ADVERTISEMENT

Desmond Howard just called Jackson a decent passer

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
WOW! Desmond Howard just showed his ignorance or he's not a fan of UofL football. In a span of one minute he said the following.

Lamar Jackson is the only offense for Louisville.
Louisville doesn't have the talent around him to support Jackson like Watson does.
Jackson has to run or the Cards will lose. If Jackson has to use his arm Clemson will win.
Watson doesn't have to run to win against the Cards defense,
Jackson is a decent passer.
The Cards haven't seen a big game like this.

I know it doesn't matter what these so called experts think, after all they all picked FSU over the Cards, but this continued disrespect and refusal to accept the Cards as more than Jackson just pisses me off. All week, each ESPN pundit has said the same thing. Louisville is not the kind of program to win on the road at Clemson even with the best QB in the country. I wonder if Lee Corso picks the Cards tomorrow or is he still upset at James Quick's catch against FSU?

I think Herbstreit might pick us but he's calling the game so he can't. I've seen just one person actually pick the Cards on ESPN but he's a show host and not considered a pundit. With the Clemson player's trash talk and the entire sports media against them, the Cards have a lot of bulletin board material.

And before those who ask why do I care there's no need. In the scheme of things it's the victory that matters and that I care about. I just think it's interesting that someone like Desmond Howard would actually believe the things he said. I watch game day every week regardless of where they're at and this is the first time he's seem so clueless. This is why I started a thread. I'm now going to sit back and watch the Stanford/Washington game.

He can make a valid argument for all his points.
Agreed. This year's group has yet to see an opponent and atmosphere like the one they will face tomorrow night. IMO they will pass the test. Desmond disagrees. No biggee.

Des won the Heisman with a 'decent passer' throwing to him (Elvis Grbac).

He can make a valid argument for all his points.
No he can't and he didn't. Louisville is far more than Jackson. Radcliff, Quick and the defense have all played great. It's just the usual we can't accept a outsider crashing the big boy party. FSU was bad but Clemson losing at home at night they just can't fathom. Howard has to say something so he goes with the usual crap associated with teams he considers on the outside.

Meh...the analysts have trumpeted The Cards and Jackson most of this early season so far. As Kirk Herbstreit said recently, "I HAVE to talk about somebody else (other than Jackson) at some point". This is their chance to negate the appearance of riding UofL/Jackson's jock so far this year. We are new to this rarified air; Clemson has been here. This is our chance to A) Show we CAN beat a top rated defense, and B) Show we CAN win against the best on the road.

Last edited:
You're too sensitive. Waaaaay too easily offended. Just enjoy the national coverage salivating over our game.
It's one thing picking Clemson because you think they have the talent to win but it's another thing not picking Louisville because they're a one man team. One is true and honest and the other is false and deceitful.

It's one thing picking Clemson because you think they have the talent to win but it's another thing not picking Louisville because they're a one man team. One is true and honest and the other is false and deceitful.
Most top teams have 1 great player who makes them go. Put Bolin in there and the offense would come back to earth. I agree with the others on this thread. You are to sensitive.

Meh...the analysts have trumpeted The Cards and Jackson most of this early season so far. As Kirk Herbstreit said recently, "I HAVE to talk about somebody else (other than Jackson) at some point". This is their chance to negate the appearance of riding UofL/Jackson's jock so far this year. We are new to this rarified air; Clemson has been here. This is our chance to A) Show we CAN beat a top rated defense, and B) Show we CAN win against the best on the road.
As the great Rick Flair says- To be the man you have to beat the man. After my Cats and your Cards win Saturday night you guys will be a clear #1.

The doubters are going to be there until we win at this level. Even Petrino, as well respected as he is as a football coach, has not gone on the road and beaten a top 5 ranked team in his career. We have our chance to turn the doubters into believers tomorrow, and that's a blessing in itself. Consider Houston's situation - they don't get this opportunity because of their conference affilation, and they have to hope UofL and Oklahoma keep winning just to have a chance at the playoff.

WOW! Desmond Howard just showed his ignorance or he's not a fan of UofL football. In a span of one minute he said the following.

Louisville doesn't have the talent around him to support Jackson like Watson does.
Jackson has to run or the Cards will lose. If Jackson has to use his arm Clemson will win.

I know it doesn't matter what these so called experts think, after all they all picked FSU over the Cards, but this continued disrespect and refusal to accept the Cards as more than Jackson just pisses me off. All week, each ESPN pundit has said the same thing. Louisville is not the kind of program to win on the road at Clemson even with the best QB in the country. I wonder if Lee Corso picks the Cards tomorrow or is he still upset at James Quick's catch against FSU?

I think Herbstreit might pick us but he's calling the game so he can't. I've seen just one person actually pick the Cards on ESPN but he's a show host and not considered a pundit. With the Clemson player's trash talk and the entire sports media against them, the Cards have a lot of bulletin board material.

Clearly what Howard REALLY meant when he said "Clemson" was the SEC - just like Finebaum the other night when he compared UL to Clemson and FSU. And when he said Jackson throws "OK", what he REALLY meant was compared to SEC QB's.

Can't fool me.

He has some sort of dislike for Lamar the other day i heard him say "Lamar Jackson shouldn't win the Heisman he's not even the best player in college football Christian McCaffery is"just like they all picked Florida to beat the cards in the bowl game we get to sit back and watch them all choke on crow.If Louisville should lose they will drop out of the top ten so fast it will make your head spin.

The doubt won't go away until they win it all they doubt the cards against Houston after this game then they will say the cards can't win a playoff game if they win it all they will say we can't do it again and go back to back. I say when all these idiots come here to call a game they should say "we are all out of hotel rooms booked solid however there are some rooms available at a motel right off the Bardstown Road exit at a little motel next to Thorntons gas station.

The one statistic they throw out about LJs passing that tells me they have not really watched him. And that's completion %. They argue he is only completing 59% of his passes. Then they compare him to guys playing in the spread like Mahommes at Texas Tech. 90% of those guys passes don't go 10 yards past the line of scrimmage. I will bet LJ has thrown more passes that have traveled more than 30 yards past the line of scrimmage than anyone in the Country. Our course your going to have a lower % than the dinkers & dunkers that run the spread. And if your good like LJ, your going to have a lot more big plays also.

Reactions: American Male
Just win tomorrow and all the doubts go away. The FSU win is such anomaly that people are almost tossing it as such - an anomaly.
I think you make an excellent point. The outcome of the FSU game was video game like, so it's been cast aside as an anomaly. Oddly enough, had the Cards won by less than 43 over the #2 team in the country, they might have garnered even more respect nationally.

Chalk up two more ESPN experts picking Clemson. Danny Kanel and his buddy. To my count that makes it 6 to 1 this week in favor of Clemson.
Corso picks Clemson and their fans BOO ???
They think he's a jinx because he's not been very good making picks.

The doubters are going to be there until we win at this level. Even Petrino, as well respected as he is as a football coach, has not gone on the road and beaten a top 5 ranked team in his career...
How many times has Petrino been the favorite over those Top 5 teams? Honest question because I don't know the answer.

We hear a lot of those kinda stats, but there are often just as compelling stats on the flipside. For example--and I don't know the exact stat--but Petrino's got a pretty strong record playing as the favorite. Unless the line has swung again, that's what he's playing as tonite. And I'm sure that stat includes road games...

How many times has Petrino been the favorite over those Top 5 teams? Honest question because I don't know the answer.

We hear a lot of those kinda stats.

There are a lot of relevant follow-up questions.

How many opportunities has Petrino had against the T5 teams?

What are other coaches records vs the T5?

I remember we had a great thread a few years back that showed nearly all coaches struggled win % against T5, T10, T25 opponents.

Petrino is 1-0 vs the T5 this year.

Chalk up two more ESPN experts picking Clemson. Danny Kanel and his buddy. To my count that makes it 6 to 1 this week in favor of Clemson.

They think he's a jinx because he's not been very good making picks.
And don't forget all 5 college football writers for CBS Sports.com picked Clemson.

The national folks have already pulled the "FSU is not that good card" so no excuses tonight from the national sports media if the Cards win tonight at Clemson. None.

Reactions: Deeva
Question: if we win will Desmond come back and say he was wrong . . . Naaaaa I did't think so. I guess that makes him just a very, very average talking head.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: WKCard
Chalk up two more ESPN experts picking Clemson. Danny Kanel and his buddy...
"Danny" picked Stanford last nite too. Has he been talking about that today?

These guys aren't called "talking heads" for no good reason...

Reactions: gocds
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT