ADVERTISEMENT

Duke doing to Clemson tonight what Cards should have done.

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
The devils in blue are hitting 3's all over the court. The same wide open 3's the Cards couldn't make. Clemson's players don't look so confident now when the other team actually makes open shots. Maybe if we played them on a Wednesday night at 7PM instead of a noon game on Sunday?

Shouldn't matter. That loss will be the worse loss on the season for the Cards. But on the bright side, we only lost by 6 despite going 3 for 24 from the 3 pt line and being outshot from the FT 44 to 16. Just shows how bad Clemson is and why Duke is making them look that bad at their own place.

Clemson lookin pretty good right now. They could get beat by 20 but with 15 mins to go two point game

Looks like foul trouble has found Duke in the dreaded Clemson home court. This game only shows me had the Cards simply made its usual amount of 3's they would have won. Duke has little to no depth and only one big man. If they missed 19 3pt shots they would lose by 15.

I've tried this posting in the 1st half hoping to change things in the 2nd half for Louisville of course, but I really thought Duke was going to blow the doors off of Clemson. I stand corrected.

The devils in blue are hitting 3's all over the court. The same wide open 3's the Cards couldn't make. Clemson's players don't look so confident now when the other team actually makes open shots. Maybe if we played them on a Wednesday night at 7PM instead of a noon game on Sunday?

Shouldn't matter. That loss will be the worse loss on the season for the Cards. But on the bright side, we only lost by 6 despite going 3 for 24 from the 3 pt line and being outshot from the FT 44 to 16. Just shows how bad Clemson is and why Duke is making them look that bad at their own place.

A couple more losses and Duke will have a #1 seed locked up...and play their first 4 NCAA Tournament games in NC. They have the rest of the basketball world right where they want them. By all means UL, give them a couple more losses to cement that seed for them.

I think Clemson is a pretty decent team I definitely would not want to play them in the tournament.

Clemson is doing what teams with talent and solid coaching do. They improve, and they are looking much better today compared to the start of the season. I suspect their RPI numbers are going to improve dramatically now after back to back wins over ranked teams.

Reactions: American Male
There really aren't any gimme wins in the ACC, especially on the road. But the Cards need to take care of business at home for sure. Hopefully starting with a win tonight against a ranked Pitt team.

Is Clemson the ultimate Jekyll & Hyde? The got blown out at home by UMASS, lost home games to Alabama and South Carolina, and got drilled at Georgia. I watch a lot of SEC basketball and those teams are no good. Injuries maybe? UK's 2 best wins don't look that great right now after both U of L and Duke lose games to a team that is 76th in Kenpom and went 0 for the SEC in OOC.

Reactions: American Male
Is Clemson the ultimate Jekyll & Hyde? The got blown out at home by UMASS, lost home games to Alabama and South Carolina, and got drilled at Georgia. I watch a lot of SEC basketball and those teams are no good. Injuries maybe? UK's 2 best wins don't look that great right now after both U of L and Duke lose games to a team that is 76th in Kenpom and went 0 for the SEC in OOC.
If you follow the game's various writers, you will to catch the fact everyone else is realizing - that Clemson improved with a challenging OOC schedule enough to be hold a severe home court edge. They bought into defense, bottom line. If you watched UofL's games earlier and compared them to tonight, you would also see a completely different team, far better defensively as the freshman Spalding shows that Pitino was right about his talent ceiling. Team defense takes some time to mold and both Clemson and us have taken that in.

Maybe it's all about timing... You're talking about early losses. If they're playing better now, that could be why they're winning. May have less to do with the opposition...

They just need to finish in the top 100 and all will be forgiven. I expect they will lose a lot of games in February. Maybe peaked?

Di

Didnt Clemson beat Duke?

The reality is the Cards must play collectively every night to win games, specifically on the defensive end. Louisville fouled Clemson entirely too much, the team did not play good defense and obviously the stat sheet tells you the Cards were poor on offense too.

Our program starts and ends on the defensive end.

The reality is the Cards must play collectively every night to win games, specifically on the defensive end. Louisville fouled Clemson entirely too much, the team did not play good defense and obviously the stat sheet tells you the Cards were poor on offense too.

Our program starts and ends on the defensive end.

^^^^IN BOLD FOR TRUTH^^^

Di

Didnt Clemson beat Duke?

Yes. Hence the Jekyll and Hyde comment. Rolled by some really bad teams in the OOC and 2 great ACC wins. As zipp pointed out, there are many possible reasons. U of L bounced back very well last night, they imposed their will on Pitt in the 2nd half especially. I've never been a big fan of Dixon, glad you guys put it on them.

Home court is the thing this year with every team . Seems the good teams are losng road games at a higher clip this season.

Reactions: JohnKBA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT