ADVERTISEMENT

Final Three

Cincycard80

1250+
Gold Member
Feb 22, 2010
I know there has been doom and gloom on the board this week, but I am heading in the other direction.

The Cards final 3 games of the regular season, @FSU, vs Notre Dame, and vs. UVa.

I feel that the finality of the Chris Jones situation and the great comeback/narrow win on Monday against a tough, but bad luck Tech team has set the Cards up for success.

The team only had a day to digest the loss of Jones before taking on Ga. Tech. Remember, even though the Cards are not a great shooting team, almost all of their misses were shots that banged every inch of the inside of the rim. I have rarely seen that many "in and out" shots by one team in a game. Bottom line they were not "Bricks".

Pitino has 5 days to get the Cards ready to play at FSU. The game is essential for a top 4 finish in the ACC. There is no guarantee that the Tar Heels will lose another game. The Cards cant risk a loss. Pitino will have the team focused and will come home with a tough victory.

Once home, Rick will focus on the fact that they can position themselves to not only finish in the top 4 but also finish 3rd in the ACC. Virginia and Duke are both out of reach, so #1 and #2 positions are not targets for the Cards. With ND's loss last night to the Cuse, a victory against the Irish at home gives U of L an opportunity to secure 3rd place. I predict a win against a known opponent that always brings out the best in our team.

With a 3 game winning streak and momentum on Louisville's side, I would not want to be Virginia coming into the Yum! on Senior Day. In an Ugly defensive battle the Cards beat the Cav's, secure 3rd place in the ACC and finish with a 25-6 and 13-5 Regular Season Record.

Note: Virginia has only allowed two teams all season to reach 70 points in a game. Davidson and the Miami Hurricanes.

Go Cards-Finish Strong

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News