ADVERTISEMENT

GLARING recruiting need.

Again - lots to agree with. You know however that BP's issues are brought up by opposing coaches in recruiting. They have done better each year with regard to recruiting and personally I'm glad they put more emphasis on the skill positions. And true be told, recruiting skill positions has got to be significantly easier for BP. His offense and overall scheme lend itself to having outstanding skill position players to want to play for him.

That said, I would bet that moving forward there is a greater emphasis placed on OL recruiting.

I'm sure you're correct in that other coaches bring it up. However, as I said, it was about 6 years ago. We live in a selfish, microwave society. Kids will basically say 2 things:

1. Coach messed up when I was in elementary school. I don't remember it. To them, it was literally a time they can't remember.

2. What have you done lately? From the time they can remember, they've seen the Sugar Bowl with Charlie, and now this season and the heisman with Lamar.

The true studs also see NFL. They ask who can get them there. UofL can show how many players they've put in the NFL over the last several years. I don't remember the exact stat, but the only ACC team that has put more players in the NFL over the last X amount of years than UofL is FSU. That sells to recruits.

Bridgewater was a #31 pick, and he's the most celebrated, but Sheldon Rankins was a nose guard that was picked #12 last year. That's the stuff that sells.

Reactions: Red Rager
Further demonstrating what an idiot you are. Find the post to understand why...

Again, a chance to prove yourself and all you have is insults. You prove my point every time you say something. You make it it too easy. I'd feel bad for you, but you just keep walking into it. Grover is waiting for you at Kingfish.

Ignoring the facts won't help you... LINK

It would be "excellent" if he had his facts straight...

To the best of my knowledge, here are the O-line and D-line recruits in our last three classes (2014-2016) who have reported:

O-LINE
Bell, Foy, Dematto, Mahoni, Thomas, Christian, Hunter, Jones, McNeil, Johnson, and Burns
(average RR = 5.55; Foy NR)

D-LINE
Slater, Williams, Tillman, Dorsey, Stallings, Asher, Robinson, Bailey, and Vatuvei
(average RR = 5.47)

These D-line guys are the three down linemen, not incl. the outside LBs. The linemen in these groups are the hardest to recruit nationally as far as landing the best prospects, and that's always been the case. The myth being perpetuated since Thursday is that we are sucking wind on the O-line as far as recruiting, while the quality of our average D-line recruit is no better and maybe a shade "worse".

I don't follow recruiting that closely, so I don't represent myself to be an expert in any way. But I recognize the smell of bull$hit when the wind carries it in...

Google and find out, like you do your recruiting info...

I don't have to google. I'm right or you wouldn't have deflected. I have no problem admitting who I am. My name is Jeff Kratzwald. You can find me on facebook or anywhere else. Apparently you don't want people knowing who you are, but through circumstance, I do know who you are Ken Zipperle. The story of you renting a limo and cruising by kingfish for women was one of the funniest stories I've ever heard.

I don't have to google. I'm right or you wouldn't have deflected. I have no problem admitting who I am. My name is Jeff Kratzwald. You can find me on facebook or anywhere else. Apparently you don't want people knowing who you are, but through circumstance, I do know who you are Ken Zipperle. The story of you renting a limo and cruising by kingfish for women was one of the funniest stories I've ever heard.
Using slappies as your source will bite you in the a$$. Keep telling us more of what you know about "Ken".

And deal with the facts in the post above your last one...

Ignoring the facts won't help you... LINK

It would be "excellent" if he had his facts straight...

To the best of my knowledge, here are the O-line and D-line recruits in our last three classes (2014-2016) who have reported:

O-LINE
Bell, Foy, Dematto, Mahoni, Thomas, Christian, Hunter, Jones, McNeil, Johnson, and Burns
(average RR = 5.55; Foy NR)

D-LINE
Slater, Williams, Tillman, Dorsey, Stallings, Asher, Robinson, Bailey, and Vatuvei
(average RR = 5.47)

These D-line guys are the three down linemen, not incl. the outside LBs. The linemen in these groups are the hardest to recruit nationally as far as landing the best prospects, and that's always been the case. The myth being perpetuated since Thursday is that we are sucking wind on the O-line as far as recruiting, while the quality of our average D-line recruit is no better and maybe a shade "worse".

I don't follow recruiting that closely, so I don't represent myself to be an expert in any way. But I recognize the smell of bull$hit when the wind carries it in...

Just for the sake of argument, lets follow your logic on this one. The OL is rated higher than the D line. The D line has been widely praised by everyone for the formidable presence that they are, to go along with an outstanding LB corps and a very good secondary. At the same time the OLhas progressed from sucks 2 years ago to mediocre at best now. Where do you lay that blame? Grantham an co are obviously doing the best with what they have. If the OL is an even more talented unit, why did Lamar get sacked 11 times a few days ago? Why is the O line constantly questioned?

You just painted yourself into a corner on the coaching argument and apparently don't realize it. Typical or you. So go ahead and deflect, call me a slapd1ck and pat yourself on the back.

You never did answer my question of if you're excited about three 2 stars and two 3 stars being the future of the OL.

I'm sure you're correct in that other coaches bring it up. However, as I said, it was about 6 years ago. We live in a selfish, microwave society. Kids will basically say 2 things:

1. Coach messed up when I was in elementary school. I don't remember it. To them, it was literally a time they can't remember.

2. What have you done lately? From the time they can remember, they've seen the Sugar Bowl with Charlie, and now this season and the heisman with Lamar.

The true studs also see NFL. They ask who can get them there. UofL can show how many players they've put in the NFL over the last several years. I don't remember the exact stat, but the only ACC team that has put more players in the NFL over the last X amount of years than UofL is FSU. That sells to recruits.

Bridgewater was a #31 pick, and he's the most celebrated, but Sheldon Rankins was a nose guard that was picked #12 last year. That's the stuff that sells.
All good stuff. Based upon what you've outlined, it seems odd then why our OL recruiting isn't better. I mean it's not like BP hasn't also put OL into the league too.

All good stuff. Based upon what you've outlined, it seems odd then why our OL recruiting isn't better. I mean it's not like BP hasn't also put OL into the league too.

BP 1.0 did, BP 2.0 is a different coach.

BP 1.0 did, BP 2.0 is a different coach.
True. 1.0 put several (pocket) QBs in the league and it certainly appears that 2.0 will put more (dual) QBs in as well. My hope / belief is that 2.0 will do the same with the OL.

Just like some games when your defense cant stop anyone, you need your offense to
outscore the other team.

The defense contributed to the loss. Admit it.

Sure the defense contributed. But not nearly as much as the offense(or more accurately, lack of). And ultimately it falls on Petrino as the HC. I guess you guys think he needs to be replaced as well?

I outed myself as well. He wants to continually insult and call names while thinking he's hiding in anonymity behind his screen. I can guarantee you he'd never call me a slapd1ck to my face, but thinks it's cool to do it hiding behind a computer. I felt it was time to bust up his little safe place. I don't say anything on here that I wouldn't say to someones face. I have no problem with people knowing who I am because I'm not ashamed of anything I say.

Truth be told, I don't like cyber punks. He's not the first one I've outed. He's actually #3. Zipp is by far the least offensive of the three, but his continual insults and calling anyone that doesn't agree with him slapd1ck finally got me. I've known who he is for years, but kept it to myself until yesterday. I guess he hit his slapd1ck limit with me.

Signed,

Jeff Kratzwald

Reactions: Joe Buck
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT