ADVERTISEMENT

Does Petrino make it past Saturday?

Pitino is wrong. Per testimony at the trial, Kenny Johnson handed Brian Bowen Senior $1300 cash while UofL was already on probation for Pitino’s hookergate BS. He’s going to get nothing.

The guy was apparently the Sergeant Schulz of college basketball.
You need a reference for that "on probation" trigger date. Thus far, I can't find it.

And the misbehavior of Pitino's subordinates was without his knowledge. The FBI affirmed at trial that the schools were victimized by low-level operatives on the coaching staffs and shoe companies. None of that undermines Pitino's position that he was clean and victimized by those same operatives. Nor was any evidence revealed that Pitino knew anything about pay-for-play...

Pitino has always said he didn't know in that context it did help his case. The problem is his assistants broke NCAA rules multiple times. He is responsible for their actions. I don't think he gets it all, but he will get something. The fact that he can even claim anything speaks to the contract.
Pitino's prior contract stipulated that he was NOT responsible for his assistants breaking NCAA rules. His current contract is ambiguous in that regard. That "responsibility" will be decided at trial...

Without his knowledge my ass!

If I, as a fan, thought it was a red flag that a 5 star recruit landed in our lap without being recruited, it for damn sure should’ve rang alarm bells for Pitino.
He knew.
He was fired for cause.
3 strikes.
You’re out!

Without his knowledge my ass!

If I, as a fan, thought it was a red flag that a 5 star recruit landed in our lap without being recruited, it for damn sure should’ve rang alarm bells for Pitino.
He knew.
He was fired for cause.
3 strikes.
You’re out!
It doesn't matter what you or I think. It's what the evidence shows...

Last edited:
Pitino is wrong. Per testimony at the trial, Kenny Johnson handed Brian Bowen Senior $1300 cash while UofL was already on probation for Pitino’s hookergate BS. He’s going to get nothing.

The guy was apparently the Sergeant Schulz of college basketball.

I love the Sergeant Schultz reference, it's perfect!!
(For you younger guys, just Google "Sargeant Schultz".)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT