ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to RB Damien Harris

jalovell23

2000+
Jul 8, 2007
Boone County
Of course he made the right decision to play for Alabama. Do you remember when all those kitty kat fans thought he was going to go to UK. Now he has a chance to play in the National Championship game. Congrats to the young man from Kentucky.

Glad to see the that the kid had the fortitude not to crack under the pressure of insanity. I feel sorry for his mom because I know she is probably being ostracized my the irrationals in her community.

Wish him much success.

Contribute nothing to something, or....contribute something, and get your brains beat out, to nothing.

It's in the eye of the beholder and he knew what he preferred.

It must feel great to not contribute anything to your team as it marches forward.

As a cayut fan you should be more concerned about the "crap" his mother either is receiving or has received from folks of your ilk around Madison County. If Elam had made the same decision he would now weigh about 60 to 75 pounds less OR his huge fat butt would be somewhere else. Alabama is a "real" football program unlike the one you support.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
There's nothing wrong with choosing to ride the bench on a championship team versus actually playing for another team. Some guys would prefer to play and make a difference.

Reactions: Wordless65
Harris was never going to UK. He kept UK on his list as long as he did so he could put off hearing about it every day in high school.

Going to UK if you're a skilled position player makes zero sense. The o-line is usually poor, so you're going to get killed. You'd have no help around you. Also at UK, you're not going to get the development you get at an NFL farm team like Alabama.

It makes sense for players like Elam with no real talent to go to UK. They just want to go to UK so they can get season tickets to basketball and be BMOC.

Reactions: clearthebases
A 5 star "can't miss" FB player is NOT going to play second fiddle to the BB team.

If there is EVER another 5 star from Kentucky, he won't either.

And FB is never going to get the respect it needs to get the top players. It is what it is. And has been. And always will be.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
Glad to see the that the kid had the fortitude not to crack under the pressure of insanity. I feel sorry for his mom because I know she is probably being ostracized my the irrationals in her community.

Wish him much success.
Probably not pressured much. The bluetites are focused only on basketball after Oct 15.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
There's nothing wrong with choosing to ride the bench on a championship team versus actually playing for another team. Some guys would prefer to play and make a difference.

You obviously have not watched Alabama play this year. Harris has been an important cog in the championship run.

One year doesn't define Harris's career at Bama. Henry will probably be gone after this year leaving him a chance to play on a stage KY will never be able to offer (possible future Heisman). Too much talent leaves this state, it is sad and true.

LOL..Marshawn Lynch wouldn't have made a difference on UK team...Harris is playing for a championship, and has played and scored a TD this year. He is better off than playing for a 5-7 no bowl team

Henry will go pro, Drake is a senior. Harris played in all but 1 game this season. He will be the starting RB at Alabama for 2 seasons.

And even if Harris only became a starter as a senior, the wisdom of choosing Alabubba over UK would still be unquestioned.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
It must feel great to not contribute anything to your team as it marches forward.

He knew that going in. That's part of Saban's sales pitch. "We'll sit you early, you watch this great running back ahead of you, be part of a winning team, then year after that will be your coming out party, your junior season, you'll be a star. Or, go to UK, play right away, get worked to death, lose a lot, then when time for the NFL, you're already a has been."

And if you think I'm making that up, guess again.

Henry will go pro, Drake is a senior. Harris played in all but 1 game this season. He will be the starting RB at Alabama for 2 seasons.

Right now the most likely scenario is Bo Scarbrough will get the bulk of the carries next year and Harris is penciled in to fill Kenyan Drake's role.

I must assume you have never played a team sport in your life. Everyone on the team contributes, pushing each other to be at the top of their game. BTW, he has played in games for Alabama at RB and KO returns as a freshman....I would say that is contributing to something.

I played in high school and at the college level. I would rather play than sit on the bench. That's just me.

You obviously have not watched Alabama play this year. Harris has been an important cog in the championship run.

No, he actually wasn't. He had a few carries in mop up games and was replaced midway through the season as the kickoff returner because of his fumbles.

Right now the most likely scenario is Bo Scarbrough will get the bulk of the carries next year and Harris is penciled in to fill Kenyan Drake's role.

That is what posters on the Bama board are saying.

Get handed time at a terrible program or accept the invitation only a select few get from the #1 program in the sport and fight for PT against the best, and learn from the top coach of our era.

UK fan doesn't understand how top programs operate, and how elite recruits are handled on depth charts.

No need to explain it, just laugh at the uninformed.

"I played in high school and at the college level. I would rather play than sit on the bench. That's just me."

What does that tell you about UK? Harris would rather get less playing time at another school than play at UK.

Harris blocked the Florida punt in the SEC Championship !
No, he actually wasn't. He had a few carries in mop up games and was replaced midway through the season as the kickoff returner because of his fumbles.

Also not correct. Most of his carries came late in games. But he had 46 on the season compared to 77 by Kenyan Drake. Harris only returned kickoffs for a few games during Drake's absence (and replaced Drake in the offensive rotation during that period as well). Alabama as a team only lost seven fumbles on the season. Derrick Henry had three himself. The only kickoff I saw fumbled all year (and I saw every second of every game but two - MTSU and Charleston Southern) was the opening KO versus Ole Miss and that was coughed up by Ardarius Stewart. The reason he was replaced as a kick returner was because Drake came back.

I played in high school and at the college level. I would rather play than sit on the bench. That's just me.

He did play and will continue to get chances to play. He has better facilities, trainers, coaches, and will be challenged more at Alabama. It's not like he wasn't playing at all....you point isn't valid.

If he was completely buried on the depth chart, then I would agree with you, but that isn't the case. And I believe a RB has a short shelf life. So playing a lot early might not pay off in the long run if you want to make it to the NFL.

I was thrilled he picked Alabama. I know what it awaits kids when they sign up to play for this train wreck football program. I know my fellow fans would probably be pissed but I like seeing kids go out of state and do really well and buck the trend.

It would be like an Alabama high school basketball star staying in-state and wasting his talent. Glad to see him get a title even though I hate Alabama.

I was rooting for Clemson and still think they were the better team.

"I played in high school and at the college level. I would rather play than sit on the bench. That's just me."

What does that tell you about UK? Harris would rather get less playing time at another school than play at UK.

I'd rather win, be a role player and wait for my shot behind an amazing offensive line and get a chance to win a ring compared to staying in state, playing for a bad program behind a bad line and at best, maybe playing in some mediocre bowl by the time I was a senior.

You'd have to be crazy to not pick Alabama.

Reactions: Senore2006
I'd rather win, be a role player and wait for my shot behind an amazing offensive line and get a chance to win a ring compared to staying in state, playing for a bad program behind a bad line and at best, maybe playing in some mediocre bowl by the time I was a senior.

He could have stayed in state and played for the best Kentucky college football program at Louisville. Hell, even WKU is better than the cayuts. :D

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I couldn't care less. I have no warm feelings about Kentucky players. He didn't go to Louisville so to me he's just one of 8,000 plus division I players out in the world.

To supposedly be a Wildcat fan I'm betting u don't know squat about your own program.

Here's some news for you. When Wills, who is currently a 5 star Olineman from Lexington picks UK next year, they will very likely have a higher ranked Oline then Alabama's championship team this year. And 4 of those players will have had Bama offers. Wills 5 star, Young 5 star, Jackson 4 star, Leavitt 4 star, GAA high 3 star.

That is the line Harris would have run behind as a junior and senior. 3 Army All Americans. We'll see how bad that line will be.

To supposedly be a Wildcat fan I'm betting u don't know squat about your own program.

Here's some news for you. When Wills, who is currently a 5 star Olineman from Lexington picks UK next year, they will very likely have a higher ranked Oline then Alabama's championship team this year. And 4 of those players will have had Bama offers. Wills 5 star, Young 5 star, Jackson 4 star, Leavitt 4 star, GAA high 3 star.

That is the line Harris would have run behind as a junior and senior. 3 Army All Americans. We'll see how bad that line will be.
Takes 85 players...not just 4

Reactions: LockdownCard
Takes 85 players...not just 4

True. But the point is that Kentucky has historically had VERY mediocre OLINE talent with subpar scholarship offers and corresponding talent. That has changed of late to the extent the Oline soon to be playing at UK will be guys with Alabama talent. Even with 81 other guys on scholarship, that is an unprecedented level of talent for UK on the Oline. And for a UK running back to run behind. So to make a statement that Haris would be running behind a bad Oline during his time at UK is very likely wrong

True. But the point is that Kentucky has historically had VERY mediocre OLINE talent with subpar scholarship offers and corresponding talent. That has changed of late to the extent the Oline soon to be playing at UK will be guys with Alabama talent. Even with 81 other guys on scholarship, that is an unprecedented level of talent for UK on the Oline. And for a UK running back to run behind. So to make a statement that Haris would be running behind a bad Oline during his time at UK is very likely wrong
So Harris played at Alabama last year and UK had a offensive line as good as UA? Your O line next year will be bad too. So, I would say Harris made the right choice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT