ADVERTISEMENT

Could Louisville ever become a bowl location?

Why not stick with the major donor called Papa John's Bowl? Churchill Down Bowl? Humana, etc....

It could be the Derby City or River City Bowl. Something to that effect.
Horrible, horrible weather. No bowl here. The teams would suck and there'd be no interest. No one wants to go to Louisville in December to play outside. Terrible idea.

Reactions: SoulSr
Horrible, horrible weather. No bowl here. The teams would suck and there'd be no interest. No one wants to go to Louisville in December to play outside. Terrible idea.

This......... Without a dome, we would make the weedeater bowl look good with our weather at that time of year.

It has surprised me that they haven't started some kind of smaller bowl in Lucas Oil Stadium. Weather isn't a factor, and you could get a couple of smaller teams from the region for a decent turn out.

Does anyone here remember freezing your ass off at the Liberty Bowl? I don't think a bowl game here would be very successful. And, by the way, there was an attempt back in the late 50s for a bowl game. FSU played somebody in that game. There may have been 10,000 people at the game. I think Lee Corso and Bert Reynolds played in that game for FSU. Yeah, that's right, I'm old.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Yeah GOCDS, me and about 30k other UofL fans remember.

I don't think a bowl here would be a big success. But If we had one here it would have to cater to teams that don't go very often and are in reasonable driving distance.

As we know a FLA bowl gets expensive. We took a lot more people to Nashville than we would have ever taken to FLA last year.

Old timer that I am, I have attended a bowl game in the 'Ville. It was the first (and only) annual Bluegrass Bowl played sometime I believe in the '60's. Florida State vs Oklahoma State. It was cold as hell and the "crowd" was slight. Oklahoma State won.

Basketball is the sport for Louisville in December.

There was a rumor at some point that Papa John was considering resurrecting the Papa John's Bowl when U of L expanded the stadium. I guess that did not happen. Maybe, he wants it bigger. I would go to the game in most years. Excuse to tailgate? Yes, please.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT