ADVERTISEMENT

Don't get the second stringers down 10-7

80_86

5000+
Jul 11, 2002
In this game, we need to score or the defense will wear out against Georgia's running game. Down 10-7, why then does Petrino bring Reggie and Scott in? As we saw, it didn't work out and now we're down 17-7. Both Bolin and Radcliff are playing well so I don't get why both were taken out after we got down by a FG.

So far, the Cards are being outcoached.

Petrino's mancrush on Reggie is costing the Cards. For the life of me, I don't get why so many are impressed with Bonnafon. There's a lot of guys who can run the ball other than the QB.

Took my thoughts right from my head. Out coached on both sides thus far. I just have never understood two quarterbacks. Can anyone name a pair /team it's worked for? Serious question.

Originally posted by 80,86:

Petrino's mancrush on Reggie is costing the Cards. For the life of me, I don't get why so many are impressed with Bonnafon. There's a lot of guys who can run the ball other than the QB.
SERIOUSLY you are a hypocrit. I DO AGREE WITH WHAT YOU SAID. You go all gooey over Jones being the worst PG in basketball and call fans out trying to be mommy and the post THAT.

Originally posted by SpotHogCard:

Originally posted by 80,86:

SERIOUSLY you are a hypocrit. I DO AGREE WITH WHAT YOU SAID. You go all gooey over Jones being the worst PG in basketball and call fans out trying to be mommy and the post THAT.
Jones has a record of winning here dude. He was a key member of last years 30 win season. What in the hell has Reggie done? And I'm not saying Reggie is being selfish, he's just green as hell. My defense of Jones was for all of those attacking him personally. Saying he was playing for himself. Why don't you try reading comprehension before you start calling people hypocrits.

Originally posted by SpotHogCard:
GARBAGE, you talk out of both sides of your hypocritical mouth.
Whatever. You can go back and look at every one of my posts about Jones. I took issue with the personal attacks, not his play. I wasn't all that upset that he saw the bench today. His zeal to win gets the best of him and he makes mistakes. He needed to feel the pine today. Unlike many others, I don't hate Chris Jones....and I don't hate Reggie Bonnafon.

Execution pretty bad the last few minutes of the first half. Please no more personnel changes so the offense can find its rhythm again.

Took my thoughts right from my head. Out coached on both sides thus far. I just have never understood two quarterbacks. Can anyone name a pair /team it's worked for? Serious question.

The 2004 Louisville Cardinals

Coached by Bobby Petrino.

I was pissed off at the decision to put Reggie in, but there's nothing awe-inspiring about Bolin to make me second-guess Bobby now that the game is over. You can blame his performance on the substitution, but it's clear that he doesn't know how to read defenses very well (not yet, anyway- he is just a freshman.)

Bottom line: We got beat by a better team with more depth than us. Plain and simple.

The coaching staff rolled the dice on some things because we were likely going to need some special plays to win this one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT