ADVERTISEMENT

Deng Adel- Has a shot at being a Francisco Garcia-type player...

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Another talented freshman on the wing, Deng Adel, has been tasked with finishing better, Pitino said. He has already made significant progress with the arc on his jump shot after coming to school with a line-drive shot.

"I think he’s going to be very, very special," Pitino said. "He makes great moves. He does some outstanding things. He’s got to learn to finish. He’s the kind of guy who will make an incredible move and miss the shot inside. I think he has a legitimate shot at being a Francisco Garcia-type player, if not better.

Gotta improve his basketball IQ to be mentioned alongside Cisco. But Adel is probably a better athlete at this point of his development...

Gotta improve his basketball IQ to be mentioned alongside Cisco. But Adel is probably a better athlete at this point of his development...

Agreed on both points. Adel also hasn't proven to be the outside shooter Cisco was either though his overall game looks quite promising. That monster dunk against Pitt was a nice showing of his athleticism. With the injury causing his freshman season to be abbreviated, I hope we get to see more of what Deng can do next season.

Last edited:
Adel is going to be a special player. Right now he is a pure athlete playing basketball. Once he becomes a basketball player who is also a pure athlete, watch out!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT