ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: Friday morning recruiting insider

Chris Person

Oct 3, 2016
Good Friday morning to one and all. It's been a busy week of recruiting and that is likely just the start of things to come for the Cardinals. Here are some bits of info as we start this last day of the work week.

- This weekend Louisville will host 4 official visitors: Blaze McKibbin, Kenney Solomon, Allen Smith, and Tuasivi Nomura.

- I'm not really sure if McKibbin would be a take for Louisville at this point considering they are still pursuing grad transfers at QB.

- Allen Smith is a definite take and one Louisville is confident they can get. Smith is an extremely athletic outside linebacker that can cover exceptionally well one play and be a top notch pass rusher the next. Cort Dennison visited Smith in home last night.

- I've heard some various things about when Kenney Solomon is wanting to make a decision. He told another writer for Rivals that he wanted to make a decision this coming Monday following his Louisville official visit but he told me he wants to wait in order to make a couple more official visits. Louisville wants to take 1 cornerback and I'd venture to say that they would take the first one wanting to commit between Kenney Solomon and Dequanteous Watts.

- Nomura is one of several really talented safety prospects Louisville has on their recruiting radar along with Keeyon Stewart, Cortez Andrews, Cecil Powell, among others. I'm interested to see which one the Cards really turn the heat up on.

- Louisville coaches visited PJ Jules yesterday and told me that he is trying to set up an official visit to Louisville for February 2nd.

- Washington LB Drew Fowler told me he has scheduled an official visit with Louisville for February 2nd and will visit UW this weekend.

- JUCO LB Monty Montgomery really likes Louisville and has a great relationship with Cort Dennison but, assuming Louisville can grab both Allen Smith and Ja'Darien Boykin, I'm not sure Louisville would have a spot for him.

- Keep an eye on a few DE's that are likely new names for you all: Deven Brantley, Cornelius Evans, and Kerick Reese. None have scholarship offers yet but I'd expect that to be changing soon. Louisville has put work in to try and find some diamonds in the rough and they believe these three are just that. Out of these three, watch out specifically for Deven Brantley and Cornelius Evans. Here are their films if you wanted to take a peek.

Brantley:

Evans:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News