ADVERTISEMENT

Duke - Virginia last night ... wow.

Pervis_Griffith

25000+
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
DVR'd to watch the Duke - Virginia game as I was unable to watch it live.

All I have to say is wow. Both of those teams seem to be at another level. And that is with neither of them shooting the 3 particularly well. But the game last night was like watching two heavy weights answer haymaker for haymaker.

Virginia stayed with the Dookies much better than I thought they would, athletically. DeAndre Hunter is a stud. And "Former Man Bun Wearing" Kyle Guy and Ty Jerome are excellent floor leaders if not totally annoying stereotypical Virginia players. I like the 7 footer they bring off the bench to, in Huff. He's a threat from 3 point range, but gives them depth inside.

If Duke can figure out how to play without point guard Trey Jones, they will be that much harder to play down the road. Zion Williamson is ridiculous. RJ Barrett is a stud too. They are a typical Duke team in that they don't seem to have much depth, and that may catch up to them. Time will tell. But it's hard to see people keeping up with them if they can keep Williamson and Barrett healthy the rest of the way.

After watching the game last night, it struck me that the best we could do is 3rd place in conference this year. Which ain't bad at all ... but I don't see how we match up with these two teams. Everyone else in the conference I can see a way for us to compete with. Duke and Virginia on the other hand? Could be some long nights with those two.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News