ADVERTISEMENT

Different kind of time line

Dec 16, 2015
We've all seen these various time lines of when things rolled down at Louisville. There seems to be conversation somewhere every day about a 'death penalty'.
I read the FBI has told the NCAA to hold off until they were done. The Justice Department attorneys may request the same if they prosecute whoever they finally find.

So....this FBI part has gone three years so far.
The NCAA is making some kind of decision on the Powell case now due in January 2018. The big issue is who was an active player in 2013, it seems.

When you look at the speed of this, it could take another three to four years before the NCAA makes a decision.
The kids that are the focus of the bribe will be graduated or pro players.
Tom Jurich will literally be eligible for Medicare.
In all likelihood, there will be three quarters of a new BOT, school president, even governor of the state by then.
The biggest shame is the kids looking at penalties are thirteen and fourteen right now.
If memory serves me right, UKs last major penalty took about three or four months from start to finish. The Sutton fiasco not even that long.
This deal happening to you guys right now is slow torture by paper cut, and THAT's what's not fair to the players and coaches not involved.
Look, if the program is found to be dirty, fine. Levy the penalty and let Louisville rebuild. if it isn't found non -compliant, that's cool too. Then maybe this sham of amateur athletics can disappear. College basketball needs a strong Louisville vs Kentucky, or Duke, or North Carolina.
Collateral damage is never pretty. The longer this plays on, the more there will be.

Reactions: trinity45
We've all seen these various time lines of when things rolled down at Louisville. There seems to be conversation somewhere every day about a 'death penalty'.
I read the FBI has told the NCAA to hold off until they were done. The Justice Department attorneys may request the same if they prosecute whoever they finally find.

So....this FBI part has gone three years so far.
The NCAA is making some kind of decision on the Powell case now due in January 2018. The big issue is who was an active player in 2013, it seems.

When you look at the speed of this, it could take another three to four years before the NCAA makes a decision.
The kids that are the focus of the bribe will be graduated or pro players.
Tom Jurich will literally be eligible for Medicare.
In all likelihood, there will be three quarters of a new BOT, school president, even governor of the state by then.
The biggest shame is the kids looking at penalties are thirteen and fourteen right now.
If memory serves me right, UKs last major penalty took about three or four months from start to finish. The Sutton fiasco not even that long.
This deal happening to you guys right now is slow torture by paper cut, and THAT's what's not fair to the players and coaches not involved.
Look, if the program is found to be dirty, fine. Levy the penalty and let Louisville rebuild. if it isn't found non -compliant, that's cool too. Then maybe this sham of amateur athletics can disappear. College basketball needs a strong Louisville vs Kentucky, or Duke, or North Carolina.
Collateral damage is never pretty. The longer this plays on, the more there will be.

i-have-too-much-time-on-my-hands.jpg

Reactions: zipp and Cue Card
Who is the OP? He emerges suddenly, and now he's an authority? Is he a U of L fan, a slapd!ck, or other?...

Great, as if we needed another. And unlike John, they all seem to be authorities...

Theyre in hawg heaven.

Let them have their fun.

Its not like their football team will do anything.

The best their basketball will look will be at big blew Sadness.
Theyll underachieve-again with a plethora of 5 stars.
Blame it on a ref and publish his personal information.

All they have left is to be placed on UofL's BOT.

Reactions: PHCARD
Slapdick is fine. Retired. College sports fan. Like to discuss. Authority? Nah. Been through this stuff...you bet.
Enjoying you guys going through it? Notsomuch.
Actually have seen some of you guys on other boards. Some pretty impressive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT