ADVERTISEMENT

Duvall in transfer portal

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
Lindsey Duvall has entered the transfer portal, according to several sources. Coach Walz confirmed it today in a teleconference call. It was mutually agreed upon. Lindsey wanted the opportunity to play. She wants to look for a place where she'll have more impact. Walz has stated she still has a place at Louisville if there is a school that doesn't fit her needs.

--sonja--

Are we expecting one more to enter the portal? I thought I read where he wanted three recruits for 2021.

Good luck LIndsey, I hope she chooses EKU.

Not a surprise. It seems like her injury might have held her back. She hasn’t shown the speed and physicality needed to play a lot of minutes. When opportunities presented she has been ok shooting the ball;!whereas I think she would have had to have been outstanding. She seems like a quality young women and a program a little less competitive than UofL could help her find the floor for a lot more time. I was hoping Seygan would stay and I hope her injury did not slow her down. She is a bulldog and a lot more physical than Duvall.

Not a surprise. It seems like her injury might have held her back. She hasn’t shown the speed and physicality needed to play a lot of minutes. When opportunities presented she has been ok shooting the ball;!whereas I think she would have had to have been outstanding. She seems like a quality young women and a program a little less competitive than UofL could help her find the floor for a lot more time. I was hoping Seygan would stay and I hope her injury did not slow her down. She is a bulldog and a lot more physical than Duvall.
Agree, I am glad she is looking for a better fit. Her injuries over the years obviously have taken their toll and I didn’t see her ever getting to the level necessary to compete for major minutes. As far as Seygan, we really have not seen her play in meaningful minutes and hope she’s fully recovered this season. With that said, minutes are going to be hard to find for her as well. You always want what’s best for any athlete that chooses to be part of our program.

I haven't heard of any other Louisville WBB players in the transfer portal as of this morning, but -- it is kind of hard to get information on that. Coach Walz did not address the subject in his teleconference yesterday of looking, although I imagine he's keeping an eye on who is in there.

I'll link up yesterday's presser here later.

--sonja--

Reactions: mwatson61
Walz just confirmed on Zoom that Seygan Robins is also transferring.

He said that both have been told that they still have scholarships if either changes her mind.

Told both of them that he doesn't want them to leave, but he understands their decisions.

Walz said that he doesn't plan to recruit replacements, and he told his staff that he would only be interested in a transfer at the 4/5 position...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT