ADVERTISEMENT

Former 4* Texas A&M TE transferring to UofL

Steelers2012

Jan 5, 2012
Jordan Davis has announced he will transfer to Louisville:

The former four-star tight end said he wanted a fresh start and has been talking to several colleges looking for "the right fit for me where my talents will be used."

The 6-foot-4, 255-pound Davis made his first visit over the weekend. He spent two days at the University of Louisville, checking out the Cardinals' spring game and hanging out with some of the players.

"It was a lot of fun," Davis told Cardinal Authority. "I got a chance to see the city a little bit and as far as the football program, I saw what I needed to see. I loved it. It was a pretty awesome visit."

Davis, who was ranked as the No. 5 tight end and No. 137 player overall in the Class of 2015 out of Clear Lake High School in Houston, said he was unclear about other visits. He said he's been talking to other schools but doesn't have any visits scheduled.

"I'm looking for a place where I feel my talents will be used in my best interest," he said. "I learned a lot at A&M in my time. I know I have to be more versatile and not just a one-dimensional player. So, I learned a lot for my next school."

Davis, an early enrollee last spring at Texas A&M, played 11 games for the Aggies and had two catches for seven yards. He scored a 3-yard touchdown in his first career game against Ball State.

Texas A&M only used a tight end in 32 percent of its plays, but Davis said he knows Louisville uses it much more.

"If you are a tight end, there's nothing more than you can ask for than what they do at Louisville," he said. "You can call that the new "Tight End U." I saw what Cole (Hikituni) showed in the (Music City) bowl game (against Texas A&M) and that carried over into the spring and the spring game. They didn't disappoint me at all, watching the tight ends.

"They really use the tight in in so many ways."

Jordan Davis has announced he will transfer to Louisville:

The former four-star tight end said he wanted a fresh start and has been talking to several colleges looking for "the right fit for me where my talents will be used."

The 6-foot-4, 255-pound Davis made his first visit over the weekend. He spent two days at the University of Louisville, checking out the Cardinals' spring game and hanging out with some of the players.

"It was a lot of fun," Davis told Cardinal Authority. "I got a chance to see the city a little bit and as far as the football program, I saw what I needed to see. I loved it. It was a pretty awesome visit."

Davis, who was ranked as the No. 5 tight end and No. 137 player overall in the Class of 2015 out of Clear Lake High School in Houston, said he was unclear about other visits. He said he's been talking to other schools but doesn't have any visits scheduled.

"I'm looking for a place where I feel my talents will be used in my best interest," he said. "I learned a lot at A&M in my time. I know I have to be more versatile and not just a one-dimensional player. So, I learned a lot for my next school."

Davis, an early enrollee last spring at Texas A&M, played 11 games for the Aggies and had two catches for seven yards. He scored a 3-yard touchdown in his first career game against Ball State.

Texas A&M only used a tight end in 32 percent of its plays, but Davis said he knows Louisville uses it much more.

"If you are a tight end, there's nothing more than you can ask for than what they do at Louisville," he said. "You can call that the new "Tight End U." I saw what Cole (Hikituni) showed in the (Music City) bowl game (against Texas A&M) and that carried over into the spring and the spring game. They didn't disappoint me at all, watching the tight ends.

"They really use the tight in in so many ways."
Second, that welcome Jordan!

I am so glad that using the TE is back in our playbook!
You're right Wilkie but it is an unavoidable fact that due to our offensive line woes the last 2 years (obviously last year more) protection has come at the expense of Petrino's knack of killing Ds with the Tight ends.

That can't happen again. We are loaded not only at the TE position but at the other skill positions as well. BP is salivating at the possibilities IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT