ADVERTISEMENT

#FreeTheKegofNails

Bearcat_Nippert

One-Star Poster
May 14, 2014
Why in the world is the Keg of Nails languishing inside UofL's football building? It should be put out on the field for a football contest. The best team wins and the Keg goes to the winner.

#RenewTheRivalry #FreeTheKeg

Why in the world is the Keg of Nails languishing inside UofL's football building? It should be put out on the field for a football contest. The best team wins and the Keg goes to the winner.

Nice win today, I was rooting for you guys. Lived in Cincy for over a decade and loved it. I even make my own Skyline Chili at home.

I'd love to see a series between UC & Louisville.

Reactions: American Male
OOC schedule is booked until 2022. 2023 is the soonest a matchup can happen, unless the two meet in a bowl game.

The schools would love to play each other but the scheduling does not make it easy. For example, UofL has its 8 game ACC schedule plus the annual UK game. That's 9 games that are inviolable and booked solid. And it opened with Auburn, Purdue and Alabama 3 out of the last 4 years (essentially ESPN arranged matchups) and opens with Notre Dame next season. And then it needs to schedule the remaining 2 games as home games for the revenue and with teams who can fit it on their schedule (which are usually lower level teams who play for the paycheck but often includes in-state schools like WKU and Murray).

UC also has its own scheduling commitments. If UC can work something out to take 1 of the 2 "open" slots that usually exist, then it might happen. But the schedules have to work for both schools, and UC might not be able to get a home game in return, at least not right away. It will happen at some point but probably not soon.

Most UofL fans would like to see it and those of us from the Cinti area particularly love the idea. But simple math and reality don't allow it with ease anymore. Agree that it would be awesome to play for the keg in a bowl game.

I’m a UofL fan that doesn’t give a chit about Cincy. I remember us taking literally thousands to FB games up there and them being lucky to bring a thousand to 1500 to Cardinal Stadium. No thanks to helping them build their program.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Hope we meet in a bowl game sometime soon and both sides agree to put the Keg of Nails on the line, in addition to the Bowl trophy. Winner take all!

Reactions: TDredbird
The Keg sits in our trophy case and will for many years to come. Congratulations on winning against a 6-6 ACC team that had to play a make up game to be eligible. You won a meaningless bowl for your 9-2 team and you now think you’re P5 material? Go away!

Reactions: gocds

Fine by me. Just make sure the trip to Cardinals Stadium starts out with the UC players stomping on the UofL logo. Please. :cool:

Bearcat, I grew up with Cincy being UofL's primary basketball rival and would love to see that series restarted. I recall some GREAT games with the Bearcats. I finally scored basketball tickets to the Cincy game in Crum's first year. We broke a 60+ Cincy home win streak in the old Fieldhouse. What an incredible old school facility. Couldn't get to my seats; had to sit on the steps like dozens of others. Fire Marshall must have been on the take.

The Cards basically have 2 OOC P5 football games on the schedule for the next 10 years or so. Just not sure how the football rivalry can be restarted, especially on a H&A schedule.

Peace

The only way to do it is if the schools split the revenue for the games, making each game effectively a “neutral site” game even though they are played home and home. I don’t think that would work for us (and maybe UC) financially.

The only way to do it is if the schools split the revenue for the games, making each game effectively a “neutral site” game even though they are played home and home. I don’t think that would work for us (and maybe UC) financially.

That scenario would NEVER work for UofL as we would always have far more fans in attendance than the Bearcats. They hardly ever brought more than a thousand fans down here whereas I71 looked like a UofL caravan going north to Cincinnati. Always more than 5,000 and, in some cases, closer to 7,500. Other than the proximity of our schools I don’t see any advantage for helping their footballl program. And that is exactly what you’d be doing. Yeah, I know that’s the same argument uahkay fans used but tough noogies.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT