ADVERTISEMENT

DJ Wagner In Portal

CPFK in no way goes after him. He cant shoot or guard. He honestly looks like the exact opposite of what he wants.

Cardblood called it with Wagner when we were going after him. He simply isnt that good. I honestly have no idea why Cal started him over Sheppard......stupid!

No idea but some think he'll just follow Cal to Arkansas.
I don't think he fits Cal's system. He's more of a physical attacking guard rather than a guy who can fill it up from three or stop and pop from mid-range. That is why Dillingham and Sheppard did better than him

Reactions: shadow force
CPFK in no way goes after him. He cant shoot or guard. He honestly looks like the exact opposite of what he wants.

Cardblood called it with Wagner when we were going after him. He simply isnt that good. I honestly have no idea why Cal started him over Sheppard......stupid!
It was definitely a nod to the relationship with the Wagner family. Not to discredit DJ because he is talented but that's the only real scenario I saw that situation being

I don't think he fits Cal's system. He's more of a physical attacking guard rather than a guy who can fill it up from three or stop and pop from mid-range. That is why Dillingham and Sheppard did better than him
i disagree, cal wants the dribble-drive to the hoop type of player and from what i saw of him he constantly went to the hoop. like siva used to do. just didn't play d and that's where cal has really suffered over the years. he doesn;t play zone so every one has to play man up D. in most cases, in the past, his players were better than the opponents so they could stop the them and win. they won in 2012 because AD was the most dominant defender in college since patrick ewing and when their guards couldn't stop the opponent, AD was there to be a backstop to guard the rim. he won that title for them but they have not had a rim protector since, as with 99% of schools. but DJ fits his system perfectly but they just couldn't stop anyone. they were top 5 scoring i think but played worse d than us.

M.Pope and the kitty cat fans @ pep rally before.. After realizing it was Cal who was getting the top recruits and not UK
College Basketball Dancing GIF by NCAA March Madness
crushed noo GIF

Reactions: KozmasAgain
There was absolutely nothing in his freshman year at UK that would distinguish him as worthy of UL's consideration. As for me, I hope I never hear the Wagner name related to UL again. Milt was great when he played here, and he was one of my favorites, but once he left the Campus as a player, he did nothing to endear himself to me or this University.

I think DJ is a little high strung… but with that being said. I also know that he is a competitive hard nosed and extremely talented kid, And I’m quite confident that once he gets his mind right… he will be one of the best guards in the country. I also think that if things fell into place and the stars lined up, PK could bring the best out of DJ. He just needs to get his confidence back… he will play in the NBA on day.
I would like to see him turn it around right here.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
There was absolutely nothing in his freshman year at UK that would distinguish him as worthy of UL's consideration. As for me, I hope I never hear the Wagner name related to UL again. Milt was great when he played here, and he was one of my favorites, but once he left the Campus as a player, he did nothing to endear himself to me or this University.
True story. My first day on campus my freshman year I was walking from 1st street to class and as I was passing the Red Barn I saw this brand new gold mercedes with an ICEMAN license plate and my first thought was, Camden must not be as bad as everyone says. It is. He got paid well and never gave anything back.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2330859
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT