ADVERTISEMENT

CSS recruiting.......

Louis III

3500+
Gold Member
Jul 26, 2018
looks like he is off and running. Hated to see the scholly's pulled from the 3 kids, especially the Larue County kid, but to be expected. Systems are night and day different and with so few scolarships available, I'm sure he was looking for specific positions. I watched some of an App St game from earlier this year and their offensive linemen get out in space a lot! I've heard the zone blocking scheme requires that, but didn't realize just how much these guys are moving around. Folks have talked about a rebuild, but this is a retool/rebuild+.

looks like he is off and running. Hated to see the scholly's pulled from the 3 kids, especially the Larue County kid, but to be expected. Systems are night and day different and with so few scolarships available, I'm sure he was looking for specific positions. I watched some of an App St game from earlier this year and their offensive linemen get out in space a lot! I've heard the zone blocking scheme requires that, but didn't realize just how much these guys are moving around. Folks have talked about a rebuild, but this is a retool/rebuild+.
Yea, I really hate to see the rug pulled from under kids who have done nothing wrong, but it's first and foremost a business. They'll all land on their feet. I'm most interested in seeing how many kids our new staff can pull together in such a short timeframe. They absolutely have to be kids who can contribute in a year or two.

Reactions: CardCasey
Yea, I really hate to see the rug pulled from under kids who have done nothing wrong, but it's first and foremost a business. They'll all land on their feet. I'm most interested in seeing how many kids our new staff can pull together in such a short timeframe. They absolutely have to be kids who can contribute in a year or two.
Don’t feel bad for the kids. It’s better than them coming here to play a position where we are deep and more than likely getting recruited over if the staff gets momentum. Getting buried on the bench and not helping their future. IMO he’s doing them a favor by cutting them loose to go where they are needed. Glass half full? Empty?

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
I'm fine with the moves. It's still early enough these kids can go to Plan B and still get a scholly. And unlike DA Nick Coffee kept saying they have not had their scholarships pulled but their scholarship offers. Bet their HS coaches especially Big Blue nation Franklin Simpson's. started different kids than their predecessors did. Hope this means we're getting better prospects at their positions.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
I feel bad for the kid that was going to be a early enrollee, especially since it looks like he was being told his scholly was still good by someone at UofL. Ultimately for his college playing prospects it’s better that he go to play for a coach that values his skills but it still stinks to have that 10 days before he is supposed to finish high school.

Recruiting is a difficult situation - as evidenced by the amount of kids that voluntarily decommitted over the course of the last 2 months because they didn’t like UofL’s situation. When the school does it - it seems worse - though it shouldn’t. I will say - if it’s true that Tyra or someone else told them that their schollys would be honored - they should have followed through on that but, been honest and let them know there would be a change in style that might affect their ability to get out in the field. That would have been fair.

It happens everywhere and more often than we think - however as with everything of the last three years - Louisville becomes the whipping boy.

Recruiting is a difficult situation - as evidenced by the amount of kids that voluntarily decommitted over the course of the last 2 months because they didn’t like UofL’s situation. When the school does it - it seems worse - though it shouldn’t. I will say - if it’s true that Tyra or someone else told them that their schollys would be honored - they should have followed through on that but, been honest and let them know there would be a change in style that might affect their ability to get out in the field. That would have been fair.

It happens everywhere and more often than we think - however as with everything of the last three years - Louisville becomes the whipping boy.
Vince NQ had no business making a commitment for a cosch who wasn’t in place yet. I hope he did not do that.

I'm fine with the moves. It's still early enough these kids can go to Plan B and still get a scholly. And unlike DA Nick Coffee kept saying they have not had their scholarships pulled but their scholarship offers. Bet their HS coaches especially Big Blue nation Franklin Simpson's. started different kids than their predecessors did. Hope this means we're getting better prospects at their positions.

It isnt that early. One of thes kids was planning on enrolling at UL next month, so everything is in limbo for him with a pretty short time frame to see what happens and be able to make a decision. I know this happens everywhere, so certainly not singling out UL, but I do think this type of thing needs to change.

This is what should happen. Explain to them they might not fit the new system and if they want to look elsewhere let them, but if not honor the scholarship. The kid from Franklin-Simpson was planning on enrolling next month, was supposedly told his scholarship offer was going to be honored, and then all of a sudden it all changed at no fault of his. Plus, I think one reason he picked UL in the first place was due to what he wanted to study and for academic reasons along with football reasons. I get coaches want their guys, and I dont blame them, but being fair to the kids should also have some priority.

What does the NQ stand for? Forgive my ignorance.
I don’t get into all the drama, but.....;)

FWIW , I think the NQ is “no quotation” marks.

You know how Zipp always says “Vince”? Well they say Vince NQ :confused:

I think o_O

This is why the NCAA has issues with these types of things and opens itself to criticism so often. They want it both ways. It is a business to the schools and coaches, but it isnt a business for players. Yet players are often times the ones affected by "business" decisions.

I don’t get into all the drama, but.....;)

FWIW , I think the NQ is “no quotation” marks.

You know how Zipp always says “Vince”? Well they say Vince NQ :confused:

I think o_O
LOL...I'm starting to worry about beano. I haven't posted in the thread, but beano's going toe-to-toe anyway!

Maybe he thinks "Vince" has actually changed his name... :p

Reactions: Rollem Cards
This is what should happen. Explain to them they might not fit the new system and if they want to look elsewhere let them, but if not honor the scholarship. The kid from Franklin-Simpson was planning on enrolling next month, was supposedly told his scholarship offer was going to be honored, and then all of a sudden it all changed at no fault of his. Plus, I think one reason he picked UL in the first place was due to what he wanted to study and for academic reasons along with football reasons. I get coaches want their guys, and I dont blame them, but being fair to the kids should also have some priority.
I think the kids handled it correctly on social media. What you hope is they were working back up plans since Petrino was let go. I know if it was my son we would have been looking else where. Randolph will be fine everyone need OLine. Adkins not sure where he fits, but he is a big and pretty athletic kid he will end up somewhere, but more than likely a Murray, Eastern, or possibly Western.

Tim Sullivan‏@TimSullivan714
Many people would like to know what Louisville AD Vince Tyra told committed recruits about safety of their scholarships before Scott Satterfield's hiring. Our Jake Lourim says two families who claim offers revoked had little or no contact with Tyra and received no promises.

11:49 AM - 13 Dec 2018

Kind of looking like Vince Tyra didn't make any promises to any of the commits. Even 2 that had their scholarship offers revoked don't make any claim that Tyra promised them anything. Seems like the narrative that he misled recruits regarding how the coaching change would impact their offers is a false one.
@HoptownCat93

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT