ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Reports Memphis no longer candidate for Big12

Jan 10, 2005
Reporting that 11 candidates remain, including Cincy, Houston and BYU, but not Memphis. I have to admit I am surprised but not upset. I can't bring myself to root for the UofM.

ESPN Report

If BYU is indeed a viable candidate; then there would be no question as to their invitation. Despite the lack of fan support at UC, the WVU geography issue makes the Bearcats attractive for all those members who made the mistake of having invited the Mountaineers in the 1st place.

Houston would be #1 if it were not for Texas fans and Administration seeing that as a negative towards their recruiting the city.

Reactions: gocds and Cue Card
I agree with Red Ranger about the name. They will always be Memphis State to me too.

2330859 is 100% spot on with his reasoning IMO. BYU has to be THE #1 target for the B12, and to help out the demographics, Cincinnati should be strongly considered due to the WVU on an island situation they currently suffer. They could also go the other direction and decide on Air Force in order to help out BYU and just say to hell with WVU. Let them stay on their backwoods island.

Reporting that 11 candidates remain, including Cincy, Houston and BYU, but not Memphis. I have to admit I am surprised but not upset. I can't bring myself to root for the UofM.

ESPN Report

Memphis sucks in every way. Not just the school, but the city. ESPN's report is probably true for that reason. However, there is a Yahoo report that says Memphis made the cut in an unofficial reduction to 8 final candidates. If I never go to Memphis again it will be too soon. I hope there is no way we can ever be picked for the Liberty Bowl.

If UC doesn't get their act together soon they will also be out. They only drew 28k for their home opener Thursday night. A big problem was they (or ESPN) scheduled the opener the same night as the Bengals were playing their last preseason game.

Where did this hate for Memphis come from...just curious? Football? Basketball?

Memphis waited far too long to begin committing to facilities.

Take a look at U of L's campus these days and you'll understand what it takes. So glad the Cardinals are ACC all the way, baby!

ESPN Report

Reactions: The Public Enemy
Memphis waited far too long to begin committing to facilities.

Take a look at U of L's campus these days and you'll understand what it takes. So glad the Cardinals are ACC all the way, baby!

Yeah, read the story. It says Memphis State committed to spend $500 million on academic and athletic facilities over the next 5 years. If they did this 6 years ago Memphis State would be in. But, they aren't, because they are Memphis.

Yeah, read the story. It says Memphis State committed to spend $500 million on academic and athletic facilities over the next 5 years. If they did this 6 years ago Memphis State would be in. But, they aren't, because they are Memphis.

Yep, TOO LATE was my point. They should've been doing this all along. By that measure, UC is way, way ahead of them. Hopefully BYU will keep playing hard to get and UC + UH will be the expansion.

Reactions: gocds and Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT