ADVERTISEMENT

Game Day

24 players from USC is a lot but they have a lot of talent 3 or 4 players deep in every position. We had 12 players out and our roster is not as deep yet.

The most glaring issue is overall talent. I am not sure it is possible to collect enough talent at Louisville to stand up against true blue bloods. They aren’t any different than 95% of the rest of teams in college football.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
The most glaring issue is overall talent. I am not sure it is possible to collect enough talent at Louisville to stand up against true blue bloods. They aren’t any different than 95% of the rest of teams in college football.

The limitations were on full display. They were bigger and faster.

Reactions: Deeva
I guess the ND game doesn't count? Come on now. Cards lost this game due to one position. QB. The team didn't give up and played hard till the end.

The talent is continuing to arrive. This was just year one.

I guess the ND game doesn't count? Come on now. Cards lost this game due to one position. QB. The team didn't give up and played hard till the end.

The talent is continuing to arrive. This was just year one.
Sure it counts but so does the last 3 games especially the last 2. Winning 10 games is a hell of a year.

The gap isn’t huge but there is a gap. I am a realist I don’t know if they can obtain enough to close it enough.

Southern Cal had something very few t eams un these Transfer portal days do: a talented backup at quarterback along with a stable of good receivers. For whatever reason the Louisville secondary seemed overwhelmed most of the night, and things fell apart defensively.
Ten wins is ten wins. Fine season, odd end. Staff will likely concentrate on more depth. Hard to get these days.

The secondary has had issues all season. If you're only gonna rush 4 every time, it's a total mismatch back there(their wide outs against our dbs).
The defensive game plan was flawed and Vegas knew it as the spread took a late nosedive to 4.5
ALL of the late money 💰 went on the Trojans.

This was a really good run defense that played down hill. They just didn’t face any teams that could make them pay until the Virginia game. From that point on teams for the most part had the personnel to exploit their weakness.

You can scheme up different looks and packages but as the season progresses eventually it comes down to your players being better than the opponent. Bottom
line the defense didn’t have the personnel to stop other teams that had legit offenses.

This is a good measuring stick. These guy know football. They know what they need now can they obtain it?

Reactions: KozmasAgain
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT