that it would've been tough to even decipher who was in charge when those decisions needed to be made. Jurich was here and had established the athletic dept as his fiefdom.

I'll add to this...the ACC with a 3/4ths vote and some other paperwork items can expel UofL from the conference. Regardless of what we think, those on the outside think Jurich is shady as hell. Normally no one would care, but when those others potentially hold your future in their hands then perception matters.

Reactions: American Male
I'll add to this...the ACC with a 3/4ths vote and some other paperwork items can expel UofL from the conference. Regardless of what we think, those on the outside think Jurich is shady as hell. Normally no one would care, but when those others potentially hold your future in their hands then perception matters.
I doubt they’re thinking about UofL much right now. They’re all huddled up wondering when / if this gets to their doorstep. By the time the feds are done - it might just be BC left in the conference.

Also - and I’m not putting UofL on the same level as Penn St prestige wise by a long shot but, if the B1G didn’t kick them out for having a head coach that sheltered a child molesting assistant for decades - I don’t think the acc is kicking Louisville out for paying a kid to play basketball.

Reactions: American Male

Well Miami will be right there too. But UL has added $$$ to the conference and this is only BB so I highly doubt that occurs. But who knows this is strange territory.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT