ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to WKU

IIRC, Wales had a U of L scholly from Strong but pi$$ed it away and Radcliff took it.

Don't remember what happened with JRM...

Maybin on his show pretty much if I'm not mistaken that Strong wasn't interested....could have used him the past several years. All SEC Linebacker and will be playing on Sunday next year.

Make room for Wales...him in a Petrino offense....

Maybin on his show pretty much if I'm not mistaken that Strong wasn't interested....could have used him the past several years. All SEC Linebacker and will be playing on Sunday next year.

Fine to analyze a lotta this stuff in hindsight... How good was JRM coming outta high school, and who were our other LBs in that class? Also, I like Marques, but he's not exactly an objective bystander in this discussion.

I recall the Wales-Radcliff situation pretty well... Wales had plenty of consideration from U of L and was in a position to choose his own destiny. And those backs were not good enough (3 stars) to take both. Not being at U of L is and always will be on Wales...

JLM was a 4* with committable offers also from Nebraska, Ole Miss, Vandy, Duke and of course Tennessee....we signed 3 but the only one worth of note is Keith Kelsey. The other 2 were basic 3*

Not true.

Wales had the offer long before Radcliff. He wouldn't commit.
Strong moved on to Radcliff and got a commitment. Wales verballed the next day, but it was to late.

It worked out for both UofL and WKU. Happy for Wales, but happier for Radcliff because he wore Red and Black.

Congrats to coach Brohm. Sure wish Taylor from PRP would have been wearing Cardinal red. Might have motivated some of our other receivers...
Does anyone know if Taylor had an offer from Strong?

JLM was a 4* with committable offers also from Nebraska, Ole Miss, Vandy, Duke and of course Tennessee....we signed 3 but the only one worth of note is Keith Kelsey. The other 2 were basic 3*
Thanks for researching it... Your info kinda begged the additional research, and I can't really fault anyone for taking guys like Hearns and Thomas in that class. Had an ex-football player tell me to expect good things form Lyn Clark as well, and I'm not sure what happened to that guy.

My inclination is not to blame too many defensive shortcomings on Strong during his four years. Glad things worked out well for Marques' son...

Thanks for researching it... Your info kinda begged the additional research, and I can't really fault anyone for taking guys like Hearns and Thomas in that class. Had an ex-football player tell me to expect good things form Lyn Clark as well, and I'm not sure what happened to that guy.

My inclination is not to blame too many defensive shortcomings on Strong during his four years. Glad things worked out well for Marques' son...

It worked out for everyone but JLM is a BEAST and would have love him here.

Not true.

Wales had the offer long before Radcliff. He wouldn't commit.
Strong moved on to Radcliff and got a commitment. Wales verballed the next day, but it was to late.

It worked out for both UofL and WKU. Happy for Wales, but happier for Radcliff because he wore Red and Black.
This.

If you recall, CS had a philosophy of taking the first kid who accepted his offer.

Wales wanted to "look around" and is at WKU after (IIRC) flirting with UCF. (Didn't Bender have something to do with it??)

Reactions: zipp
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT