ADVERTISEMENT

Fox Sports Bowl Projections...Rematch for Louisville...

This would be interesting....

Cotton Bowl: Louisville vs. Houston
When: Jan. 2

Where: Arlington, Texas

Bowl affiliation: at-large vs. Group of 5

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...-schedule-playoff-picks-stewart-mandel-083016

That seems really unlikely. He even explained his logic in the article a little and I still don't buy it.

If both teams finish 10-2, that means Houston likely lost to UofL and Oklahoma, the only P5 teams on their schedule. I don't see the Cotton Bowl taking them at-large in that situation. And it's just a horrible idea, to have Louisville play basically 2 road games this year against Houston. If we win the first match-up in their home stadium, they won't even have a home field mystery factor since we'd have already won in a tougher place. That's probably not the kind of draw the Cotton Bowl is looking for.

I am holding out hope for being picked for the National Championship game but I would certainly love the Cotton Bowl or a BCS game. The Rose Bowl would be phenomenal since someone mentioned it. The Cotton Bowl was one of the main bowl games years ago. Still has a lot of prestige. I will pass on the Peach Bowl as Wreckcard brought up. Always thought that bowl was overrated. I just think we can do better than the Peach with this team.

I am holding out hope for being picked for the National Championship game but I would certainly love the Cotton Bowl or a BCS game. The Rose Bowl would be phenomenal since someone mentioned it. The Cotton Bowl was one of the main bowl games years ago. Still has a lot of prestige. I will pass on the Peach Bowl as Wreckcard brought up. Always thought that bowl was overrated. I just think we can do better than the Peach with this team.

historically I'd agree; but this year they are a national semi-final game...so, I think you do want the Peach...at least this year.

Reactions: American Male
historically I'd agree; but this year they are a national semi-final game...so, I think you do want the Peach...at least this year.
Oh well, then the Peach does sound pretty good. Still hoping to get pick for the title game but after that the Peach sounds just fine to me. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: American Male
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT