ADVERTISEMENT

Dd you catch what Lamar said

MDCardsFan

500+
Sep 21, 2015
During ACC media day coverage on Friday on ESPNU Lamar Jackson said that he didn't know much of the offensive plays much during the season, and we STILL won 9 games (including the bowl win over Texas A&M) and we came back 21 down against the kitty cats @ there place, just imagine how our offense will be and look like now that Lamar has gotten more familiar and use to his teammates!!

As usual for me--and in an effort to moderate a full blown fever--I wanna see just how much Lamar has learned before I get too optimistic. I can "imagine" plenty good, but the game isn't played with anyone's imagination.

Lamar doesn't have to be great if he's just made significant improvement. I'll settle for what would be expected progress. The guy's still just starting his second year in the program behind what is an unproven O-line as well, until it proves to be more. If everyone on the offensive side of the ball has made an expected level of improvement, we will be pretty good. If a number of those guys have made great strides, with their talent, they'll have me eating my words.

And I'm hoping for that...

During ACC media day coverage on Friday on ESPNU Lamar Jackson said that he didn't know much of the offensive plays much during the season, and we STILL won 9 games (including the bowl win over Texas A&M) and we came back 21 down against the kitty cats @ there place, just imagine how our offense will be and look like now that Lamar has gotten more familiar and use to his teammates!!

Love it! I really think he is going to be outstanding this year. He is a special special talent!

Reactions: wilkie01
He's not eligible to be a Heisman candidate is he? I am in no way saying he'll win it, just asking if he's eligible or not.

Reactions: wilkie01
I'm with Zipp.

Teddy had a pretty good grip on CCS's offense as a Fr, and LJ says he "didn't know much" of CBP's.

There could be a number of reasons for this of course, but again....Teddy put in the effort needed to be ready as a Fr.

I wanna see how much effort LJ's put in this year before I nominate him for the Heisman.

He'll still be pretty darn good just winging it again, but if he's learned how to be a QB......:)

Reactions: zipp
I'm with Zipp.

Teddy had a pretty good grip on CCS's offense as a Fr, and LJ says he "didn't know much" of CBP's.

There could be a number of reasons for this of course, but again....Teddy put in the effort needed to be ready as a Fr.

I wanna see how much effort LJ's put in this year before I nominate him for the Heisman.

He'll still be pretty darn good just winging it again, but if he's learned how to be a QB......:)

I didn't see Zipp's post as I blocked his posts the other day because he loves to take opposite views all the time just to piss off everyone. But I assume it's similar to yours since you mentioned him.

Getting excited about LJ doesn't mean we are ready to crown him a Heisman candidate or AA. I just think he's gonna have a really good year...you can tell BP is excited about him too. If that's too much for some to handle I apologize.

I can handle about anything.

I handled CBP being "excited" about Bonnifon at QB. How'd that work out for him? He gets paid to be excited. I pay to be excited.

I think LJ is a very good, exciting player. If he's learned the position, then I will get more excited.

No one questions his athleticism, or arm strength. I think the one year of experience and his increased understanding of the passing routes alone will result in significant improvement. CBP is not one who is prone to overstate his players progress and he has been adamant about Lamar's maturation since the end of last season.

I'm with Zipp.

In defense of LJ, Charlie Strong's offensive philosophy was to run the clock and Teddy was masterful of bailing us out of huge holes. Petrino's offensive playbook probably is 10X more difficult to grasp.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
I can handle about anything.

I handled CBP being "excited" about Bonnifon at QB. How'd that work out for him? He gets paid to be excited. I pay to be excited.

I think LJ is a very good, exciting player. If he's learned the position, then I will get more excited.
Coach speak, on Bonnafon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT