ADVERTISEMENT

FSU at Louisville 2016.

The Cards open with Charlotte Labor Day weekend. Per the schedule at http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-16/2016-louisville-cardinals-football-schedule.php

the Cards play @Marshall on (Sept 24 a@Marshall shouldn't be a problem) . @ Houston is our toughest road game next season other than @Clemson.

Herd fan here, you do realize the Ville has (lost 4 strait games to The Herd) dating back to the 80's. I'm loving it and glad you see us as not a problem, especially since you will be playing at the Joan. Marshall has a 140-25 overall record at Joan C. Edwards stadium for (a winning percentage of .848, which is the second highest home winning percentage) ...Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing the Ville's fans here.

As a fan of a founding member of the greatest football conference in the land, I may be sluming it to comment on this battle of midgets between fsu and ul.
I never have had to think about fsu since they have ran and hid from UK since that beating we put on them last time we met on the gridiron...and that was back in the bowden days when they were supposed to be good.
That game has gone down in the BBN history as the one that proved, without a doubt, that UK is better than the supposed best of the acc.
Wow. Hate see what he has to say about the UK basketball program.

The Cards open with Charlotte Labor Day weekend. Per the schedule at http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-16/2016-louisville-cardinals-football-schedule.php

the Cards play @Marshall on Sept 24 and play ( @Marshall shouldn't be a problem .) @ Houston is our toughest road game next season other than @Clemson.

Herd Fan here. You do realize, The Herd has ( won the last 4 games against the Ville dating back to the 80's) this is a reminder. I'm glad you feel, The Herd wont be a problem! Here's something to keep in mind, ( Marshall has a 140-25 overall record at Joan C. Edwards stadium for a winning percentage of .848, which is the second highest home winning percentage of any college stadium) I can't wait to see the Ville fans at the game.

Herd fan here, you do realize the Ville has (lost 4 strait games to The Herd) dating back to the 80's. I'm loving it and glad you see us as not a problem, especially since you will be playing at the Joan. Marshall has a 140-25 overall record at Joan C. Edwards stadium for (a winning percentage of .848, which is the second highest home winning percentage) ...Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing the Ville's fans here.
Nothing against Marshall...good team and a game I see as a trap game. But last I check Chad Pennington and Bryan Leftwich ain't walking through that door and you're playing a team that went 8 and 2 it last 10 games and returns virtually 18 players from the Music City Bowl

Plus you get us at Home. To me Louisville has clearly established themselves as 3rd in the pecking order in the ACC and will be gunning for both FSU and Clemson. Essentially they know that to move up from 3rd to 1 or 2 they have to beat FSU and Clemson. And they have the talent to do it. It's competition. We'll have our hands full.
Schmitty, friend it is just a matter of time for UL! We don't like losing often to teams over and over! We'll get the handle of it and then jump up and ring the bell, lol!

Nothing against Marshall...good team and a game I see as a trap game. But last I check Chad Pennington and Bryan Leftwich ain't walking through that door and you're playing a team that went 8 and 2 it last 10 games and returns virtually 18 players from the Music City Bowl

We're returning a lot of starters to. We had a lot injuries last year and started a true freshman QB Chase Litton 3rd game of the year. We went 10-3 of what suppose to have been a rebuilding year. Litton is the real deal! BTW, last time we played you guys, Rakeem Cato came away with a win. Our stadium is one of the toughest to play in, trust me on that.

Uh...you're replacing 8 starters off your defense according to the last depth chart

Again, we had a lot of injuries on both sides of the ball. A lot where starters who will be returning. If you think the Ville is going to come in the Joan and walk over us, think again! I can't wait to see you guys play here. It should be a very fun game.

Again, we had a lot of injuries on both sides of the ball. A lot where starters who will be returning. If you think the Ville is going to come in the Joan and walk over us, think again! I can't wait to see you guys play here. It should be a very fun game.

Don't feel that way at all...do I feel Louisville will win...yes..but I also expect a very competitive game....Louisville will be coming off playing Florida State and I know our game is circled on your schedule

Don't feel that way at all...do I feel Louisville will win...yes..but I also expect a very competitive game....Louisville will be coming off playing Florida State and I know our game is circled on your schedule

Tidbit about The Herd, (we circle all of our games!) lol.. In all fairness, this game will be up there in the top 10 at the Joan, We also play Pitt as well a few weeks after this game. To be honest, I wish we could play you guys more. It would make for a great rivalry. The Ville is a great city. I have to give your A-D his props, he's one of the best around. Of course it helps that your city has a few fortune 500 companies. lol..

Lol....fair enough....but most that actually follow football know it is not going to be a easy game...plus Louisville doesn't care for WVU either....lol

Reactions: The E-Man
Lol....fair enough....but most that actually follow football know it is not going to be a easy game...plus Louisville doesn't care for WVU either....lol

Thank you! we hate the eerdiots to! I'm happy for you guys getting an ACC invite. The Big 12 is kicking their self in the ass for not taking the Ville. The eerdiot fans have been brought back down to earth, since they have been at the bottom of the Big 12.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
I didn't mean to disparage Marshall in my earlier post. I was at the last game between the Cards and the Herd so I know they can beat us. However I think Louisville has way more talent on both sides of the ball to have much risk of losing this one. But I've been wrong before.

Was thinking about going to this game but my 2005 trip to West Virginia for a football game left such a bad taste in my mouth I think I'll go to Charlottesville instead. I really didn't like having my sexual preferences and my parent's marital status questioned and having crappy beer thrown on me by drunk college students.

Last edited:
I didn't mean to disparage Marshall in my earlier post. I was at the last game between the Cards and the Herd so I know they can beat us. However I think Louisville has way more talent on both sides of the ball to have much risk of losing this one. But I've been wrong before.

Was thinking about going to this game but my 2005 trip to West Virginia for a football game left such a bad taste in my mouth I think I'll go to Charllottesville instead. I really didn't like having my parent's marital status questioned and crappy beer thrown on me by drunk college students.

Check the internet and you will see, Marshall fans hospitality is like night and day compared to the (eerdiot wvu fans). We have the friendliest fans you will ever encounter. Ask the Purdue fans and many others. You will be pleasantly surprised when you visit Huntington.

Here's a link from Purdue fans..... ( http://www.hammerandrails.com/2015/9/8/9275133/a-part-of-football-that-is-forgotten)

Last edited:

Was thinking about going to this game but my 2005 trip to West Virginia for a football game left such a bad taste in my mouth I think I'll go to Charlottesville instead. I really didn't like having my sexual preferences and my parent's marital status questioned and having crappy beer thrown on me by drunk college students.

You guys absolutely need to come to Huntington and enjoy a great college football atmosphere! It's only a 3 hour drive! I promise you won't regret it! Looking forward to a great game and lots of fun!
We are...Marshall and Go Herd!

My Mom (RIP) is a Marshall grad, so they will always hold a soft spot in my heart.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT