ADVERTISEMENT

Dare I say it?

If that is the case, then shouldn't Saban be fired for being disinterested 2 years in a row?
eek.r191677.gif

The SEC's last win in the Sugar Bowl was after the 2009 season, when Florida (coached by Urban Meyer) drilled coach-less Cincinnati 51-24 on January 1, 2010.

The SEC participant in the game has now lost the last three games (Florida to UofL, Alabama to Oklahoma, and Alabama to Ohio State).

The SEC's losing streak is actually four games, but with an asterisk. On January 4th, 2011, Arkansas (coached by Bobby Petrino) lost to Ohio State 31-26, but Ohio State's win was later vacated due to NCAA violations.

What's a playoff game compared to competing in the $EC?

How can they possibly get e cited after playing ol piss, MSU, LSU, and Auburn?

A ...... Er ......never mind
Posted from Rivals Mobile

alabama has lost their last 3 Sugar Bowls.

Last nite they lost to a 3rd string QB.

$EC West 2-5 in bowl games, yet at one point, all 7 were ranked.

Bama never punished for its 1 point win over Arkansas , who was in the middle of losing 19 or
so consecutive conference games.

The expoSECed conference will get 2 or 3 in the playoffs next years playoff. Espin will see to it.

Originally posted by KerryRhodes:
alabama has lost their last 3 Sugar Bowls.

Last nite they lost to a 3rd string QB.

$EC West 2-5 in bowl games, yet at one point, all 7 were ranked.

Bama never punished for its 1 point win over Arkansas , who was in the middle of losing 19 or
so consecutive conference games.

The expoSECed conference will get 2 or 3 in the playoffs next years playoff. Espin will see to it.
The SEC West got expose...but that Ohio State 3rd String QB is going to play on Sunday's...dude looks like Cam Newton...he can flat out ball...

The whole thing about being disinterested is someone who phones in a bowl performance in a game they were disappointed to be in. Bama was in the Final 4, so there's no way it would apply. Ironically I felt TCU had all the earmarks of being the "disinterested" team this year, having been shafted out of the playoff.

Last year with Alabama, okay, that was textbook being disinterested. Losing a once in the lifetime crazy game to Auburn that knocks them out of the title game, then having a Sugar Bowl consolation vs. Oklahoma. I can see someone not giving a crap about being there, much like the 2008 team that lost to Florida in the SEC title game and then could have cared less about playing Utah in the Sugar Bowl.

I get it, but enough already
we got posterized by an SEC team
let's focus on us being interested enough to get better

Originally posted by Cabbageboy:
The whole thing about being disinterested is someone who phones in a bowl performance in a game they were disappointed to be in. Bama was in the Final 4, so there's no way it would apply. Ironically I felt TCU had all the earmarks of being the "disinterested" team this year, having been shafted out of the playoff.

Last year with Alabama, okay, that was textbook being disinterested. Losing a once in the lifetime crazy game to Auburn that knocks them out of the title game, then having a Sugar Bowl consolation vs. Oklahoma. I can see someone not giving a crap about being there, much like the 2008 team that lost to Florida in the SEC title game and then could have cared less about playing Utah in the Sugar Bowl.
Learn sarcasm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT