ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Jimbo!

genghis_card

4000+
Sep 19, 2005
Clearly, the man has lost his mojo. The Noles started the season ranked #3, and now they're 2-4!

They've lost to Louisville two years in a row! They could ONLY score 21 offensive points in the same UL defense that gave up 45 to Boston Freaking College last week! (And arguably, 14 of those points came with 4th quarter help from the refs.)

FSU is broken, and it's all the coaches fault. I say they fire them all!

Clearly, the man has lost his mojo. The Noles started the season ranked #3, and now they're 2-4!

They've lost to Louisville two years in a row! They could ONLY score 21 offensive points in the same UL defense that gave up 45 to Boston Freaking College last week! (And arguably, 14 of those points came with 4th quarter help from the refs.)

They scored 21 which is still 3 more than they've averaged against the rest of the teams they've played thus far.

The UofL defense played better but not well enough to play tougher offensive teams. It's still a nice bounce back win after that debacle last weekend against BC.

Reactions: xmlmetal

Enjoy the win

Sarcasm I know but, you best believe if FSU was 30-16 in their last 46 & 4-6 in their last 10, with their best wins against two 8-5 teams with several blowout losses and other losses as 20+ favorites - there’d be a number of Seminole fans questioning if Jimbo was the right guy.

Its UofL

That is very seriously being discussed on the Florida ST board as we speak.

They scored 21 which is still 3 more than they've averaged against the rest of the teams they've played thus far.

The UofL defense played better but not well enough to play tougher offensive teams. It's still a nice bounce back win after that debacle last weekend against BC.
They really only would have earned 17 if they had taken a field goal instead of getting that bull crap roughing the passer call.

Not only that, we would have still been up 14 with the ball back. The momentum completely shifted on that BS call.

And then the fantastic ref......es let the receiver push off True Washington on the TD catch too.

I was concerned on the last play of the game. ....that another BS roughing the passer call was going to go down too. Cards 'D' had to beat 11 on 17 or whatever with that ref crew. .....but they fought through the adversity and prevailed.

Whew! Now....beat up on Fake Worest, I mean Wake Forest next week.:rolleyes:o_O:cool:

Reactions: Cue Card and SoulSr

No...keep him...our defense looked good against FSU!

Roughing the passer was 4th down they wouldn't have gotten 3 pts on that drive.
I was just saying if it wasn’t in that situation they would have taken 3 points. We gave up about the amount of yards for them to get 17 points. But yeah definitely should have been up 14 after that play.

I don't think our fans keep close track of what other teams are doing, just their own.

These stats date back to the start of last year. And except for one instance, there's not more than one game difference up or down between these two teams...
FSU-U%20of%20L%20Recent%20Records_zps14cwsrbz.jpg

BC smacked the black off dat ass in Charlottesville today. Not saying they are the New England Patriots, but VA has looked pretty good so far this year under their new staff.

BC smacked the black off dat ass in Charlottesville today. Not saying they are the New England Patriots, but VA has looked pretty good so far this year under their new staff.
I understand that, but the cold hard truth is the Cards put up 625 total yards on BC and lost. That is a debacle. Never should have happened.

Reactions: GoldCard
I understand that, but the cold hard truth is the Cards put up 625 total yards on BC and lost. That is a debacle. Never should have happened.

I'm still mad:mad: about the BC debacle, and will be unless the Cards go 10-3.

625 yds, 42 points and STILL LOST AT HOME :mad:

I don’t want Jimbo to be fired. But he needs to make wholesale changes to his coaching staff including replacing the Defensive Coordinator, the Linebackers coach, and the Offensive Line coach.

I don’t want Jimbo to be fired. But he needs to make wholesale changes to his coaching staff including replacing the Defensive Coordinator, the Linebackers coach, and the Offensive Line coach.

I was shocked by how salty FSU fans in Tallahassee were about the coaching staff. I realize this season has gone off the rails but he did get you guys into the Orange Bowl last year. Some changes may be necessary but it’s hard to overstate all adversity you guys have faced this year.

No offense, Schmidty... But my experience is that fans of all persuasions are good at recognizing a problem exists, not so good at analyzing what's causing the problem, but pretty damn lousy at identifying solutions.

Timeless zipp-ism no. 123: "You don't get credibility and respect because you have a username and password..."

I was shocked by how salty FSU fans in Tallahassee were about the coaching staff. I realize this season has gone off the rails but he did get you guys into the Orange Bowl last year. Some changes may be necessary but it’s hard to overstate all adversity you guys have faced this year.
These problems have been there for 2 or 3 years but they were covered up by having a player like Dalvin Cook. Now that he is gone those problems are being exposed.

No offense, Schmidty... But my experience is that fans of all persuasions are good at recognizing a problem exists, not so good at analyzing what's causing the problem, but pretty damn lousy at identifying solutions.

Timeless zipp-ism no. 123: "You don't get credibility and respect because you have a username and password..."
I have eyes. I can see we have a hard time blocking up front and have had for 3 or 4 years. Dalvin Cook hid those problems by his ability to make people miss in the backfield. We can’t protect our QB and haven’t for a few years as we were one of the worst in number of sacks given up. Our defense has allowed the game winning or game tying drive at the end of the game in 8 of our last 18 ACC games. When the game is on the line they can’t get stops. Two of our losses last season happened that way. North Carolina needed only 20 seconds to drive 40 yards to kick the game winning field goal. Deshaun Watson needed only 1:30 to go the length of the field and score a touchdown after we took the lead with 3 minutes left last season. My point is these things have been a pattern for a few seasons now but they have lead to only a couple of losses each season rather than a 2-4 record. Point is there is too much talent on the FSU roster to be 2-4 and 0-3 at Doak Campbell stadium with the only 2 wins being one touchdown wins over Duke and Wake. Just about every Noles fan I know feels Jimbo needs to clean house after the season although hardly anybody wants Fisher himself to lose his job.

The thing no one seems to mentioning about FSU is that they've had a freshman QB for the last 2 seasons. Francois started slow last year but they finished with a Bowl win over Michigan. Francois went out for the season the first game this year, so now they're playing a true freshman. Yes, that matters............. a lot.

So while people say they have the same record as us, etc. you have to look at the situation. Were we capable of beating a team like Michigan at the end of last season? What would our record be over that same span in Lamar went down?

First off, congrats on the win. Please keep in mind that we are pissed at jimbo and company because of the product on the field while the last 7-8 years we have had a top 5 recruiting class. We have a team filled with 4 and 5 * players playing like a jr college team. That, boys and girls, is lousy coaching. No other way to look at it. Our QB's have been running for their lives ever since trickett got here and jimbo defends him and keeps him on staff. kelly is the worst P5 D coordinator on the planet, but his wife is jimbos baby sitter, so he stays on staff. That is why we are no longer looking for the assistant coaches heads on a platter, and we are looking to have the culprits head instead. That is the one and only jimbo fisher. He is a fraud.

First off, congrats on the win. Please keep in mind that we are pissed at jimbo and company because of the product on the field while the last 7-8 years we have had a top 5 recruiting class. We have a team filled with 4 and 5 * players playing like a jr college team. That, boys and girls, is lousy coaching. No other way to look at it. Our QB's have been running for their lives ever since trickett got here and jimbo defends him and keeps him on staff. kelly is the worst P5 D coordinator on the planet, but his wife is jimbos baby sitter, so he stays on staff. That is why we are no longer looking for the assistant coaches heads on a platter, and we are looking to have the culprits head instead. That is the one and only jimbo fisher. He is a fraud.
WRT you DC, have you checked out Peter Sirmon? Don’t be so hard on your guy.

Reactions: atiba

So what % of the FSU fan base would you guess feels the way you seem to feel about it, and want him fired?

Our defense starts 5-5* players and 6-4* players. We are supposedly #3 in recruiting the last 5-years behind Bama and Ohio St. Add all this up with a 2-4 record and you will start to see why we are pissed. Right now I would guess 90% of the fans want at least 4 assistant coaches replaced. I would guess it is 50-50 fans want jimbo replaced. It is getting ugly in Tallahassee. All we want to see is them play up to their ability.

In 3 of our 4 losses, we had the lead late in the 4th quarter only to let the other team drive the ball right down our throats to win the game. The drives were over 70 yards each. Look at your last 2 drives. Did you see much resistance in the next to last drive when you took it 75 yards in 3 plays? How about your last drive? We can't stop 3rd and long to save our lives. In our 2 wins over mighty duke and wake, they BOTH drove the ball the length of the field at the end of the game and we had to break up a pass in the end zone to hold on. We are that close to being 0-6. And keep in mind, that is starting 5-5* and 6-4* players, of which 4 are predicted to go in the 1st round after the season, all from the defense. That is absolutely poor coaching. No other way to explain or excuse it. Our 18 year old QB doesn't play defense and has put us in position to win the games, so we can't blame it on him. And by the way, why is it we don't have a back-up QB other than a true freshman? Never forget, jimbo fisher told Lamar Jackson he wasn't good enough to play QB. That alone should explain why we are done with the fraud.

Last edited:
Our defense starts 5-5* players and 6-4* players. We are supposedly #3 in recruiting the last 5-years behind Bama and Ohio St. Add all this up with a 2-4 record and you will start to see why we are pissed. Right now I would guess 90% of the fans want at least 4 assistant coaches replaced. I would guess it is 50-50 fans want jimbo replaced. It is getting ugly in Tallahassee. All we want to see is them play up to their ability.
I can definitely understand that.

That kind of talent should do better.

But then we’re back to the “star” system and it’s validity. :confused:

Reactions: Mayoman
It is fair to question the validity of the star system, until you start looking at the teams that win titles and see what they all have in common. Look back at the last 10-years and find me a team that won it all that wasn't in the top 5 for many years in recruiting averages prior to winning it all. You won't find one. There are always players overlooked (I believe Lamar was a 3* coming out of HS) and players highly rated that are busts, but they are the exception and not the rule. Over time they appear to be a pretty accurate indicator of a teams strength. Ad Bobby Bowden used to say, it's more about the jimmy's and joe's than x's and o's. Well jimbo has proven that isn't entirely true. Even the greatest HS players need competent coaching at the college level to have the level of success they are capable of achieving.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
We will trade you sirmon for Kelly right freaking now and, even throw in BOT chairman and interim president that your 5 stars can use as tackling dummies.

While I am not trying to say you have a good and/or well coached defense (you guys have eyes too), one could make the argument that sirmon is doing more with less talent than kelly is. I thought it was a draw at best comparing defenses, but one of them starts 5-5* and 6-4* players while the other is a couple of 4* and the rest 3* players. So are you really sure you want to trade with us? Honestly, they both should be coaching at an east mississippi high school at best.

Reactions: atiba and SoulSr
FSU is a good team and program, and their fans need to chill out just like ours do here. Fans seldom have the right slant on fixes to their teams. And I'm sorry for fans of both schools, but that's fact.

But WTH, let's trade D coordinators. And everyone will be happy for a few months... o_O

Reactions: Cue Card

If course not, Schmidty. I don't either. Jumbo Fisher is a hell of a coach, who took an FSU team that had seen better days, and built it into a national champion. And he will fix this.

That was my point, lost on so many here. Proven winners sometimes have bad years. That doesn't mean you fire the guy. You're a fool if you do. Same goes for our proven winner here in Bobby Petrino.

While I am not trying to say you have a good and/or well coached defense (you guys have eyes too), one could make the argument that sirmon is doing more with less talent than kelly is. I thought it was a draw at best comparing defenses, but one of them starts 5-5* and 6-4* players while the other is a couple of 4* and the rest 3* players. So are you really sure you want to trade with us? Honestly, they both should be coaching at an east mississippi high school at best.
Not trying to add insult to injury but Trumaine Washington (2 picks) was a 2 Star. But still Jimbo has done more than Bobby and kelly has a better defense than Sirmon, so I wouldn’t be trading coaches anytime soon if I were you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT