ADVERTISEMENT

Fumble by Jurich

Let's see. When was the basketball game scheduled? Didn't it take more than a year to get Indiana on the schedule again? When were we selected for the Citrus Bowl? 3-4 weeks ago. If it was a big issue could we not decline the Bowl offer and play in another bowl game? I think fans committed to the basketball game long before the football game... sure in hindsight we can now say don't schedule a big bb game around New Years, but what if we have a down year and don't get a New Year's Eve or day invite? Then we are sitting at home watching other teams play.

Last edited:
Maybe we should just "draw and quarter" all of our athletic administrators from Tom Jurich to our coaches for this outlandish abuse of the fans. Folks it is what it is and the bb game was scheduled over a year ago. And why would anyone buy tickets a year in advance. If we had taken care of business then this "conflict" would be moot. WOW I seem to remember the days when a conflict of this nature would be considered an honor for UofL athletics. I guess we've out grown those days. I'm of the opinion that much too much is being made of this issue.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Maybe we should just "draw and quarter" all of our athletic administrators from Tom Jurich to our coaches for this outlandish abuse of the fans. Folks it is what it is and the bb game was scheduled over a year ago. And why would anyone buy tickets a year in advance. If we had taken care of business then this "conflict" would be moot. WOW I seem to remember the days when a conflict of this nature would be considered an honor for UofL athletics. I guess we've out grown those days. I'm of the opinion that much too much is being made of this issue.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I missed the memo where Jurich is above reproach. Yes, it is what is - folks making the bball schedule did a poor job taking into account the bowl lineup. Actually had we beaten U.K. it still would have been an issue since the Orange Bowl ended 8 hours ago. I've been told that Jurich is apoplectic about the turnout in Orlando. However it might be a good time for them to reevaluate their handling of issues (this scheduling snafu, the hubris approach to Wakeyleaks, the weird silence on the shooting).

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT