ADVERTISEMENT

Davis' hit streak now at 22 games.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
25 games is the record held by UofL HOFer, Tommy Barnes (SS.) I knew Tommy well. Great guy who passed away from cancer at 40 in 2010. I reached out to his brother during the game last night. He definitely wants Tommy to maintain the record, but also hopes Davis gets there, if that makes any sense. It's bittersweet. Anyway, best of luck to Davis.

Whew, that was a long game last night. It was fun seeing the bats light up. And, does Luke Smith eat? Dude is skinny as a rail. I spent most of my undergrad years at WKU, but completed my degree at UofL. I'm a life long Cards fan, but I have a soft spot for Western. It was cool seeing the players from each team laugh and talk with one another, a friendly rivalry, if you will.

On to Notre Dame. Should be a tough series.

One last note- I was able to stream the game last night. Was that Jody Demling on the play by play? Who was the color commentator? Dude sounded high. He knew his stuff, though.

25 games is the record held by UofL HOFer, Tommy Barnes (SS.) I knew Tommy well. Great guy who passed away from cancer at 40 in 2010. I reached out to his brother during the game last night. He definitely wants Tommy to maintain the record, but also hopes Davis gets there, if that makes any sense. It's bittersweet. Anyway, best of luck to Davis.

Whew, that was a long game last night. It was fun seeing the bats light up. And, does Luke Smith eat? Dude is skinny as a rail. I spent most of my undergrad years at WKU, but completed my degree at UofL. I'm a life long Cards fan, but I have a soft spot for Western. It was cool seeing the players from each team laugh and talk with one another, a friendly rivalry, if you will.

One last note- I was able to stream the game last night. Was that Jody Demling on the play by play? Who was the color commentator? Dude sounded high. He knew his stuff, though.

Cole Sturgeon is with Jodie. I have thought the same thing about Luke Smith this year being unhealthily thin looking. But I'm used to being in person watching, and from my mobile view he just didn't look the same.

Go Oh Henry!

Reactions: CardX

CardX,

I too have a soft spot for WKU. It seems to me that baseball is a little different than other sports when it comes to rivalries. It can be fierce during the game but there is a lot of mutual respect other times. I think its because most of these guys know each other and grew up playing against each other.

Go Cards!

Reactions: CardX
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT