ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread: Cards at BC

PushupMan

25000+
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Struggled a little at the start: Konno trying to do a little too much offensively. Van Lith has figured out her outside shot 2-2 from 3 already in this one, and she’s now made 10 out of her last 12 in the last 3 games.

There's death and taxes, and there's Louisville missing layups.

I have never in all my years of watching basketball, men and women, seen another team miss as many layups, put backs, bunnies, or whatever you want to call them, than this Louisville team.

Reactions: Bardman
Definitely agree that they do miss a lot of layups! In my opinion, especially in the women’s game, it’s being played below the rim, and when there is contact, only exceptional players have the strength to finish through contact.

Another thing this team seems to struggle over and over with is loose balls and long rebounds. BC made three 3 pointers after getting the loose ball.

Reactions: PushupMan
Cards are dominating on the glass (27-18) and only have 4 turnovers, so they’ve limited those problems in this one. But this game is close because both teams are struggling mightily from the field (both shooting in the low 30’s).

Reactions: rh62531
Cards have failed to match BC’s intensity here in the second half. 11-0 run to start the second half, and BC has forged a 5 point lead.

Cards shooting less than 30%, and BC has picked it up to high 30’s. Good defense has kept us from getting blown out.

The full court press helped us some during the last few minutes of the third. Down by 4 to start the 4th. With our poor offense today, I can see us keeping that press on the rest of this game.

Moved to baseball. Cards scored 4 in the 1st inning. Lead Bucknell 4 to 1 after one.

Basketball is just so frustrating this season. Men finally beat a good team but the women struggle with a ACC bottom feeder.

Cards are gutting it out. Everyone struggling with their jump shot, but +15 on the boards.

Reactions: rh62531
R&R! Robinson and Russell really balled out in this one. Cards win 62-52. Liz Dixon was outstanding, 13 points and 12 rebounds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bardman and rh62531
I am on the road traveling so I didn’t watch the game but I did record it I will watch it Tuesday night. The bottom feeders in the ACC have played all the top teams tough. That is what is going to make the ACC tournament interesting.

There must be some "more to the story" with that ND romp over Pitt; as that is totally inconsistent with how this balanced ACC has been playing out all season.

CJW instituted the full court trap at the right time, as it tool BC completely out of the game. At one point we were down by 8 in the third quarter and won by 10. BC was worn out physically by mid way into the 4th quarter.

That late 2nd quarter into the early 3rd quarter BC outscored us 19-2; we went from 9 up, to 8 down in that span and I am sure Jeff will use that as an teaching opportunity to show how patience on offense was missing, and how we let up defensively.

Olivia Cochran is playing herself out of rotation; Dixon, Harris and Russell are more productive.

Good conference win on the road. They aren't pretty when you aren't hitting shots, but always take an ugly win.

We seem to get contributions from different sources each game-yesterday Russell and Liz were big.

There must be some "more to the story" with that ND romp over Pitt; as that is totally inconsistent with how this balanced ACC has been playing out all season.
233, don't forget the U of L-Notre Dame game at South Bend last year. The Cards were over 40 points ahead at one time and won be 20+ points. Romps just happen at times.

That is true Armen, but I have never seen parity in the ACC like this season before. This level of competitiveness is unprecedented as I can recall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT