ADVERTISEMENT

Do the Cards have a significant win?

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
I know I know, it doesn't matter what pundits say. But I just heard on a show on ESPN where the host told his co hosts that Louisville has no significant wins. That's right. The 43 point win over the 2nd ranked Florida State Seminoles, with their roster of dudes, is not a significant win. And the thing is, the other two didn't say, WHAT?

I know FSU isn't #2 anymore but how in the world are they not a significant win? It's the same mindset that Houston would no longer be a significant win because they lost a game. For most of the sports media Louisville is not a team they want to see in the playoff, even with a player like Lamar Jackson. What else explains these comments?

Reactions: Mayoman
For most of the sports media Louisville is not a team they want to see in the playoff, even with a player like Lamar Jackson. What else explains these comments?

I've been trying to explain this. Louisville is not on an even playing field, vis-a-vis the playoffs, without a conference title. What you have to understand is, in the eyes of the committee, it's not going to be a simple comparison between Louisville and the other teams, because a conference championship is going to be a factor.

So, when the broadcaster says the Florida St win isn't significant, he doesn't mean that in a general sense. He means that specifically in the context of making the playoffs.

Now, if Clemson does a faceplant and Louisville wins the conference, problem solved. Or, if some other teams end up with multiple losses, it's a different game. However, the comments are based on how things stand as of now.

I've been trying to explain this. Louisville is not on an even playing field, vis-a-vis the playoffs, without a conference title. What you have to understand is, in the eyes of the committee, it's not going to be a simple comparison between Louisville and the other teams, because a conference championship is going to be a factor.

So, when the broadcaster says the Florida St win isn't significant, he doesn't mean that in a general sense. He means that specifically in the context of making the playoffs.

Now, if Clemson does a faceplant and Louisville wins the conference, problem solved. Or, if some other teams end up with multiple losses, it's a different game. However, the comments are based on how things stand as of now.
No, that was not what he meant. One of the two co hosts had Louisville at #5 in his top 5 and the host was surprised and said even without a significant win. I was waiting for him to say FSU but he just shook his head.

You want to believe this so bad you'll post it where ever you can, in BOLD and with UNDERLINES!!!! You've stated your opinion already, move along. No one cares what you think.

We don't need your knowledge. How many threads are you going to post the same thing in?

You want to believe this so bad you'll post it where ever you can, in BOLD and with UNDERLINES!!!! You've stated your opinion already, move along. No one cares what you think.

I'll continue to post as much as I please. If you don't like what I post, don't read it.

We don't need your knowledge. How many threads are you going to post the same thing in?

You could the same thing of the OP, and yourself.

Reactions: PushupMan
Look guys, I just was watching that show tonight and was surprised what was said. I like to get feedback from this board on things like this. I didn't want to start a argument. A lot of things have been said about how and if Louisville can make the playoff. That is getting old, but for a ESPN host to not include FSU as a significant win had to be challenged.

Look guys, I just was watching that show tonight and was surprised what was said. I like to get feedback from this board on things like this. I didn't want to start a argument. A lot of things have been said about how and if Louisville can make the playoff. That is getting old, but for a ESPN host to not include FSU as a significant win had to be challenged.
Valid post, and valid challenge. The only argument started was with the tiger clown who keeps posting the exact same opinion in every thread he gets a chance to, whether it's relevant to the discussion or not.

I find it interesting that the 4 teams who made the playoffs last year were ranked 1-4-7& 15 in the first playoff poll. For 2014 the only rankings I could find for the first week the teams were 2-7-8 and Ohio State not in the Top 10.

OP, it's just another example of how poor a job ESPN and its analysts do of covering the sport. FSU is a quality win for sure.

I don't think it's a conspiracy against UofL, they are just not very knowledgeable.

You do as you please, and I'll read what I want to. Your opinion is irrelevant here. Remember that.

The entire board's opinion is irrelevant. Nothing you post on here will affect who gets into the playoffs, what ESPN says, etc. Again, I'll post whatever I feel like, whenever I feel like. Remember that.

Valid post, and valid challenge. The only argument started was with the tiger clown who keeps posting the exact same opinion in every thread he gets a chance to, whether it's relevant to the discussion or not.

You're stating your exact same opinion, whether it's relevant or not. In fact, that's all this entire thread is. It's just a rehash of a previous topic. You just can't refute what I say on a factual basis, thus the resort to childish namecalling.

This tiger a$$hat believes that if he evokes the words "conference champ" more times than everyone else posts, he will win at some level of his psychosis. All issues center on him and his debate.

Just keep showering the love that he deserves...
I bet he realizes that they are fortunate that they have played their toughest opponents at home.

The entire board's opinion is irrelevant. Nothing you post on here will affect who gets into the playoffs, what ESPN says, etc. Again, I'll post whatever I feel like, whenever I feel like. Remember that.

You're stating your exact same opinion, whether it's relevant or not. In fact, that's all this entire thread is. It's just a rehash of a previous topic. You just can't refute what I say on a factual basis, thus the resort to childish namecalling.

I am just real happy that us dumb ole UofL fans have a real smart guy like you to explain all of this to us. WTH without you we'd still be living in the stone age. I'm not sure what makes you such an expert but I'd sure like to have you explain that situation. And by the way, you still haven't disclosed whom you are a fan of.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

So one (1) ESPN talking head raises a question about UL quality wins and someone believes it has validity?

The FSU win speaks for itself, and frankly anyone who minimizes the quality of that beat down has absolutely no credibility. Our win over an average Syracuse team in the Carrier Dome is still a quality win, particularly in the manner that we dominated the yardage. Duke's win at ND may not be evidence of a great Blue Devil team, but it certainly indicates that any win over a Cutcliffe team is worthy of respect.

It's already been debated back and forth, you clearly missed it since you've already made up your mind. We get it. If you don't want to be called a clown, don't come on a rival's board and act like one. This isn't difficult. You can do what you like, and we will respond how we like. Clown.

Reactions: zipp

Nuts! Nutz! Nada! U r without merit and ur opinion is 'nuts'. Go away.

If FSU keeps winning, it will become a very significant win soon enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT