ADVERTISEMENT

Duke and Kentucky

racehorseowner

New Poster, Show Me Love
Mar 23, 2015
The Wall Street Journal today (May 2, 2019) has an article titled: "How Not to Bribe Coaches" about the "basketball corruption scandal." Following is a paragraph in the article that describes Clemson's effort to recruit Zion Williamson (the Christian Dawkins mentioned has been accused by the feds of bribing college basketball coaches at the Cosmopolitan hotel in Las Vegas to steer business to his sports management company):

"That's why Clemson assistant coach Steve Smith came into the Cosmopolitan hotel suite, where he was also unwittingly recorded by federal investigators. On that recording, Dawkins said Duke and Kentucky would have their 'resources' ready to get Williamson, and that if he picked Clemson, they [Dawkins] would be prepared to provide Smith with the same."

It appears there is a reason why Duke and Kentucky are such good recruiters and it has to do with "resources." Hardly a surprise.

SuCkS vowed never again to get caught after the shenanigans under Eddie sutton.

Theyre well insulated from getting busted for buying players.

The closest theyve been besides the 3 from Nike was Anthony davis and the 200K.

Ah, and the deleted article along with the anonymous sources, lol. Yep, you caught us

Odd how everyone but slapd!ck fans acknowledge that LPT kids are on the take...
All this cheating information you guys have on Calipari and Kentucky. Why don't you pass it on to the NCAA? Mark Emmert would love you for it.

I have said this many times and it seems some cannot understand simple math. If a top player is paid to attend ANY college, you can rest assured, others have their hands out.

No top player goes to play for free when his competition is getting paid. Keldon Johnson was a lottery pick before the year started. Do you think he gave up $100,000 this past year just to play at UK?

Whitney is projected lottery. Same question. If Duke, Arizona, Kansas are paying big money for recruits, why would Whitney even consider UK?

I have said this many times and it seems some cannot understand simple math. If a top player is paid to attend ANY college, you can rest assured, others have their hands out.

No top player goes to play for free when his competition is getting paid. Keldon Johnson was a lottery pick before the year started. Do you think he gave up $100,000 this past year just to play at UK?

Whitney is projected lottery. Same question. If Duke, Arizona, Kansas are paying big money for recruits, why would Whitney even consider UK?

Once again...UK doesn't pay players. Why? cause we don't need to. We would get every top player every single year if we were paying. Now loom at what Duke has been doing the last 4 to 5 years reeling in all the big fish they can. That don't happen magically. If you or any other ppl claiming UK pays players has any evidence then put it forward.

As John wall said, if you’ve been poor your whole life then what’s another 8 months? I believe that’s always been cal’s sell. Now, has any cats ever taken something along the way? Probably, but I don’t think it’s the norm. If you want to disagree that’s fine. But just remember, it’s not what you know (or think you know), it’s what you can prove. It’s been 10 long years under the reign of slimy Cal, One would assume that is enough time to gather some evidence. One thing is definitely for sure, UK is cleaner than everyone thought. We all remember when basketball fans said we should hang all our banners with Velcro.

All this cheating information you guys have on Calipari and Kentucky. Why don't you pass it on to the NCAA? Mark Emmert would love you for it.
Once again...UK doesn't pay players. Why? cause we don't need to. We would get every top player every single year if we were paying. Now loom at what Duke has been doing the last 4 to 5 years reeling in all the big fish they can. That don't happen magically. If you or any other ppl claiming UK pays players has any evidence then put it forward.
The issue isn't whether Lite or anyone else at LPT has paid players. But it's clear that LPT has played kids who have been PAID. The only question is whether that evidence will surface. I'm pretty confident it's already in the hands of the FBI.

And whether or not LPT paid the kids, they were still ineligible and there will be consequences: forfeited games, fines, scholly losses, etc., under the NCAA premise of "should have known." Again, the only questions are when and how the evidence gets produced.

If you're still one of a few remaining diehards who wanna believe that everyone has cheated besides LPT...

tenor.gif

You were evidently banned from an LPT site for being too logical...

If UK was buying players we wouldn't lose out on any recruit. Do you honestly think we wouldn't outbid anyone else?

Apparently you didn’t. Zion went to Duke. I guess a fool is born every day. Let’s see Duke has been more productive than SuCk lately and their in a different league when it comes to education and Raleigh is a pretty nice area not far from the beach. Yeah if Dukes paying you can bet your naive butt SuCks paying. No one is immune from this crap the whole system is corrupt.

Reactions: teamcanada

So b/c Duke got in the game late they are paying and UK isn't........really??

Reactions: CardsFirst
Did I just hear yesterday that four of the slapd!ck recruits went down in the final Rivals rankings?

I'm sure glad--as I guess he is--that Lite just signed his lifetime contract...

Reactions: CardsFirst
Apparently you didn’t. Zion went to Duke. I guess a fool is born every day. Let’s see Duke has been more productive than SuCk lately and their in a different league when it comes to education and Raleigh is a pretty nice area not far from the beach. Yeah if Dukes paying you can bet your naive butt SuCks paying. No one is immune from this crap the whole system is corrupt.
I understand the fan dislike between UL and UK. It is comical to sit back and read how much UK cheats to get players.This is going on while UK watches, and hopes, that UL gets banned for cheating. I just like college basketball and love the rivalry, especially now. Mack is a good coach and I look forward to the games. If any of us want to know facts, either real or imagined, just tune in to Zipps posts. Comedy and Tragedy at its best.

I understand the fan dislike between UL and UK. It is comical to sit back and read how much UK cheats to get players.This is going on while UK watches, and hopes, that UL gets banned for cheating. I just like college basketball and love the rivalry, especially now. Mack is a good coach and I look forward to the games. If any of us want to know facts, either real or imagined, just tune in to Zipps posts. Comedy and Tragedy at its best.

My point is very simple. No one should be walking around acting to high and mighty. The NCAA is corrupt. And no one can honestly say that their program is or isn’t involved. I would have never guessed we would have been involved, yet here we are. And the line that we’re UK we don’t have to, well we know that’s BS because that ship has sailed years ago.

...If any of us want to know facts, either real or imagined, just tune in to Zipps posts. Comedy and Tragedy at its best.
I'm not sure that's good advice. The average slappy doesn't have the comprehension level to understand my posts.

Only slapd!cks think they've been playing around in a minefield and have no risk of getting blown up...

Reactions: Smithereen
I'm not sure that's good advice. The average slappy doesn't have the comprehension level to understand my posts.

Only slapd!cks think they've been playing around in a minefield and have no risk of getting blown up...
Zipp man nobody has the comprehension level to understand your posts half the time lol. No one’s IQ level raises once they don a red shirt so don’t kid yourself. But you keep it fun and interesting.

Reactions: BlasterCat0512

Zipp man nobody has the comprehension level to understand your posts half the time lol. No one’s IQ level raises once they don a red shirt so don’t kid yourself. But you keep it fun and interesting.

Wow that’s pretty hilarious coming from a SuCk fan that in all likelihood hasn’t step on a Universities campus let alone SuCks. At least not a to attend classes.

Well, that really scares me. See what I mean, comedy followed by tragedy. The lack of comprehension to understand your posts is very funny, then, land mines enter the picture. I am guessing that you are the only one that thinks you are clever.

Reactions: BlasterCat0512
Wow that’s pretty hilarious coming from a SuCk fan that in all likelihood hasn’t step on a Universities campus let alone SuCks. At least not a to attend classes.
You missed my point.

No I ignored your point. Your on our board for what reason I have no earthly idea. I’ve lived in many states while growing up from Michigan, GA, and NC to name just several. I have never run across a fan base that is so absorbed with its rival as SuCk fans. I personally could careless about SuCk other than when we play. I don’t visit your boards. So I ask you, is it a jealousy issue, are you threatened, or is it arrogance that only your fan base perceives? Because trust me outside of your fan base and certainly the Commonwealth SuCk isn’t thought of as anything special, with the exception of BB. And lately with the caliber of players you’ve had you really haven’t lived up to expectations. Our problem isn’t SuCk our problem has been us getting in the way of ourselves. And that has been corrected. So do us all a favor and go back to your board and take your SuCk buddies with you. Feel free to talk about us on your board as it’s your right and I will not be the wiser since I never visit other teams boards. And this will be my last response as I broke my rule of responding to SuCk fans who post on our board.

No I ignored your point. Your on our board for what reason I have no earthly idea. I’ve lived in many states while growing up from Michigan, GA, and NC to name just several. I have never run across a fan base that is so absorbed with its rival as SuCk fans. I personally could careless about SuCk other than when we play. I don’t visit your boards. So I ask you, is it a jealousy issue, are you threatened, or is it arrogance that only your fan base perceives? Because trust me outside of your fan base and certainly the Commonwealth SuCk isn’t thought of as anything special, with the exception of BB. And lately with the caliber of players you’ve had you really haven’t lived up to expectations. Our problem isn’t SuCk our problem has been us getting in the way of ourselves. And that has been corrected. So do us all a favor and go back to your board and take your SuCk buddies with you. Feel free to talk about us on your board as it’s your right and I will not be the wiser since I never visit other teams boards. And this will be my last response as I broke my rule of responding to SuCk fans who post on our board.
I enjoy the rivalry. Literally this is the only place to discuss it with the Louisville fan base. Call it a guilty pleasure.

I enjoy the rivalry. Literally this is the only place to discuss it with the Louisville fan base. Call it a guilty pleasure.
The problem is you don't discuss anything. True "discussion" requires comprehension and rationality, traits lacking in the average slapd!ck. You're simply here because you have posting privileges, which means nothing...

Reactions: nccardfan
The problem is you don't discuss anything. True "discussion" requires comprehension and rationality, traits lacking in the average slapd!ck. You're simply here because you have posting privileges, which means nothing...

I get to use this two times in the same thread! Stoked

66040229.jpg

Reactions: UL_1986
lol, you’re a fool.

Reactions: zipp and Jesse82
Hmmm.…….for whom should I play? Cal or Coach K? Coach K or Cal? Hmmmm…..?

You did get one thing right, "That don't happen magically." I would have said doesn't, but wtf do I know?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT