ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: CARDS vs WF

PHCARD

Apr 6, 2007
Well there are lots of stories on players who are and are not playing today. It is what it is. Go CARDS!

Well...that’s not how they drew up the play. Thought it was a forward pass but not completely sure

Seems clear that Tutu was the only WR on the roster that could stretch the field.

I’ve got a lot on my plate today. It seems to be a good day to not to be in front of TV much.

I don't get this new punting form of running 3-4 steps then kicking. It looks like a soccer goalie clearing the ball. The difference is, a goalie doesn't have six guys in his face trying to block it. Our punts are very short, unless there is a decent roll on one that isn't fielded.

I don't get this new punting form of running 3-4 steps then kicking. It looks like a soccer goalie clearing the ball. The difference is, a goalie doesn't have six guys in his face trying to block it. Our punts are very short, unless there is a decent roll on one that isn't fielded.
Exactly we can’t kick deep so we take a few extra steps to allow our players to get downfield.

And Harwell is the star punter we recruited. He will probably be a great one in time, but he's been slow to develop so far this year.

Reactions: PHCARD
Cards OL with all of the new players was definitely getting destroyed early on (-22 yards rushing in the first quarter!), but they seem to have figured out what works and what doesn't here in quarter #2.

Defense has just gotten better and better all season. We took our lumps on the field during that stretch where we had all of the players out with COVID, but we ended up with a deeper defense because of it.

Reactions: Mayoman
Like the call on the fake FG there, up 15 in windy conditions. Too bad we didn't have a little bit better blocking.

Definitely. Huge drive here for the Cards' offense. Hopefully, the Cards continue to be able to run the ball straight up the middle.

Great answering drive there! Cunningham deserves an award for gutting it out on that drive. And great to see the freshman wide receiver scoring on the end around, being blocked for by a third string freshman TE, and 3 freshman OL in the game.

Reactions: Mayoman and BPGhost
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT