ADVERTISEMENT

FYI...Lamar Jackson get his 1st QB Start in Baltimore...

U-verse says we get Cowboys-Falsons instead?

The ONE nfl game I want to see and it’s not on?

WTH?

I have NFL Sunday Ticket...one of the reasons is because I get to watch whichever game I want and don’t have to be subjected to the local game.

LJ is 8 for 11 Passing for 78 yards passing and he has rushed for 64 yards. For a Rookie QB a solid start...Baltimore leads 13-7 @ Halftime.

As a Browns fan it’s written somewhere that I have to despise the Bengals. Today it was a joy watching Lamar beat the The Bengals. I hope after seeing Lamar and Gus Edwards combine for over two hundred yards rushing that there is a quarterback controversy in Baltimore.
CJ

It going to be a battle Barring Injury between the 2016 Heisman Winner vs the 2017 Heisman Winner for the next few years in the AFC North...the “Draft Experts” had it wrong...many said Darnold, Rosen and Allen were the Top 3...Uh No....The best two looks like to me are Baker Mayfield in Cleveland and Lamar Jackson in Baltimore....

I am a diehard Bengals fan (yeah I know, save it) and so naturally Lamar's first game was against the Bengals and of course he runs wild on them and of course he leads them to victory. And if that wasn't enough, immediately after the Bengals loss the *&)*&*&*##@ Steelers come back from being down 16-0 and win against Jacksonville.

SOAMFB, I hate sports. Sports are stupid. Those kids in high school who couldn't care less about sports and instead were into Dungeons & Dragons were a lot smarter than I gave them credit for.

I am a diehard Bengals fan (yeah I know, save it) and so naturally Lamar's first game was against the Bengals and of course he runs wild on them and of course he leads them to victory. And if that wasn't enough, immediately after the Bengals loss the *&)*&*&*##@ Steelers come back from being down 16-0 and win against Jacksonville.

SOAMFB, I hate sports. Sports are stupid. Those kids in high school who couldn't care less about sports and instead were into Dungeons & Dragons were a lot smarter than I gave them credit for.
On the other hand....'twas a good day for Lamar and Steeler fans. :)

Reactions: Morgantown Card
ESPN Article on Jackson today...

Lamar Jackson torches Bengals, sets Ravens' QB single-game rushing record

BALTIMORE -- In a span of three days, Lamar Jackson went from a trip to the hospital to rescuing the Baltimore Ravens' season in his first NFL start.

After missing Thursday's practice with a stomach illness, Jackson returned to end a three-game losing streak and provide a jolt of electricity in a desperately needed 24-21 victory over the Cincinnati Bengals at M&T Bank Stadium.

Showing Michael Vick-like explosiveness, Jackson ran for 117 yards and threw for 150 in replacing Joe Flacco, whose 41-game consecutive start streak ended due to a hip injury.

"I thought he played spectacular. I thought he played winning football," coach John Harbaugh said. "The playmaking -- that comes from God. He made use of that, too."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...avens-qb-single-game-record-117-rushing-yards

Reactions: earsky

All I know is this...Lamar Jackson was hand picked by Ozzie Newsome...now Ozzie is already in the College and Pro Football Hall of Fame as a player...but if he had never played a down he would still be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a NFL General Manager. And Newsome gave up future Draft Picks for him.

The Purdue fan used Kap...But didn’t use another “Mobile QB” Cam Newton or if you want to go Old School a QB many compare to Jackson..Randell Cunningham and not to mention Mike Vick-(Who was a Pro Bowl QB) before his legal issues.

Last edited:
It is not a criticism of Jackson. Do you really believe that a quarterback who knowingly runs rather than protects himself is less likely to miss games due to injury than one who doesn’t? It is a very injury prone
position to begin with, but with the exception of Tarkenton not many scramblers had careers marked by longevity. A friend of mine, Bobby Douglas, is a classic example. He set rushing records at quarterback, but was out of the game as 31.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Douglass

At the end of the day, QB's in the NFL have such a wide range in skill level. Take out Brees, Brady, and Rodgers and you have another 5-6 that are good QB's but FAR from those 3. If LJ plays 6-8 years makes the playoffs a few times and dazzles fans with his freakish speed/jukes then who cares. 90% of QB's like Dalton, Carr, Tannehill, etc., are a dime a dozen and generally fizzle out b/c ownership tires of their mediocrity and the search begins for the next big thing. Enjoy watching a a freak athlete and an even better young man play a game he absolutely loves.

Reactions: earsky
It is not a criticism of Jackson. Do you really believe that a quarterback who knowingly runs rather than protects himself is less likely to miss games due to injury than one who doesn’t? It is a very injury prone
position to begin with, but with the exception of Tarkenton not many scramblers had careers marked by longevity. A friend of mine, Bobby Douglas, is a classic example. He set rushing records at quarterback, but was out of the game as 31.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Douglass
Bobby Douglas was out of the game because he was a mediocre quarterback, not because he ran. On the other hand, he did date some pretty hot chicks.

It is not a criticism of Jackson.
We get it.Just don't like the timing.Kinda like your raining on our parade.
I think LJ knows he has to keep his eyes downfield more.I'm sure he knows the hits will add up.If you've followed his career at UofL(which I doubt) you would know he has learned to take hits in a certain way as to avoid injury.
The passing will come.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT