ADVERTISEMENT

Does Lamar get Heisman Invite as top 5 player?

glassmanJ

2500+
Jan 26, 2007
obviously, for those into semantics, he's getting invited anyways because he's a former winner, and i would guess he'll get the votes but jt barrett just got picked over him in the top 3 of another award for the best qb and it makes me wonder if voters will completely ignore that he's better than last year and not give him enough votes to attend. pat forde at least has him as #2 but i guess it wouldn't surprise me if he isn't invited, which would be sad

Reactions: American Male
It’s been discussed locally and the consensus even among his original doubters is that it’s just plain ridiculous if he isn’t invited as a finalist. Still, it’s not likely to happen.

Lamar will be there in NY this year and every year after, along with all the other past winners. His Heisman season and his true class ranks up there with all the Barry Sanders type greats which is a short list.

It all depends upon how close LJ is to those players at the top - particularly the 3rd and 4th vote getters going into the final vote. The Heisman has invited a little more than 4 players on average and usually invites those who statistically have a shot. Mayfield's recent buffoonery will certainly bring him back to the pack and could have a positive impact on whether LJ gets an invite as a player - rather than as a former winner.

The were showing him as #3 on the crawler last night in the Top 25 show.

He certainly deserves to get a chuck of votes and be a finalist.

He should win the award. He won't unfortunately due to the BS involved, and he has been overlooked all season but he will be invited to NY.

The $$ and ratings involved on having him invite are reason enough, let alone his performance

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT